Kentucky Kingdom

My opinion is that the easiest way to get to the front gate is to enter off of one of the Crittenden Drive entrances into the parking lot.  If you end up Circle of Champions loop, you will have to drive around, as I think it is one way.  But I always enter off Crittenden, and always end up near the cemetary, which is really close to the front gate.

• Like 3

This is what I found to be the easiest way in, assuming you approach from the east on I-264:

GNixeZ.jpg

The red line shows how to exit off of the highway, with the ramp bringing you directly to the light at the main entrance to the fairgrounds. After going straight through the light and paying the parking fee, it initially appears that you have to turn right onto Circle of Champions. However, you can actually go straight, as shown in that screenshot, up to a stop sign that will allow you to continue straight into the parking lot. After going up a short distance, turn left and it will bring you closer to Kentucky Kingdom. You can park anywhere in the area where the red line ends and be fairly close to the gate (which is just out of frame near the top left of the image).

• Like 6

This is sad that this is the norm for people who think about the Park. These people lie about park accidents to get more exposure and PEOPLE BELIEVE THEM! I also have a pet peeve of youtubers who use the Alpengeist photo of the Zero Car with the car falling off, AND PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT!!!! Its funny that you say the park has had all of these deaths but the park has had NONECapture_zpsfbcfbeyh.png

• Like 1

There is a way to link to specific comments actually. If you can provide a link to the video I'll find that comment and link to it :)

Don't worry I'll get to it

Got stuck on the lift of Lightning Run today for 8 mins it was great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great day at the park today except for terrible service at Taco  Tequila.  Old women in bikinis and old men in Speedos pressed against the glass sneeze guard is not appealing.  Also, it is not a good time to change the cash drawers when the line is out the door.  The workers did great--they had orders taken and food ready.  However, it was likely cold and why I left the line and went to Swamp Water Jacks for some pulled pork and jalapeno pepper macaroni!

• Like 2

My God Storm Chaser is running so much intense with the blue train just imagine LR last 3 bunny Hills multiply it by 5 (and more comfortable) and you got pretty much every Airtime moment on SC and just for another example the 90 degree bank feels like a Maverick Transition just about 10 percent less. It feels like a new experience but I wonder if it will be like this anytime else. If you have a season pass or are close to the park, GO BACK AND RIDE THIS INSANITY

• Like 5

My God Storm Chaser is running so much intense with the blue train just imagine LR last 3 bunny Hills multiply it by 5 (and more comfortable) and you got pretty much every Airtime moment on SC and just for another example the 90 degree bank feels like a Maverick Transition just about 10 percent less. It feels like a new experience but I wonder if it will be like this anytime else. If you have a season pass or are close to the park, GO BACK AND RIDE THIS INSANITY

I agree!  It was great yesterday!

• Like 2

Kentucky Kingdom was  a great little park yesterday. Hope they continue to build it up! Storm Chaser is really fun! As was Deep Water Dive!

We luckily had the cheap out of state ticket deal with free drinks...so it was pretty nice.  

Weird that the tallest "ride" at the park is the ferris wheel and the water slide lol. But the coasters still pack a good punch. It's definitely not always about height.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

^ If you understand the parks height restrictions it makes sense. The park is limited to 100 ft in the back half due to being in the flight path for the airport. The front of the park where the Ferris wheel is located has a higher restriction.

I believe that would be wrong as Deep Water Dive is definitely higher than 100' high. And the former Greased Lightnin' was 135" high

Sent from my iOS 10 device

^ If you understand the parks height restrictions it makes sense. The park is limited to 100 ft in the back half due to being in the flight path for the airport. The front of the park where the Ferris wheel is located has a higher restriction.

I believe that would be wrong as Deep Water Dive is defiantly higher than 100' high.

Sent from my iOS 10 device

Ed said that the area around there basically had no height limit in a Coaster Force interview

And I think that Deep Water Dive is around 122ft

The park is deserted today got 10 rerides on Stormy. Food at Casa is being made to order. It's just a great day to be here. Casa is the only sitdown restaurant open but there's only 3 people in here. 7 of my rerides were in the front and 3 was when I walked to the back of the train because somebody was walking towards the front.

EDIT: Free drinks for everybody in the park

• Like 4