Son Of Beast being dismantled?!?!

benred23

Well, I rode Drop Tower today and I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. Remember, the park doesn't have to release what their intentions are for Son of Beast. So until we get photo evidence of any work on Son of Beast, I'd say it is a waiting game.

I was at the park today, and I tried to ride everything, though I was too impatient to wait at X-base... that being said it didn't feel right that I couldn't go ride Son of Beast. Felt like a part of the park was missing.

I hope they re-open it eventually. I know wikipedia originally had a quote about its future from one of the big wigs at Cedar Fair saying "demolition was never considered an option". however the quote has been deleted now, so who knows whats going on.

My guess is if they dont' plan on re-opening it they aren't going to get rid of it unless they plan on putting something in its space. And considering they just spent a big chunk on Diamondback I don't see them bringing any major new attractions in the near future.

i rode Drop Tower around 640 today, and was looking at Son of Beast, but mainly at its station because i saw someone falsely posted that the que was dismantled. i saw that it wasnt, but i wasnt focused on anything else... I sincerely hope this is not the case, but we shall see...

I was up on E.T. Saturday and took a shot of SOB. I haven't loaded my pics yet, and the camera is in my car. I'll look through them tomorrow morning and see if anything looks amiss..

*edit* here's a pic from my cell phone..can't see much..

2u8yzrb.jpg

I've missed the loop ever since they removed it. The ride was awesome in its original glory, and I still swear to this day the original trains were smoother. I could be wrong but I do NOT remember the ride being that rough when I First rode it... of course I was 23 when I rode it with the loop and 28 last time I rode it without the loop...could just be age I guess. Alot of rides are harsher than I remember, for instance Invertigo gets me nauseous now.

I've missed the loop ever since they removed it. The ride was awesome in its original glory, and I still swear to this day the original trains were smoother. I could be wrong but I do NOT remember the ride being that rough when I First rode it... of course I was 23 when I rode it with the loop and 28 last time I rode it without the loop...could just be age I guess. Alot of rides are harsher than I remember, for instance Invertigo gets me nauseous now.

you wouldnt be crazy to think the ride was smoother with the loop.... many reasons could account for the smoothness.... trains that fit the track, heavier trains, new ride.... etc

reread what I wrote... I said one of the many reasons it was smoother was because the trains fit the track, they were heavier, etc.....

no worries... we both are saying the same thing, you just said 6 one way and i said half a dozen the other....

oh never mind you said "you wouldn't be crazy"... ok we're on the same page I just misread your post. Sorry.

Funny thing was the park said the ride was going to be a smoother and safer ride with the new trains and the loop removed, but I can tell you when I went in '03, I rode in the back and i don't remember it being much harsher than the parks other wooden coasters. In '07 when the ride re-opened after being "neutered" I rode in the back and I got off the ride with a splitting headache. Didn't last long, but it was a painful enough I never rode it in the back again.

with the new trains the rides ultra smooth in the front, about a normal wooden coaster in the middle, and a coffee peculator in the back.

I know I'm anxious to hear something from the park about the future of this ride. The less they say the worse it is... there are many coasters that have had problems where parks have said nothing, just left it SBNO...and eventually after several years have had the ride removed. Hopefully Son of Beast won't share the same fate.

Every ride has its people that absolutely love the ride, and those that hate the ride. I myself have some rides that I enjoy more than others. However, the last few times I rode Son of Beast (and I did ride it once last season), I got off of the ride saying I would NEVER ride it again (only to eventually ride it again). That ride is the ONLY ride where I have gotten off and said I would never ride it again. Granted, I haven`t been on as many coasters as some who post on here, but I have been on my fair share over the years.

Based on that picture, it appears as if nothing has changed on the ride. Although the resolution is rather low, making it difficult to tell. It certainly doesn`t look like anything has been dismantled.

I never had a ride with loop or heavy trains, but, did get a ride a few years back after it reopened and decided never again. I've never stepped off a ride so disoriented, I had a headache that ruined the rest of the day. No one wants a coaster to give them shaken baby syndrome. I am glad I got the credit though, and got to experience a wooden hyper. If it does reopen, I won't be riding. What a miserable ride..

Age could have something to do with it, I been having the same problems this year and a little of last year. I did some research, seems to be pretty common. After my first visit to KI this year and almost getting sick after just one DB ride and one Beast ride I decided to do something about it. Motion Sickness pills do the trick. I guess Dramamine works fine, but I have been told there are drowsiness issues with that so I use pills that have Meclizine in it. Same as Dramamine but less Drowsy. I take them about a hour before riding and have no problems at all anymore.

Here's one from my camera :

30vdgzs.jpg

And here's a crop of the station from another pic I took:

15hdbi8.jpg

What a beautiful structure-and a horrible ride. Regardless of what they do with it, I took my last ride October 2008. Was miserable and painful. I know I'm the minority, but it needs to go.

Maybe, when no one was looking, it was only 'slightly' dismantled...

...and then reassembled...

...by the Mother Ship!

MotherShip.jpg

tongue.gif

(Sometimes rehash is so irresistible!)

Seriously, though. I think there'd at least be some cranes or scaffolding visible if such modifications were being made.

• Like 1

Maybe, when no one was looking, it was only 'slightly' dismantled...

...and then reassembled...

...by the Mother Ship!

MotherShip.jpg

tongue.gif

(Sometimes rehash is so irresistible!)

Seriously, though. I think there'd at least be some cranes or scaffolding visible if such modifications were being made.

I agree!