Coaster Dynamix Beast and Diamondback trains

JWAddington

The Diamondback ones were available at the park this past season, but I only recall seeing them in one store and I don't remember which one it was. They might be back next year. Of course, it is also distinctly possible that they won't, especially if the shop that had them was the Thrill Seekers store...

• Like 1

If I had to guess, I think these statix models are being discontinued...or being revamped for a come back at some point in the future.

A few months ago I noticed that Cedar Point had all their models marked down to $15 on their online shop. Only Millennium Force models remain available. Kings Island's site does not have either Diamondback or Beast for sale anymore, even though images of them can be seen on the category pages.

The online sites are not a great indicator because they are often not very updated. However, the price drops seemed very odd unless they are getting rid of them.

Edit: Cedar Fair should really fire whoever manages their web sites and online stores. You can add items to the cart which are out of stock...which is pretty messed up.

• Like 5

And Statix is a registered trademark.

If those models are being discontinued, remaining stock may have been sold to a US liquidator, like Big Lots, or they may even be sent to a park like Aurora's Wildwater Kingdom to be sold. I'd say that as collectibles, remaining stock might be destroyed, but clearing them out at $15 isn't consistent with that.

• Like 1