Upgraded Food Options

Snowman

The actual listing for Outer Hanks still contains burritos:

Outer Hanks

Hand breaded fish-n-chips, shrimp, wings, special salads, desserts, burritos, burrito bowls, taco’s, nachos, specialty beers

Located in Oktoberfest

Tacos is already fixed - who says we don't help the park :)

I must admit, I don't know off the top of my head which of those is actually correct, but I think it's kids'? My English teacher would be quite disappointed with me right now. :unsure:

Edit: Captain Google with the answers! Chick-Fil-A has "kid's meal" and Wendy's has "kids' meal". So I'm still confused.

Guest TombraiderTy

Not to go off topic, but I noticed a couple other errors on the website. The Adventure Express page lists the ride time as 2 mniutes 30 seconds and there is an extra, unnecessary bullet in the information.

Plus, the "Royal Moments: 1972" blog post from a couple weeks ago makes mention of "the Spirit of '76 turnpike cars, the Wild Mouse, ... , the Spider, the Antique Cars ..." I've never heard Marathon Turnpike called that (only its original name and Sunshine Turnpike), plus the park did not and has not had a Wild Mouse (it did have Bavarian Beetle, however). Finally, the Spider has always been called Monster and (this one is minor) Antique Cars was known as "Lex Taxis" and "Ohio Overland Auto Livery" its first year. Finally, the picture at the bottom of this post is from Coney Island, not Kings Island.

Edit - Also, Congo Falls' page says guests can get soaked on the "obversvation deck". And Eiffel Tower lists its height as 315-feet, while it is actually 314-feet (Drop Tower is 315).

Regarding kid's versus kids', I'd say kids' - the meal doesn't belong to a single child, justifying the plural.

Not to go off topic, but I noticed a couple other errors on the website. The Adventure Express page lists the ride time as 2 mniutes 30 seconds and there is an extra, unnecessary bullet in the information.

Plus, the "Royal Moments: 1972" blog post from a couple weeks ago makes mention of "the Spirit of '76 turnpike cars, the Wild Mouse, ... , the Spider, the Antique Cars ..." I've never heard Marathon Turnpike called that (only its original name and Sunshine Turnpike), plus the park did not and has not had a Wild Mouse (it did have Bavarian Beetle, however). Finally, the Spider has always been called Monster and (this one is minor) Antique Cars was known as "Lex Taxis" and "Ohio Overland Auto Livery" its first year. Finally, the picture at the bottom of this post is from Coney Island, not Kings Island.

Edit - Also, Congo Falls' page says guests can get soaked on the "obversvation deck". And Eiffel Tower lists its height as 315-feet, while it is actually 314-feet (Drop Tower is 315).

Regarding kid's versus kids', I'd say kids' - the meal doesn't belong to a single child, justifying the plural.

Perhaps it's time for the return of the Errors on VisitKingsIsland.com thread? (not that one from 2009, obviously)

Guest TombraiderTy

As far as the cars go - technically it was two rides. There was Antique Cars on one side (plain cars) and Les Taxis (cars with taxi things on the roofs) on the other.

When the ride opened, the Coney side was Les Taxis and the Rivertown one was Ohio Overland Auto Livery (although, technically, they were both part of Rivertown). They underwent a couple name changes during their 33 year run, with Antique Cars being the generic name for the tracks.

Perhaps it's time for the return of the Errors on VisitKingsIsland.com thread? (not that one from 2009, obviously)

I would prefer to think that the majority of what I pointed out is copy editing stuff, and not "These pictures are from another park!" complaints (although I admit the stuff in the Royal Moments post is rather nerdy).

Perhaps it is just me, but I cannot imagine Mexican & amusement rides mixing well.

I feel the same way when I see people eating a large Larosa pepperoni pizza out in the July heat.

Hot cheese in 90 degrees......Mmmmmm!

KI's last attempt at Mexican was a major flop (Border Cafe, where I-Street Skyline now resides), hopefully they'll make it work this time.

That seems to be the existing Boomerang Bay Subway. It's an original WaterWorks building, so they're probably gutting and rebuilding it.

69.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bump

For those who have not seen this yet, http://www.visitkingsisland.com/article/media-center/Kings-Island-introduces-new-food-options.

It looks as though we're getting some more healthier food options as well. Also, I've noticed that Cedar Fair seems to be taking sponsorships more seriously with the names given to some of their newest additions. Lastly, it's nice to see some more unique foods returning to the park. Bavarian pretzels? Churros? Sounds good to me!

My biggest complaint over the new options is the fact that the dining plans are only available attached to admission tickets. $9.00 extra for a meal and snack is a reasonable price that I would pay for, but for a season pass holder, I see no way to buy the dining plan by itself. You HAVE to buy a regular admission ticket to get the dining plan, and that IMO is a bad move. Those who have season passes are the ones who visit the park frequently and thus the ones most likely to know there are cheaper options nearby and thus eat outside of the park. If they want to make money off of this, they should be offering it to passholders to encourage us to eat in the park and not take our nickels elsewhere (I know I would take them up on the offer) instead of only giving the discount to the people who are more likely to eat in the park anyway and thus reducing their profit margin on those people.

My biggest complaint over the new options is the fact that the dining plans are only available attached to admission tickets. $9.00 extra for a meal and snack is a reasonable price that I would pay for, but for a season pass holder, I see no way to buy the dining plan by itself. You HAVE to buy a regular admission ticket to get the dining plan, and that IMO is a bad move. Those who have season passes are the ones who visit the park frequently and thus the ones most likely to know there are cheaper options nearby and thus eat outside of the park. If they want to make money off of this, they should be offering it to passholders to encourage us to eat in the park and not take our nickels elsewhere (I know I would take them up on the offer) instead of only giving the discount to the people who are more likely to eat in the park anyway and thus reducing their profit margin on those people.

I agree. If you made the dining plan for passholders, we would maybe eat in the park most of the time. If your just doing it for people on vacation or something, then most passholders might just go out of the park and get something cheaper.

UrAx1.gif