How long DID you wait for Banshee on Opening Day?

BoddaH1994

Banshee roared onto the scene with as much buzz as expected. With thousands of eager coaster lovers lined up on Opening Day, some waited hours for their chance to experience the Banshee scream for themselves. How long did you wait to ride Banshee on Opening Day?

• Like 1

4 1/2 hours- thank goodness my sister fed the group we were in some Chicken Shack chicken before the major part of the line got started, and I drank some water too- both turned out to wise choices as some I heard got sick or passed out due to the agonizing wait.

The ride itself somehow managed to make up for this wait time...when you wait 4 1/2 hours for a ride, and get off thinking "Wow that was actually worth waiting for"...you have an A+ World Class Ride on your hands. Hence...Banshee rocks. :P

• Like 3

Almost 5 hours, counting the downtime. This is despite us getting in line near the end of ERT (we even got there by 11 but it took us close to 30 minutes to get in the gate and figure out where the end of the line was once the gates opened at 11:30). Granted, we weren't planning on such large crowds, but I was still amazed that getting in line right at the end of ERT still gave us that long of a wait.

• Like 1

How did everybody get in front of us?

When the gates opened, people from the back filled in empty space closer to the entrance. Extra "lines" formed, and some large groups standing off to the side pushed their way up front. The lines quickly became one large mob.

Once inside, some tried to run. Luckily, KI posted employees along the path reminding everyone to walk.

• Like 2

3 hours and 15 minutes, including the one-hour downtime. And I don't understand why I had to wait so long when I was among the first 200 or so people at the front gate. How did everybody get in front of us?

That's exactly what our group said. Their was absolutely no way that that many people got in front of us. We were very close to the front of the "mob" at 11:00.

• Like 4

3 hours and 15 minutes, including the one-hour downtime. And I don't understand why I had to wait so long when I was among the first 200 or so people at the front gate. How did everybody get in front of us?

That's exactly what our group said. Their was absolutely no way that that many people got in front of us. We were very close to the front of the "mob" at 11:00.

Same thing with my group of friends. We were pretty close up front in the mob and still ended up waiting almost 3 hours in line to ride.

2 hours. Waited until around 7:30 PM to get in line. We got off by 9:40 and were able to get our stuff from my locker minutes before the rental expired and head to The Beast. We got in line for The Beast at 9:59 and were able to enjoy the last train of the night.

I don't compromise my night rides. I get night rides on both Beast and Banshee because that's how I roll.

• Like 4