Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

^I saw you while working. You never came up close to the Banshee ride photos, though...

I didn't know you worked at Banshee's photo area. I don't think I know what you look like, so I'm sure I saw you but never even realized it was you.

2. Ohiocolts, were you at the park today? I know we've never met but I've seens pictures of you on here andI swear I saw you. Were you wearing a purple Coasting For Kids shirt? If that was you, then around 3 pm you walked right next to my parents and I eating under the shaded area in Action Zone.

Yes, that was me!

Awesome! I thought it was.

• Like 1

Two random what we're they questions. Next to the old Flight Commander is what appears is an old covered queue house, was this FC's queue? If so, I thought the entrance was on the Dinosaurs Alive side and not the arcade side. How did that work?

Second question is in Planet Snoopy. Between the Boo Blasters and the kiddie coaster is a flat covered pad with a side walk that now ends in grass. What was that for?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Two random what we're they questions. Next to the old Flight Commander is what appears is an old covered queue house, was this FC's queue? If so, I thought the entrance was on the Dinosaurs Alive side and not the arcade side. How did that work?

Second question is in Planet Snoopy. Between the Boo Blasters and the kiddie coaster is a flat covered pad with a side walk that now ends in grass. What was that for?

For part one that is FC old queue house. To ride that ride you went up through the center of the ride platform via a staircase that has been filled in with concrete. The current "entrance" is actually the old ride exit for FC.

For the other concrete pad I would need more of a location description. It might be a photo op location where a Flintstone car was located. I can't be certain without more info.

• Like 2

On Friday I noticed Shake, Rattle and Roll was closed. Is it just like that for maintanaince or will it get, "Torned down", as my mother says.

We don't know, even if we did, we wouldn't tell.

Hey all,

It has been a couple of years since I've managed to make it to KI. I've looked around a few of the wait times threads, but just wondered if some of you who go more frequently might be able to give me an idea how crowded things might be this Friday (June 20). That's the day we're going to be able to go, regardless, but just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Thanks!

Thanks. I figured it would be picking up by that point in time now that all the schools are out.

This is the day we can go, so we'll just deal with whatever the crowds and weather give us. I'm just hoping to get there and hit Banshee then maybe FoF or Diamondback, then we'll take it as it comes. We're going to have a 2 year old and 4 year old with us so I'm sure we'll spend quite a bit of time in Planet Snoopy. We'll definitely make use of the parent swap pass.

If things work out I might try to hit up a few rides later in the day like The Bat, Invertigo, Adventure Express, etc, but I really want to try to at least do The Vortex and The Beast at some point later in the day. I grew up on those 2 coasters and a day at KI isn't complete without them!

• Like 3

I'm ashamed to say it's been years since I've been to a park and i'm a roller coaster junkie. But now that I live so close to KI I cannot wait to go. I'm concerned about wait times as well, at first I was set to buy the fast passes since we are going July 26th the day after our wedding, which is a Saturday, but now that we've decided to get platinum passes I'm thinking that would be a waste of money. Hopefully we will have many opportunities to go to KI the rest of the summer. We are also going to Cedar Point the first week of August as part of our honeymoon and Dollywood, so at least I will get my share of rides this year.

• Like 1

I was there last Friday from 2:30-10 and I didn't have any wait above 30 mins. A lot of ride ops were commenting on how light the park seemed. Banshee was 15 min, DB, FOF and FH were all 30, Beast was about 20-25. The rest were 15 min or less. I was actually on WindSeeker when it closed as we were about to ascend due to wind about 6 PM. (I was told by a supervisor there that too much wind causes the vehicles to bump together, but isn't that what the shock absorbers they added 2 seasons ago were designed to prevent?). It briefly reopened about 9:30 but I didn't see it ascend past 9:45.

• Like 1

For part one that is FC old queue house. To ride that ride you went up through the center of the ride platform via a staircase that has been filled in with concrete. The current "entrance" is actually the old ride exit for FC.

For the other concrete pad I would need more of a location description. It might be a photo op location where a Flintstone car was located. I can't be certain without more info.

ba8aqyny.jpg

Located between BBOBH and the pumpkin coaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: Added

So we arrived right before the storm with the plan to eat dinner in the Festhaus and watch the Boy Band show.... It was deafening in there. So much so, that we turned right around and went to Skyline around the corner... I would love to watch that show, but if its always that loud in there, no way Jose...

• Like 3

I'm ashamed to say it's been years since I've been to a park and i'm a roller coaster junkie. But now that I live so close to KI I cannot wait to go. I'm concerned about wait times as well, at first I was set to buy the fast passes since we are going July 26th the day after our wedding, which is a Saturday, but now that we've decided to get platinum passes I'm thinking that would be a waste of money. Hopefully we will have many opportunities to go to KI the rest of the summer. We are also going to Cedar Point the first week of August as part of our honeymoon and Dollywood, so at least I will get my share of rides this year.

Fast Lane (Fast Passes are a registered trademark for the Disney offering) can make a busy day a delight. Of course, they do cost mucho dinero, but you gets what you pays for.

• Like 2

I apologize, I meant Fast Lane, since we are going to three parks for our honeymoon it's pretty tough to buy them for all the parks. What I'm trying to base it on is which day of the week we are going....Dollywood will be Tues/Wed, KI on Sat and Cedar Point Mon/Tue, so for sure I think KI is a must and probably Cedar Point as I haven't been there since before they announced Maverick.

I think the right side that leads up to the building is the exit for CarnEvil, and the section on the left was at one point, maybe still is, a smoking section?

Probably is now, but I doubt it being so close to the kiddy area. I was just taken aback by it because if you see in the photo it has a brick wall built around the "pad." Which makes me think it was around the time of the remodel of the area. If you look on the photo there is a break in the bricks closest to us (not just the part that goes with the patch to CarnEvil. This broken part has a sidewalk that ends in the grass....

The best I can sort of figure from looking at old pictures would be similar to this older look, borrowed from the KIC website, see watermark.

HannaBarberaLandEnchantedVoyage%281975%2

The pad is in about the same spot where the queu appears to be.

• Like 1

Yes that's now I'm more thinking what was it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Carnevil entrance and exit is there...this however was once the Enchanted Theater that had Scooby and gang shows. The circular area was simply a resting area outside of the theater and an unofficial smoking area. This area all popped up when the building was converted to Phantom Theater. The Enchanted Theater was well over a third of the current building and as I recall it was at a really odd angle inside...really not much like any other theater in the park.

• Like 3

Thanks. Not going to lie, anti-climatic I was hoping for the Flintstone Car photo op...

I dont ever recall going into the Enchanted Theater back in the day. Thanks Upstop. Now I just want to locate the position of the original Smurf Bench.

Also, where was the Flintstone car? I know it was near the Turnpike ride, but for the life of me I cant remember where that was. Was it near where the kiddy train ride is now?

P.S. Looking at a lot of these photos as a "fade in, fade out" type of slide show was (in my opinion) neat...some of the photos are so close you can see key structures change before your eyes. I TRIED to come up with a way also throw on a slide show version but I couldn't figure that out...so if someone else knows how feel free. :)

EDIT: Hendrick was nice enough to slideshow these photos for me/us! Thanks!!!

aerialb2.gif

And never mind.. Double post... but thanks to Standbyme's most awesome thread... http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/24760-standing-within-3-feet-of-1974/

My answers have been found... Just thought I would post it to show others my crazy

• Like 2