Kentucky Kingdom

They have set themselves up for failure once again with their pricing structure. Seriously they have priced themselves on par with Holiday World. Holiday World which is only a short drive away, that attracts millions annually from all over the country and is opening a first of a kind B&M. That and their ticket and pass pricing is confusing for the average guest because of the involvement of the Kentucky Fair.

Honestly they aren't even trying at this point. Ticket prices should be $35 at the gate with a discount admission around $27 and season passes around $75.

Seriously know your product, your competition and set your pricing accordingly.

• Like 5

$35!?! It is $60 to get in Carowinds at the gate but I know where I can get discount tickets for $39, at $35 I doubt a park the size of KK could even cover the bills. By the way, gate price at Holiday World is $73, gate price at KK is $50. Season Passes are $138(HW.com) and $110(KK.com).

I was thinking about buying a pass for KK next year, since they are supposed to re-open Twisted Twins. Sounds like maybe I should do that this year, in order to get some rides in on Thunder Run and Lightning Run? KK will never be anything of . the magnitude of KI, but I do want it to suceed. But it sounds like it is destined for failure. Which really sucks, because I WANTED it to suceed after what happened with the previous operator.

• Like 2

From Kentucky Kingdom's Facebook: ( https://www.facebook.com/kentuckykingdom/posts/966216956745810 )

10996427_966216420079197_844190408525131

11159531_966216390079200_883902435452366

10421389_966216386745867_641320968791721

Ow... My eyes... To quote a good friend of mine after seeing this, "It looks like a bad Photoshop job... But it isn't..."

On the other hand, they are now (sort of) pushing T3 on their social media. Maybe it will be ready for opening day after all. Currently, I plan to go, so I will be sure to report.

Unfortunately, you can't really see inside the station or transfer track to know if there is a train there. Supposedly, the park was open Saturday for a private event. I will be scouring the internet to see if I can find any word about said event to figure out which, if any, of the 7 (8 if you count the 5D Theater's new movie) "new" rides were running.

• Like 11

I cannot emphasize enough, if you want to go to Kentucky Kingdom next year, you need to go this year. There are no guarantees. Sit on your wallet and don't go this year, there may never be a Twisted Twins to ride next.

If Kentucky Kingdom's last season was 2015 and the state sold off the rides, I wonder if Cedar Fair would purchase any of their rides? Perhaps for Kings Island?

• Like 1

Bought a season pass a few weeks ago. I will try T3, but I'm not expecting much. Last time I rode it as T2 the shuffling was kind of terrifying.

Looking forward to taking my nephews to the water park though. I haven't been in the water park since the summer I graduated high school! (1998)

• Like 3

Well, the consumer saga continues...but it benefited me. As I said earlier, I was going to wait until 2016 when TT is supposed to reopen. According to KK's website, the presesaon season pass sale is over, but you can still get season passes for $79.95 at Louisville area Kroger stores (Lexington area Kroger stores, too!) So when I went Krogering a little while ago, I looked for the passes near the gift care kiosk. None to be found. I went to customer service, he said, oh yeah, take this laminated sheet to the cashier. Instead of $79.95, the voucher rang up for $59.95. Now I have to go online to process my pass, so we will see. Louisville is just a little over an hour away, so I am sure I will use it some this season. Won't keep me from KI, but it will give me a chance to ride Thunder Run and try out the 2014 Lightning Run.

• Like 7

So.... The state loses that land if it goes under???

To the extent of any default on The Bank of Kentucky's (or its successor's) loan, yes.

And now you all know why I won't set foot in Kentucky Kingdom, because all this is being done with taxpayer dollars.

• Like 4

So.... The state loses that land if it goes under???

Well, I don't think it will be going to the Land Down Under, but Kentucky does have Kentucky Down Under, I'd suggest a trip there too.

I'm going along with Terp here, I'm going to make sure to get down to KK this year because it could very well be the last. But, I have to give it up to KK because at least, even when there are many things going against it, it still pushes. KK is one of those ventures that I think Kentucky needs, but in a different location or region for that matter. As for the color scheme, it's red.....I'm not sure how to respond or think until I get there.

• Like 4