Run and Ride- Sept. 26-28th

Skyrider

Kings Island is having their inaugural Run & Ride event happening the weekend of Sept. 26th-28th. On Friday, Sept. 26th there is a 5K Glow Run and on Sunday Sept. 28th The Banshee 10K run and a Half Marathon. Details can be found on www.visitkingsisland.com to register for any of the runs. If you are not a runner like me, you can also sign-up to help volunteer for the run instead. I am volunteering for the 5K Glow Run and then plan on going around the Haunt that night. Share this with others you know that are runners or anyone else you think would like to volunteer for the runs. It sounds like a cool event and hopefully will grow in attendance each year.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder the Run and Ride is this Sunday Sept. 28th and there is a 5K and Half Marathon. If anyone here is a runner or would want to volunteer it should be a fun time. If interested you can still participate as it is listed under Things to Do tab on www.visitkingsisland.com.

Last night I volunteered with the Glow Run and it was a lot of fun. The runners were all deck out in their GLOW attire and the runners got to run a behind the scenes course around many of the major attractions of the park. I had the cool experience of being by The Beast close by to the first drop and lift hill to the slant going into the final tunnels of the ride. It was cool when the fog machines were turned on as I saw the fog lifting around the base of The Beast. I was stationed close to the 2 mile marker and their was a HUGE hill the runners had to go down and back up before getting to the finish line in Soak City. Some behind the scenes areas are quite hilly which surprised me a bit since the regular part of the park seems mainly flat. It should be great weather on Sunday so come out to Kings Island and run the 5K, Half Marathon, or volunteer. :)

• Like 1