Biggest Mental Thrill

(I searched in the forums for a topic like this but I couldn't find one. If there is one, and I just overlooked it, moderators - feel free to delete this one and direct me to the correct one - thanks!)

What ride gives you the biggest mental thrill?

It's not always just the physical thrills that freak people out! Most rides seem to be designed with the illusion of danger, but you know you will be fine. Still, though, some are more of an adrenaline rush than others - and not always because it's phsyically intesne!

For me, personally, the ride that gives me the biggest mental thrill is WindSeeker. I am not afraid of heights at all, and the ride itself is not too physically intense. It's the mental thrill that really gets me and (sometimes even) freaks me out! It's never kept me from riding the ride though, as I love adrenaline rushes (when I know I will be safe, of course)! It's just that feeling I got when I first rode WindSeeker (the Cedar Point one), as I got to the top, I just thought "this feels wrong!" It just seems so unreal - to be up that high, out in the open, hanging by just a thin metal pole, barely even strapped in, with the wind whipping you around! It feels like you can fling out at any time (which I know you can't!) It's that feeling of danger when you know that you are actually safe. It's quite a feeling! And some rides do that to me more than others.

I love it! :P

(I've been on both CP's and KI's WindSeekers, and CP's seems more intense to me probably because it's by a big lake and it gives the illusion of being more out in the open, whereas KI's is surrounded by woods so I don't feel as "out there". But I love them both!)

So, what rides (at any amusement park) give you the biggest mental thrill?

^And I get the feeling it will be stuck at the top for an hour. (Wait, that actually happened before!) my top for this might be Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom. A broken track, a very life like yeti, and Mount Everest. Mostly all Disney rides will get me like that. (But I still like KI's thrill rides better because overall they are taller and faster.)

I have two: Vortex and Delirium.

Vortex gives me a mental thrill when the train is let off of the chain lift. It makes me feel like the train could fall off of the tracks at any moment.

Delirium gets me when the ride swings up on the entrance side. I always feel as if my feet will touch the red lights on the roof of the queue, and because of the force my foot will be hurt badly.

A few more mental thrills besides WindSeeker for me are:

Xtreme Skyflyer (feels like you will hit the ground!)

Drop Tower (the feeling on the drop is the most intense feeling on any ride I've been on, and not knowing when you will drop)

Power Tower (the jolt that Dvo mentioned, when you get to the top, and not knowing when you will drop)

The suspended coasters (not sure the correct term for them) that are like Iron Dragon (cp), Flight Deck (ki), and Vortex (cw). (for some reason, those types always feel like they are going to break off the track!)

Disaster Transport (always a slight feeling like our train will collide with the train in front of us that you can see go over the hill as you are going up! lol)

I really lost the thrill factor cuz I really seem to have no fear left.

The first time I rode TTD the intensity of the launch kinda got me but the 2nd time was much more tame :(

Other than that, Terpy is right on with Demon Drop. It was kinda rickety and old seeming and that little bump at the top just felt...wrong. It really was the most thrilling ride I can think of and I miss it!

Oh yeah, a sunny day on Maverick where you get blinded going up the first hill and the beyond vertical drop kinda get me if I'm in the front.

Titan at SFoT did freak me out. I had no idea how big it was until we crested the hill. Unfortunately, you just can't re-create that.

When I was a kid, it was well known in my family that anything with glowing eyes terrified me. In many Disney films, the scene fades out with only the villains eyes left, and I would cry and cry. I was afraid of Big Thunder Mountain because of the glowing bat eyes, and of The Little Mermaid show at the Disney-MGM Studios because of Ursula's glowing eyes. I couldn't look at the Cave of Wonders for the same reason.

Something about Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye still makes me delightfully uneasy. Throughout the whole line, you see paintings, murals, and frescos of the ancient god Mara, but all depictions show him with his eyes closed. As the ride begins, one of three doors unlocks to give you one of three gifts: eternal life, visions of the future, or earthly riches. But if you look into the eye of Mara, you're cursed to the Gates of Doom.

I think I usually do try to avoid looking into the eye of Mara for some stupid reason, and I know many people who grew up in the area and say that throughout their childhoods, they walked very uneasily through Adventureland, truly afraid they might accidentally look into Mara's eyes from the pathway.

See the first few terrifying seconds here:

At Kings Island it has to be the Eiffel Tower and WindSeeker. I can ride Drop Zone all day, which is a huge rush to me and leaves me shaking every time, but I start feeling sick after just a few minutes atop the Eiffel Tower or WindSeeker.

Of any park? Definitely Demon Drop. That's one of the most terrifying contraptions I've ever encountered. It's just... demonic!

• Like 1

The Maverick. Everytime i visit it breaks down so last fall i finally got on with no fear until the first drop! Ive never felt my heart fall out my chest like that and im no rookie to rollercoasters.I know my next visit i gotta get back on it cause it definetly took me by suprise and messed my head up and i cant have that! Diamondbacks restraints still mess with my head after 20 plus rides,i know its safe and seatbelts would make it to easy but i would feel much better if i could take a tour and see whats saving my life! Being stuck with people freaking out on DB midcourse was a mental thrill for sure, i was staring at the first drop the entire 30 minutes knowing if a one in a million chance a train comes over that hill were all in deep stuff,i thought about pointing this out to everyone till i heard a kid crying and kept my thoughts to myself!

Demon Drop was like a rickety carnival ride or something. It just felt shady as hell. lol

That sudden stop at the top of the lift when you get a little airtime was nuts. Then you roll out in a sardine box onto that little ledge. Terrifying! Then when the bottom drops out - it's the absolute scariest plummet I've ever experienced on any ride!

I haven't been to Cedar Point in a while. Did they remove it?

I haven't experienced very many rides but I would say the two that get to me are Drop Tower at KI and Sheikra at BGT.

Drop Tower gets me just because you never really know when you at the top and when you are going to get released.

Sheikra get me because its floorless and when you sit on the outer edges in the front row. When they dangle you when you sit in the outer edge front row all you see is the ground then when you get released it looks like you'll fall straight into the ground! The headchopper outside the Immelmann Loop from the track into the break run and the visual of the "volcano" get me everytime. I love the ride but both headchoppers make me duck and the outer edge front row seat makes me feel like i will fall everytime...

Demon Drop was like a rickety carnival ride or something. It just felt shady as hell. lol

That sudden stop at the top of the lift when you get a little airtime was nuts. Then you roll out in a sardine box onto that little ledge. Terrifying! Then when the bottom drops out - it's the absolute scariest plummet I've ever experienced on any ride!

I haven't been to Cedar Point in a while. Did they remove it?

You can find it at Dorney Park :)

For me they're Demon Drop, the ride formally known as Tomb Raider: The Ride, and Drop Tower. My first time on Xcelerator when it launched got me too.