NJFTP--Holiday in the park.

I'm interested to see how this will work out weather-wise. I mean, running Houdini and Dark Knight* make sense, but running Batman and Nitro? I rode Banshee and Delirium on a cold rainy Haunt night and they were both cold, cold rides!

*EDIT: and Skull Mounta.. er, Poinsetta Peak

• Like 5

Goodness ain't no shortness of rides like Winterfest had. That was one of the complaints I heard at Carowinds..."why ain't ___ open?" Carowinds kept a small handful of rides ready for Winterfest but never had the crowds to open them. I think Goldrusher, Peanuts Pirates, Crabbie Cabbie and Whirlybirds were on the list. Woodstock Express had it's trains left on the track but I think they decided it was too cold.

• Like 5

At least at Busch Gardens' Christmastown, I was told that B&M coasters are clear to run when the temperature will be 40 degrees or higher. The first year I went to Christmastown, Griffon was the only coaster slated to open, though it didn't on any of my three days. Now, Verbolten is their Christmastown coaster, allegedly because Zierer gives the green light for as low as 35 degrees.

In New Jersey, I would expect that the manufacturer's recommendations must be followed? If that's the case, maybe Nitro won't open as often as expected.

At least for me, the "Things To Do" page for Holiday in the Park comes up as a 404 error. https://holiday.sixflags.com/things-to-do

• Like 3

I was there yesterday. I never expected them to decorate the park as nicely as they did. It was amazing to walk through the park at night and see lights everywhere.

It was in the upper 30's when I left the park and the coasters were still running. I hope the event is a success as it is nice to have the offseason go from almost 5 months to under 3 months.

• Like 7

In the spring it has been open in the cold. Sunday of opening weekend 2010 when they opened in March it was around 40. The ride operators warned us it was freezing at the top of the tower. I waited an extra train for the front and being launched that fast into the cold hurt my face a little and the rest of the ride wasn't too bad. They even had the log flume running that day. Because the coin operated sprayers were off you don't really get much water on you from the drops although few people were riding.

• Like 5