Kings Island Trip Report 5/27/16--of Breakdowns, Birthdays and Fireworks

KIghostguy

I arrived at Kings Island with my family and my cousins at about 4:00 p.m. We headed straight to Banshee. The wait was about a half hour, but the line moved fast. Nothing new to report-still as fantastic as always. My cousins wanted to ride Invertigo, but I'm a chicken so me and my aunt rode the front seat on Banshee! Wait was about as long as before, and I think it's my personal favorite ride I've ever taken on Banshee. We met back up after this and rode Adventure Express. Wait was about 15-20 minutes. The Tiki at the very end of the tunnel pouring the lava on you was actually looking the best he had looked in a while. The lava was very well lit and seemed to be flickering. The past few years there was really no lighting on it. Next was Racer. Wait was about 15 minutes. Nothing to report. Zephyr had a 5-10 minute wait (nothing new) and then we headed to Firehawk.

It was just my two cousins and my brother in addition to me. The wait seemed to be about 40 minutes. The ride itself was great. Some paint was scratched off, so you could see the original green Geauga Lake paint job. We sat in the back seat. As the train was pulling back into the station and we were on our backs, the ride broke down. Because we were last, most of us was sticking out the back of the station. The employees told us that they were experiencing "technical difficulties" and that the ride had broken down. So there we were, strapped in a ridiculously uncomfortable position with the sun brightly shining in my eyes. We were like this for at least 40 minutes. The employees kept on asking us how we were doing. Eventually, they had to manually push the train into the station. The employees unlocked our harnesses (we were still laying down) and we exited. The employees had free bottled water and free LaRosa's pizza at the exit for everyone who had been stuck. They also gave everyone free passes for you to either enter the ride's exit or use the Fast Lane for free! While my family was chowing down on our pizza, one of the supervisors apparently heard my family talking about my brother, whose birthday is this weekend. They came over and asked him if he would like to set the fireworks off that night! They also told us that they had a dinner party up in the International Restaurant! I had never been up there before and since I love researching the park's ghost stories, you can imagine how excited I was! We rode WindSeeker (10 minute wait) and then used our pass to enter the Fast Lane of The Beast. We were able to bypass what looked like an hour long line and get right on. The ride was great! Then, we made our way down International Street and to the International Restaurant! I didn't have much because I was so stuffed from the pizza before, but I had a few breadsticks and a small pizza slice. Then "Dr. Sparkles" led us down to the front of the Royal Fountain. He introduced my brother, and then little brother pushed the button, signaling the start of the fireworks. We went back up to the restaurant and watched the show from the large windows. After we left the park, marking the end to a memorable evening.

• Like 8