Kentucky Kingdom

I understand what you mean Stud. Some rides at KI rarely get my time now. Rode DB lat weekend, Brown Train and the vibration at the bottom of the drops was incredibly annoying.

As for visiting KK, I will do it once next year. They need more in order for me to return. If the experience is anywhere near as bad as Beech Bend, nothing will bring me back.

• Like 4

Haven't been to KK since Thunder Run was shiny and new and it was the only thing I rode. After that I never really thought about riding Coasters. Spent 4 years in Va Beach and even made a visit to BG Tampa. My 2009 visit to KI changed that. Was talked into riding DB and have been hooked ever since. Sad that I missed so many opportunities in those years between.

• Like 2

Diamondback actually can get pretty boring at times. Usually for me the first 2 laps are great, the next 3 are are good, and then usually by the 6th or 7th time I'm like: "Ok the jack-hammering and trim brake are making me sick. I'm done."

the great thing about The Beast is you can ride it 8 times during the day, but when nighttime comes and you get on its a completely different ride. You ride Diamondback and nothing changes, even at night.
  • Like 2

I've actually never been to KK in all honesty. I guess I never really had the desire to go. Might be a different story for next year though with Ed Hart taking it back. I wouldn't mind trying to see the place if time allots.

You should've gone at least once! Chang was great.

Not sure how Twister Twins were during their years.. but they look pretty!

• Like 2

From KK's website:

We will continue to add new attractions each season. In 2015, we will unveil a complete makeover of our suspended looping coaster, T2, and we are well on our way to converting the two intertwined wooden coasters formerly known as Twisted Twins into a much superior ride, which will debut in 2016

Will twisted twins be getting the RMC treatment?

The Stengel Dive at 0:29 is sick! Due to the airtime I almost got ejected out from my desk.

A NoLimits Coaster...this is cool, but...not real. In the actual program itself though, you could actually see the amount of g-forces (airtime, laterals) the ride actually makes as well as exactly how fast it's going, etc. It's an awesome program...kind of hard to build a good coaster with it though, as it's "build" features can be a bit complex and to be good, you have to keep the track smooth and g-forces (the program has color changes on the meter when you're going to far) in check...it's an awesome program though, even if you just download rides built by others. It has a good variety of coaster styles, too...Intamins, B&Ms, Arrows, Vekomas, Premier Rides, Various Wooden Coasters, etc etc...and you make rides those manufacturers would never actually build too! (Aka, you can go crazy and unrealistic...like a 400 foot wooden coaster with barrel rolls, for example!)

yes, they are most likely geting the rmc treatment. rmcs are fairly cheap as outlaw run was ony 10 mil and built from scrap, so a smaller park like kentucky kingdom would be able to afford the iron horse or topper track

Outlaw Run was built from scratch...What ever Twisted Twins becomes will be built from scrap... :D

• Like 4

The one thing that kind of irritates me with Kentucky Kingdom is the constant bickering of Ed better do this, Ed better do that, etc. I guess I'm at the point of frustration where I was with the Decoding Thread for 2014...when the speculating has become more of "I know this for a fact," "Ed better set up the park a certain way to compete with Holiday World," "Pricing better be different because if not there will be a bunch of kids running wild in the park," "The old management left the park a certain way, so it is doomed," etc.

I love chatting with you all about all the possibilities but can't we see this as something positive? Personally, I believe that enthusiasts create a culture for new projects, including the re-opening of a park. If a ton of enthusiast are going to be negative about a new coaster, most will find something bad about it. If a ton of enthusiasts are going to be negative about Kentucky Kingdom re-opening, the project is going to be perceived as terribly by most enthusiasts. It seems like y'all always have to be so darn critical of something that should be positive. Yeah, the park may not be adding a Giga-coaster or re-vamping something the way you think it should but come on, be thankful you are going to have another park to go to. If you don't like it after it re-opens, so be it, but don't cut it down until you actually walk through the gates and spend time there.

• Like 9

Good points, but there were many valid reasons Hart & Co. couldn't borrow more than they did (and they wanted to) for this venture. Ed could also self-fund this out of his pocket change, not to mention Bruce Lunsford. That neither the banks nor Hart nor Lunsford were willing to risk very much speaks volumes. In fact, this could only proceed after the state's land serves as collateral for the loan. This goes under, the taxpayers lose.

Being positive is one thing. Being objective is better. Want a rosy scenario, read the press clippings.

• Like 4

Hey I don't know about the other guy but I am certainly happy that we are getting the Kingdom back. The RMC treatment would be excellent for Twisted Twins, possibly Steel Twisted Twins: The Intamin Attraction.

• Like 2

Good points, but there were many valid reasons Hart & Co. couldn't borrow more than they did (and they wanted to) for this venture. Ed could also self-fund this out of his pocket change, not to mention Bruce Lunsford. That neither the banks nor Hart nor Lunsford were willing to risk very much speaks volumes. In fact, this could only proceed after the state's land serves as collateral for the loan. This goes under, the taxpayers lose.

Being positive is one thing. Being objective is better. Want a rosy scenario, read the press clippings.

So why not support it? Why bash it before it even opens? (Not pointing you out directly)

I don't know the whole financial side of this nor do I claim to. I know that the various businesses that have allotted financing for this project can also win (or lose) from this project.

But do tell me, in this scenario......you are multi-millionaire. You have the opportunity to reopen an amusement park that is going to cost millions to re-open. How much money, that you have earned, do you put into the project yourself? How much do you ask other organizations/financial institutions for? If you spend more of your own money than asking other organizations/financial institutions how much will they actually support your business venture?

• Like 1

If it were truly a money making opportunity, Ed Hart would not want to be risk sharing. He'd want to own the revenue stream outright, as he has with many other ventures.

I'm talking the financial side. It's what I know. And I still do not see how under the rosiest of scenarios this business plan is sustainable. There is a reason very few parks are on leased land. There is a reason parks don't want to operate on government property. There is a reason parks price the way they do, and it is sheer folly to think one can severely undercut the competition and stay in business. The other operators are not fools.

• Like 2