August Announcement?

jdawg1998

Look at the pattern,

2005, BLSC

2007, FH

2009, DB

2012...???????

2010, took 2 years to build DB

I would be cautious of this. We're still in the infancy of the park under Cedar Fair, so it's hard to say that the pattern they've expressed in the past is what we ought to expect for the future. Paramount built The Italian Job: Stunt Track. Firehawk was an uprooted ride from Geauga Lake. Just because a coaster was added every other year under the previous owner and during the park's rapid expansion under Cedar Fair doesn't mean that's going to be normal. Now that the park has two large coaster thrill rides and is sufficiently "beefed up" to the usual Cedar Fair standard, it may not be that we get a coaster all the time.

And I personally won't complain about that. I was near tears at the additions this year (WindSeeker is a great ride, but also the new lights, themeing, music, effects all over the park... Dinosaurs, too), and would much prefer more years like this to more years of one giant coaster addition and not much else. Not forever, of course, but there's no harm in it for a few seasons at a time.

Yep and I did close the FB 2012 one but left the long running whats coming 2012 thread open. This one will most likely get closed late Wednesday. :)

Ok, thanks. It all just got confusing and hard to keep up with.

Good to see you posting again jmceowen but please do nit hold your breath. If by late Wednesday night no announcement is made other than a few maybe that was the announcement announcements, then the future announcements should fit in with the 2012 or Haunt threads.

New dinosaurs arrived.

There are truck convoys moving through the woods behind Firehawk. They are entering next to The Beast and Firehawk. There are some work going on out in the woods around Firehawk and Son of Beast. Anyone can see this riding WindSeeker. I wonder what this is...... :rolleyes::P

New dinosaurs arrived.

There are truck convoys moving through the woods behind Firehawk. They are entering next to The Beast and Firehawk. There are some work going on out in the woods around Firehawk and Son of Beast. Anyone can see this riding WindSeeker. I wonder what this is...... :rolleyes::P

That is the big Ruyang Yellow River dino. I saw them putting it together when I was going up the lift hill of Firehawk.

I think the three question marks stands for 3 minor attractions. I think one is a DA expansion, the next one is a water coaster, and the third is a BB expansion with another wave pool. If not that, my money is on texas giant SOB. Three question marks, three letters in SOB.

I do think your on to something. Three question marks, for three different things? Definitely Dino expansion. That, or SOB. One can only hope, right?

I like how everyone makes all "Rear Window" on the WindSeeker. Anyone ride it just to ride, or is it to see what's happening at the fringes of the park?

I do enjoy the view of the park. Off in the distance over behind the maintenance/storage area behind FoF you can see a field with SoB's old red/yellow PSV cars and some of the leftover phantom theater seats. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Didn't they announce WindSeeker right before season passes went on sale last year? If so they would have to announce what the new attraction(s) would be for 2012 as they usually tie that into their reason to buy a season pass and they usually have it posted in the Halloween Haunt maps at the park.

Yes, the two are usually in very close proximity of each other. The two parks (that I am thinking of CW and CW) have announced their 2012 plans, and have also announced season passes for next year. One could assume the same will happen at Kings Island.

Usually yes. It is possible they will continue to wait if they have no "new" attractions for 2012 though. Without a major attraction of some sort to help sell season passes, it can be better to just wait until January when people will be more excited about any kind of KI news.

But they have already announced that season passes will go on sale around Labor Day.