What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

I think this coaster is done for as it has not been looked after since it closed a few years ago & it will cost less to take it down rather than repair it.

How much would it roughly cost to get it re-tracked like "Texas Giant"..? I'm so glad I rode it back in 2000, but then it was still a bumpy ride (its layout is just wrong & would not work), they should of gone for a more spread out n back / twister version, the loop was glass smooth. :)

I would see it coming down by the end of the year or sooner..

• Like 1

I say open a new Wood Coaster with a steel structure like The Voyage at Holiday World. Instead of an out-and-back just built it with plenty of turns and have plenty of airtime. Doesn't have to be the "biggest, fastest or longest". They could call it, "Illegitimate Son of Beast" !

• Like 1

I like that idea of just building a steel coaster that goes in and out and around the existing structure! Just punch a bunch of holes in SOB and build a coaster that looks like a giant, alien cybersnake coiling itself around the old wooden coaster, and build aesthetic design elements along the track that gives it the appearance like it's about to constrict and squeeze said coaster into a mound of splintered rubble.

Just hope they have an incredible plan, for Action Zone/ sob redo:

I would love for them to use the congo ride for a new indoor family adventure animatronic ride, a new coaster, and I say tear down the Son of Beast.

I loved it but now it sits and sits.

Something big will be gone in a couple of years. Take this as you will. It does relate to the topic at hand, but not exactly the topic at hand. ;) Shares a commonality. Just can't wait for the bulldozers.

No idea if you have any inside information or not, but playing along, my bet would be Timberwolf. It's only used once a year anyways.

Just hope they have an incredible plan, for Action Zone/ sob redo:

I would love for them to use the congo ride for a new indoor family adventure animatronic ride, a new coaster, and I say tear down the Son of Beast.

I loved it but now it sits and sits.

(Bolded for emphases)

That would be a very short river adventure...I mean Cogo Falls isn't all that long... ;)

I was thinking for a tear down of SOB, they could use the parts of the congo and add many parts, and theming to a whole new ride!

Plus a nice coaster replacement!

Time will tell, it still would be nice with some family attractions new coaster area!

Something big will be gone in a couple of years. Take this as you will. It does relate to the topic at hand, but not exactly the topic at hand. ;) Shares a commonality. Just can't wait for the bulldozers.

No idea if you have any inside information or not, but playing along, my bet would be Timberwolf. It's only used once a year anyways.

You have to figure that the SOB space is not going to sit like it is forever...

Timberwolf is a giant waste of real estate...they only use it for Jeebus-Fest one weekend a year now, anyway.

IcanfeelJeebus.jpg

• Like 1

I just can't wait for the Demo of SOB. I say a controlled implosion would be nice.

Would be tough to implode that ride, due to it's proximity to other rides in the park. If we see a Craigslist ad for 2.5 million board feet of free Yellow Pine, we'll know.

No body is spending the money to open up SOB for 1 more season. Think about the cost of just getting the station and track up to par, the cost would far outweight the benefit. You can certainly fill in the valley behind SOB, but the cost would be extremely high, fill dirt isn't exactly free and the amount that you would need would be huge.

I know it would cost a lot... I'm just saying what I wish would happen. What I wish would happen and what actually will is 2 different things lol.

Hey, I heard it's haunted by werewolves - packs of them. Is this really true?

No. They do not haunt the area. They lounge about in old chairs and admire the collections of items they've obviously purloined and artistically arranged on the wall.

• Like 1