Kentucky Kingdom

Wife drags me to the park, I make fun of her for being an enthusiast :lol: . She still does not know I am. I ride rides for the thrill, unfortunately I don't get a thrill anymore this year at the park. The first ride on DB is okay, but then if I re ride it seems slower and if I re-ride it again it seems much slower. Last two times I rode Diamondback with no lines I could only ride 3X before I had to get off cause of boredom.

I liked going with my wife and baby to the waterpark and Planet Snoopy. My new favorite ride is boo blasters.

I can't wait till next year as I am going to travel to the west coast, east coast, and parks in the middle cause my wife wants to go ride new rides. :lol: She is very interested in the new Drop Tower at SFGAD next year.

Coasters in the 90mph range, 120mph range, and ejector machines does not get old :lol:

I kinda agree with you, I went to Kings Island for the first time in ten years this year and and almost every other weekend. I found that the end of year, Diamondback is the only one thats still thrilling. The Beast without trim on the first hill. AE just boring, Racer yawn, Delerium could be something if laster longer. Invertigo, Flight deck doesnt last long enough. Vortex and Flight of Fear offer a little thrill, Firehawk is only good in back and in the loop.

I think the prob is too much exposure. I did get well use out of my season passes and hopefull Cedar Point next year will change that, if not I prob will quit going as much.

I felt like this before Kentucky Kingdom closed and so did many other people. Now I feel like this with Kings Island and Holiday World.

• Like 5

Tis the reason we only go a few times per season with a trip to a new park thrown in for good measure. Helps keep things fresh and fun.

Have toyed with the idea of moving closer to KI in the past. I think that would lead us to visit too much and suffer burnout.

Back on topic, I hope things really work out for KK. That will give us a new park trip to make next year :)

• Like 4

Time-Lapse of the work being done at Kentucky Kingdom......

At 0:25 it looks as if the area being worked on is part of which that will be used by the "new" roller coaster....

Actually it's the clearing of Chang's old footprint for the water park expansion.

The largest wave pool in the Ohio river valley. Man do I miss it. You can't find massive waves like the one this one has. Hopefully they make the waves in this wave pool LARGER since they are adding an additional wave pool to the water park.

Just checking: did they explicitly say "additional" or "second" wave pool? Or did they just say "new" wave pool?

The reason I ask is because The Beach Waterpark said they were putting in a "new" wave pool for this year, and it turned out to just be a remodeling of the existing one that reduced the maximum depth from 10.5 feet to 4.5 feet.

This is from the press release (June 27) from the parks website. I also want to see what this lazy river is going to be about.

Not only will we reopen Mt. Slide Hai and all of the park’s other water slides, the “Deluge” water coaster, the lazy river, the children’s activity pools, and our famous 750,000-gallon Big Kahuna wave pool, but we will more than double the size of the water park, adding a wave lagoon (an attraction the whole family will love!), three wet and wild water slide complexes, and an adventure river that speeds you along at six times the rate of the water park’s existing lazy river. And this is only what’s happening in the water park!

"Wave lagoon"? I've never heard that term, but based on the description in parentheses, I would interpret that as a much smaller pool with smaller waves for younger kids. Unless something else to the contrary has been said elsewhere, I would not expect a second full-size wave pool.

The building below has now been renovated to become an enclosure for Kentucky Kingdom's bumper cars......

Before....And.....After....

15ntauf.png

(Photo Courtesy of The New Kentucky Kingdom)

Also....Just in case any of you here on KIC are looking for a full-time job....In Louisville....At Kentucky Kingdom....

They are now looking to fill tech. service, administrative assistant, and security positions!

• Like 1

Wife drags me to the park, I make fun of her for being an enthusiast :lol: . She still does not know I am. I ride rides for the thrill, unfortunately I don't get a thrill anymore this year at the park. The first ride on DB is okay, but then if I re ride it seems slower and if I re-ride it again it seems much slower. Last two times I rode Diamondback with no lines I could only ride 3X before I had to get off cause of boredom.

I liked going with my wife and baby to the waterpark and Planet Snoopy. My new favorite ride is boo blasters.

I can't wait till next year as I am going to travel to the west coast, east coast, and parks in the middle cause my wife wants to go ride new rides. :lol: She is very interested in the new Drop Tower at SFGAD next year.

Coasters in the 90mph range, 120mph range, and ejector machines does not get old :lol:

I kinda agree with you, I went to Kings Island for the first time in ten years this year and and almost every other weekend. I found that the end of year, Diamondback is the only one thats still thrilling. The Beast without trim on the first hill. AE just boring, Racer yawn, Delerium could be something if laster longer. Invertigo, Flight deck doesnt last long enough. Vortex and Flight of Fear offer a little thrill, Firehawk is only good in back and in the loop.

I think the prob is too much exposure. I did get well use out of my season passes and hopefull Cedar Point next year will change that, if not I prob will quit going as much.

When I go a lot, I like to flip things around, and take my time. I don't ride the same things every time.

There are times I go over, get a funnel cake, some coffee, and just watch the carousel.

• Like 4

Sometimes I go to KI and never ride a thing....I've stayed from opening to closing, and the shortest stay has been 20 minutes (long lines determine how long I stay, the longer the line the shorter the stay.)

I think the only thing that determines how long I stay at Kentucky Kingdom, is that crazy access bridge between the sections....what a nuisance. If they would put something other than a pedestrian bridge, It might make the stay better. Perhaps a monorail type ride.

• Like 2

That article has so many flaws...for one, it says Thunder Run last ran in 2008, but I'm 99% sure it was open in 2009 and ran that full season...also, T"3" in 2016? I thought 2016 was supposed to be the Twisted Twin's re-opening, and T2/3 in 2015...did they switch or something?!?!

• Like 2