Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

The best coasters I have ever been on are the fastest and the tallest. The faster something goes the better and thats hard to argue.

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinions....though yours is actually a relative statement. Do you have facts to prove that a coaster is better simply because it goes faster?

To reach higher speeds you have to have more height. They kind of go hand in hand with coasters. Inversions/standing/laying/wings are all visual gimmicks to impress the casual person but really just slow you down and give you a headache.

Ah...I see. That explains why there are so many coasters with "gimmicks" that have been built, and which are still being built.

facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gi

Because the general population like things that aren't good.

• Like 1

^Because rides like The Beast, Maverick, and Kumba aren't consistently regarded as some of the best roller coasters in the world.

I'll admit Maverick does not fall into the tall category but it is launched. I should have mentioned being launched to reach faster speeds is not a gimmick, it is raw power.

The best coasters I have ever been on are the fastest and the tallest. The faster something goes the better and thats hard to argue. To reach higher speeds you have to have more height. They kind of go hand in hand with coasters. Inversions/standing/laying/wings are all visual gimmicks to impress the casual person but really just slow you down and give you a headache. I just hope that it is not something with a gimmick and it is something that is jaw dropping like a Giga.

Seriously? Go back to your bridge!

I just don't understand why on every forum I read when someone has an unpopular and radical opinion, there is someone that has to act like you are nuts. I would love a park full of 200-400 ft. tall coasters that go 80-120 mph over a park with 1 such coaster and a bunch of coasters that are slow and give you headaches(inversions).

Because the general population like things that aren't good.

And you get to define what is good, is that right?

You have yet to show me any facts upon which you base your assessment that a coaster is better simply because it goes faster.

Look, I don't mean to sound a like a jerk. I don't like it when people make me feel unwelcome, so I will say "Welcome to the site". But you're making unfounded statements without backing them up. They amount to nothing more than your opinion. I have yet to get what I would like to see at KI, while in the meantime they've given the park a whole lot of things over the years that other people wanted. I've had to deal with that.

Now....pardon me, but I need to hang it up for the night. I really am getting a headache. Ugh!

• Like 2

Wow, there seem to be a bit too much arguing in this thread lately. Can we all just respect each other's opinion and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Also, don't think to much into what another member posts. It could be meant as a joke or just sarcasm. Now continue speculating/ decoding peacefully.

• Like 2

Secondson wrote: In my ever-so-humble but outspoken opinion, the only reason a giga exists is for the sake of feeding the thrill enthusiasts' desire for ever-increasing height and speed. But then after they've had their fill and get bored, they crave more...something even higher and faster. At what point does it become enough? Read my previous post. At what height and speed would a coaster need to be for it to satisfy you? And what happens when you get bored with it, but there are no other higher and faster coasters left to conquer?

That's not only why gigas exist, it's the reason amusement parks exist. You act like feeding thrill seekers desires is a bad thing. It's actually the business plan. If you aren't seeking thrills, why go to KI? You can go to the community park and ride the slide and go swimming in the community pool. Feeding thrill seekers desires is what KI is. That's why we don't have 6 Racers. How high is high enough? How fast is fast enough? I'm not sure, but we'll let them know when they get there.

Kings Island is a family-oriented park. It's not in the business of always pleasing the thrill junkies who need a bigger, badder, faster coaster to provide their rush for them. If they had been listening to you, don't you think they would have had a full-circuit invert, a floorless, and a giga long before now? Don't you think they would have replaced King Cobra with another world-class standup coaster within a couple of years after removing it? Don't you think they would have built a custom flying coaster, instead of giving us a leftover from Geauga Lake? It took them 20 years....TWENTY YEARS....just to get a steel hyper coaster.

I stand by my thoughts. KI doesn't need a giga. Not now anyway. Sorry my opinion is ruining the party for everyone.

I guess I am still minority. My idea of true family oriented rides are things entire families can enjoy together, and by entire family I am also including the grandparents. So....Antique Cars, Ferris Wheels, Cable Cars....and other stuff KI used to have but lack now.

Mf still has the longest line at cp. More than just enthusiass love it.

A long line doesn't always mean that a coaster is popular... Diamondback can have a long line, but the line moves quickly at least, and I don't recall MF having the greatest of dispatch times if memory serves me right, and don't get me going about Firehawk. >_> That thing just gets downright ridiculous, I don't blame KI there making it a Fast Lane Plus ride.

• Like 1

Karacho looks incredible...but man does Mystery Mine beat the poo out me after multiple rides, even when bracing for the problem spots. Karacho does look much smoother and I am certain that they have these things almost perfected at this point. That layout looks fantastic.

Karacho looks incredible...but man does Mystery Mine beat the poo out me after multiple rides, even when bracing for the problem spots. Karacho does look much smoother and I am certain that they have these things almost perfected at this point. That layout looks fantastic.

The newer Gersh rides have lap bars (not all of them obviously). Did you see the newer restraints? Kind of like Mack's.

^^Dollywood is worth it. Although I'd wait for next year since they took out Adventure Mountain. That was seriously disappointing...I can't believe they ripped it out and didn't just move it.

What is this supposed to be? A food truck? Why?

http://twitpic.com/cvv1th

I'm guessing there's a large demand for food shortly after the fireworks end. However, inside the park, many of the restaurants start going into shut down mode prior to the fireworks, meaning that anyone with the munchies is left to fend for themselves outside the park.

Have you ever see the drive thru lines at Taco Bell & McDonald's around 10:30??? As things worked out, we didn't make time for dinner in the park last wednesday, so when we left around 9:30, we decided it was too late to hit chipotle, which we've done several times in the past after leaving the park, but never that late. We decided to go into McDonald's for a quick bite to eat. When we left, the drive thru line was 2 cars wide, probably 20 cars deep and pretty steady (part of the problem is likely due to the poor service we recieved inside the restaurant which I'm sure trickled out to the drive thru lane, seems like there were a lot of new workers on that shift, probably fresh into summer break.) Pull that thing up to the front of the park around 9:00 and let it sit there serving the masses until the park is done flushing out and they'll make a bunch of money. Smart move, would like to see them incorporate a couple different food trucks. The good news, is that at the end of the night they can be driven back into storage/cleanup-prep for the next day, which will take away from the tacky look they provide when guests are arriving at the park.

• Like 1