Kentucky Kingdom

Tbh Lightning Run looks like it will be more fun than a forceless B&M. Step up your game Kings Island! B&M is a great coaster manufacturer, if not the best, but some of its recent coasters... *tisk* *tisk*

So quick to judge.

I wasn't aware you had ridden the new coaster at either Kentucky Kingdom or Kings Island.

What they LOOK like is not the key.

Zamperla's flying coasters look fun.

That infernal contraption at Indiana Beach looks fun.

• Like 10

Many would argue that some of B&M's recent coasters aren't maintained by their respective company as well as they could be. (Diamondback, Gatekeeper etc.).

But yes, I agree that Lighting Run does "look" more fun than many forceless B&M's nonetheless...

EDIT: Keyword "look", I'll find out for sure next summer...

Tbh Lightning Run looks like it will be more fun than a forceless B&M. Step up your game Kings Island! B&M is a great coaster manufacturer, if not the best, but some of its recent coasters... *tisk* *tisk*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I hope you get to ride Banshee next Spring.....

I have been questioning before the announcement on here if Hurricane Bay would be better than Splashin Safari. I questioned that because some information was LEAKED a month before last nights announcement, the link is below

http://baseballnationals.com/elizabethtown/kentucky-kingdom/

(note: this information is not 100% accurate)

Also, I am a bit stunned to be honest that more coaster critics are more interested in Lighting Run over Banshee, even several of you KI fans. But hey, we have two great new coasters coming to our region in less than 6 months.

Lastly, I have seen a picture on twitter of several slide pieces already on site at the park.

• Like 4

Lightning Run is also new to everyone. Banshee had everyone's attention when it was announced.

Crypt, back to lurking.

The only thing about Banshee is that announcement for that ride was anticipated with a date, So the public knew about it. Right now, I bet not even a 4th of the Louisville area in my opinion is aware of KK announcement since it happened last night and the media hasn't taken converge of the story. But I will guess that all change tomorrow and Ed will have a press conference

But hey, we all should have known something unique was coming, it is Ed Hart

• Like 4

This is the kind of announcement that does not spur season pass sales. By that I am referencing Terpy's above post. This announcement has sat since 11pm Saturday night with no real fanfare outside of the enthusiast community. I honestly hope this is not the target audience for the park, but instead the family demographic. Yet the announcement completely missed hitting what I think their intended audience would be. Maybe they will hear about it today, maybe not?

• Like 3

It's Ed Hart. He does things...differently.

If this park makes it through several seasons, watch him offload it to a big corporation for much dinaro. Then the cycle will repeat.

Thats what developers do, invest money and sell it for more. Thats how Carowinds came to be but where it failed. $30 million to build but declared bankruptcy and sold for $15 million. However, look at the park now...

Admission at a park is typically not a revenue generator. The idea is to get them in the door, and have them spend monies on other things. That's where profits lie. Really, the idea of a pay-one-price was born out of the philosophy that profit margins lay within the park - not at the gate.

• Like 4

True, but if your price point (particularly on season passes) is too low it attracts far too many patrons that don't have money to spend once they are in the park. I'm sure they will sell a decent number of passes at $60 but are the people that are buying the $60 passes the ones that will come and buy the $7 pizza slices and $30 sweatshirts?

• Like 3

Good for KY kingdom the parks website looks great, the new coaster is great, it will be a great year in the Midwest: With the point, the island, and the kingdom plus a true tested ride at the world for a pirate ship.

I also like that the eagles have landed at the Kingdom for 2013 and the tallest water slide! good for them!

• Like 3