Delirium

Colonel_SoB_fan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure you can, if he personally thinks that is what happened that is his proof, and "^ I want thoughs facts" is demanding. For example, I think the front seat of The Beast is the smoothest ever, however there are those who think the front seat is not the best. I swear it is IMO, does not need facts to back that. That is all he was doing .

1:12 seems to be the high point of the cycle. I can't find a more recent video from a similar angle, but this one certainly seems to go higher than it does now.

The video is edited and useing many diffrent angels to really show off the ride. If you had a home video from 03' and a home video from 10' then I might beleive you. But when I rode Delerium in 04' and 10' I feel like I'm riding the same flat. Kings Island also has said it swigs 137 feet, since the ride debuted. That being your facts.

For whoever wanted proof that it goes the same height now as it used to...

Home video from last year:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Home video of test cycles following the part replacement in 2005:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I didn't mean to cause such a commotion! I specifically remember there being a topic on KIC, after the ride reopened from the 2005 part replacement. This topic showed two videos, where you could clearly see the difference between "old" Delirium and "new" Delirium.

Although these are not the same videos from that old KIC topic, because I don't have time to search for that topic, compare these two videos

Watch this video, taken and uploaded in 2008.

Then watch this entire video, it is shot from many different angles, but on some parts it shows it at it's highest swing from a similar angle to the first video I posted. This video is from 2003. It appears as though it is swinging much much higher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmtaxIX2zjQ

EDIT: I think some people are slightly confused earlier in the topic. I meant the ride swung higher in 2003. Then in 2005, it had major downtime and a part replacement. When it reopened after the 2005 part replacement, it swung lower than it had in previous years. And my final point was that it currently swings the height it did after the 2005 part replacement