Two new rides coming to Coney in 2015

CoastersRZ

Check out Coney`s Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/coneyislandpark

Santa came early and brought us TWO NEW RIDES for 2015!! Get ready for fun on a swinging-pendulum thrill ride and kiddie bumper cars!

The new thrill ride swings in a back-and-forth pendulum motion, sending riders in a 360-degree arc, forty feet in the air as the ride carriage spins in a clockwise rotation. And the new kiddie bumper cars will put little ones in the driver's seat for a bumpy, bouncing adventure.
  • Like 5

Well, the Jellystone campgrounds are actually owned by Leisure Systems. Leisure Systems is owned by Park River Corporation. Park River Corporation is the parent company that owns Coney. Park River is owned by the relatives of the late Ronald Walker, who purchased Coney in 1991.

I absolutely love the history of Coney and the early history of Kings Island. One of these days, I should write a book about it all. ;)

• Like 6

Those little pendulum rides really do offer great bang for the buck for a small park. The one at Camden, at least on the day I was there, was one of the only rides with a line, and it was a few cycles' wait before I was able to ride. Especially considering that it's one of the higher capacity thrill rides in the park.

• Like 2

The Rattler.

(And yes, imitation of a Kings Iskand snake and a Texas coaster was probably intentional).

Thanks Terp, guess I could've looked it up...........What makes you think that?

Oldiesmann, I would probably say I rode Camden's Spider a couple hundred times in my life, for some reason, i just really loved that ride.

General speculation (just between me, some friends and some GP that I have spoken with) is, one, or more bolts come loose.

It's just, not the place it seemed to be in my youth

• 2 weeks later...

Camden Park has other thrill rides? B)

Sure! They have a coaster so thrilling that the back seat of the train won't even ride it!

I do have to admit, walking into the station and seeing an entire seat and lap bar missing from the train did not exactly give me the warm fuzzies about riding...

• Like 2

At least one poster here has ridden that seat many hundreds of times. Can you say back seat of Tornado at Stricker's Grove x about 3?

Years ago, they ran two trains on that ride. Manually controlled. It was always...amazing. Dispatches were swift and smooth. And I never saw an operator back then under an age I perceived as 70--but was probably more like a hard lived 55+.

• Like 4