Kentucky Kingdom

It's September, and no new ride has been announced. In fact, nothing that could be deemed "new" has been teased, announced, nor "Tweeted" out. Even though this isn't too surprising, I was at least expecting a new small flat ride, or maybe a new show. But hey, at least it seems like they will be around for next year.

• Like 2

Admission figures...

Well, let's just say $19.95 with a 20 Oz. Coke product all this weekend.

And the park is hoping for HUUUUGE crowds.

Speaking of which, by now, something is typically released on the State Fair attendance figures.

If things don't turn up there soon, the carnival operator may not. Whether that'd be good or bad for the Kingdom is arguable.

The KSF carnival and KK already have some of the strangest ride operating hours of any fair or exposition.

Having the fair well after local schools have started is hurting...

• Like 3

The only teasing I saw at the park this year was some signs on the fence by the old Dragster site that said "Caution:  Fun Under Contruction." (or something similiar).

I'd expect to see some overall park improvents, maybe a new flat or waterpark attraction and perhaps a removal or two of some of the oldest SIX era attractions that are approaching EOL.

• Like 3

I am happy to say I will be visiting this park next weekend with Coasterfanatic2012. I never thought I would actually go, but I had a friend on Facebook say he had a bunch of free tickets and was giving them to whoever wanted them. I have two and now I'll get to experience this park and all its glory. :)

• Like 6

With better weather and a Storm Chaser to draw thrill seekers, the 2016 Kentucky State Fair attendance was DOWN 6%.

Of course the local Chamber of Commerce business boosting type rag hid this deep in the article:

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2016/09/01/kentucky-state-fair-sees-dip-in-2016-attendance.html

Ladies and Gentlemen, the KSF (and perhaps KK) are facing trouble...

With Storm Chaser, you'd think the fair would at least hold its own.

• Like 4

With better weather and a Storm Chaser to draw thrill seekers, the 2016 Kentucky State Fair attendance was DOWN 6%.

Of course the local Chamber of Commerce business boosting type rag hid this deep in the article:

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2016/09/01/kentucky-state-fair-sees-dip-in-2016-attendance.html

Ladies and Gentlemen, the KSF (and perhaps KK) are facing trouble...

With Storm Chaser, you'd think the fair would at least hold its own.

One of the things that come off the top of my mind is that they had a small selection of Singers this year at the KSF. Correct me if I'm wrong that is one of the main draws. They had top names last year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Vicious cycle?

DOWN last year, so save money/budget this year.

DOWN again, so...

People always made fun of Gary Story for always blaming the weather. In 2015, the Fair Board said it was the rainiest fair in decades.

What's the excuse going to be this time?

And you know this couldn't have helped the Kingdom.

$19.95 with a 20 Oz Coke product this weekend.

Labor Day Weekend. And giving away the gate...

• Like 3

With the amount of workers around when I was there...I imagine they still make a few dollars at the gates after paying workers. I seriously saw one guy working two games and a dude who was cooking at two restaurants...

::Rimshots galore::...but...kinda.

Guy running Storm Chaser was also running Mile High...AT THE SAME TIME!

He was a little out of breath. A little flustered.

Alright...

I've made my point. I will stop...there.

• Like 3

The fair needs a real shake up. It's the same stuff every year and has been for decades. The timing is horrible. Stop having it after school is in session and more families will come. Then there are the rides. The last time I went the midway was not impressive. Most rides had at least one, some two clones right there on the same midway. Do they really need 2/3 Gravitrons, rainbows and Drop Towers?

• Like 4

With the amount of workers around when I was there...I imagine they still make a few dollars at the gates after paying workers. I seriously saw one guy working two games and a dude who was cooking at two restaurants...

::Rimshots galore::...but...kinda.

Guy running Storm Chaser was also running Mile High...AT THE SAME TIME!

He was a little out of breath. A little flustered.

Alright...

I've made my point. I will stop...there.

How is one person operating two rides simultaneously even legal??  That has to be at least top 3 in the list of the absolute stupidest things that clown has pulled yet!

• Like 2

The KSF is garbage. I would not consider attending, even for free. As far as exhibits go it is exactly the same as it has been ever since I was alive. No one wants to pay to see the same things year after year. The midway? HA it's go so far downhill every year I've seen it recently. This year rides that were omitted that were there from previous years that I can think of Inveter, Super Loop, Zipper, Flipper (HUSS), ect. Why would I pay to rides things such as the Century Wheel which is almost laughable when a 150ft tall Giant Wheel looms over that entire midway. Why would I want to rides their "Musik Express" which as far as elevation changes go it offers maybe a bump. It is no Musik Express like the one I rode at Miracle Strip years ago. This carnival operator needs to put more effort in to making it fun, this year they actually put up inflatable obstacle courses vs rides on the back of the midway. Unless the Fair Board and everyone involved gets it together no one will ever be interested in going like they did 15-20 years ago.

• Like 1

It's September, and no new ride has been announced. In fact, nothing that could be deemed "new" has been teased, announced, nor "Tweeted" out. Even though this isn't too surprising, I was at least expecting a new small flat ride, or maybe a new show. But hey, at least it seems like they will be around for next year.

This is the same park that makes announcements at midnight during the middle of the week, in fall.  We're not talking about the brightest PR people here.  

• Like 3

This is the same park that makes announcements at midnight during the middle of the week, in fall. We're not talking about the brightest PR people here.

Actually, Storm Chaser was announced in June, not the fall.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The AP article:

http://m.wlky.com/news/Kentucky-State-Fair-draws-564-000-in-11-day-run/41482682

"good weather" "concerts" "helped draw crowds"

Dude, you were DOWN SIX PERCENT.

This is NOT a good news story.

Either they just don't get it or they think the public is dense.

Next year? August 17-27.

Again AFTER local schools start.

Well after...

• Like 1

Oh my,  down 6% from last year, which was down too, not good.  I'm just wondering,  was the way they used to count admission that big of a deal that they had to focus a bunch of their attention to it,  instead of focusing on adding new stuff for the State Fair?  Like they couldn't believe people weren't showing up so,  they thought the counting system was off??  They had to go out and buy new automated scanners with new software,  just to confirm "YUP WE WERE DOWN"   "AGAIN"...

• Like 1

The AP article:

http://m.wlky.com/news/Kentucky-State-Fair-draws-564-000-in-11-day-run/41482682

"good weather" "concerts" "helped draw crowds"

Dude, you were DOWN SIX PERCENT.

This is NOT a good news story.

Either they just don't get it or they think the public is dense.

Next year? August 17-27.

Again AFTER local schools start.

Well after...

Heat... plain and simple.  People didnt want to be outside.  I even skipped it this year.

• Like 1