Food and Drink Prices

Kman6

The only amusement park I have been to get a meal for a good price at is Tweetsie Railroad. I fe(e?)d me, and my at the time pregnant wife(5 months then) for a little more than 15 dollars. I almost made myself sick because it was so good, and one BBQ plate had more than enough for two people.

Guest kwindshawne
The only amusement park I have been to get a meal for a good price at is Tweetsie Railroad. I fe(e?)d me, and my at the time pregnant wife(5 months then) for a little more than 15 dollars. I almost made myself sick because it was so good, and one BBQ plate had more than enough for two people.

When I went to Knotts in 2000, they were still doing the bbq chicken-it wasn't the best in the world, but it far surpasses anything KI has to offer

my $0.05..... i don't want to lock horns in this discussion; but I know it is NOT all the same, but having spent some extended time in Nashville..... it's ALL "Coke" - almost like many people ask for a "Kleenex" as opposed to a tissue even though there is only "Puffs" available.... or can "you go "Xerox" this for me?...." Coke has acheived "generic" term status.

In Nashville and many places in the south you have to specify which kind of "Coke" you want.... "Do you want a 7-Up Coke, Dr. Pepper Coke, or Red Coke?"..... uh, I'd like a Coke Coke please.

Cypress Gardens has some great food prices...truly an amazing place...I don't know how many people here have been there, but stunning!

Last time that I was at Disney and Universal we bought the meal plan, which was awesome. For 30 dollars a person per day, you could go anywhere in the park and eat a meal, as many times as you wanted. I probably ate 5 and a half meals that day!

You do realize that the former owner of Cypress Gardens went under, and the park is now under new management. I have no idea if the food or the food prices have changed since, but it wouldn't surprise me. . . .

The new owners of Florida's venerable Cypress Gardens rang in the New Year by booting former owner and interim manager Kent Buescher out. In an announcement yesterday, park officials introduced Steve Baker, head of the park consulting company, Baker Leisure Group, as Cypress Gardens' new manager. Baker says that he plans to increase the number of staff members at the park and focus on delivering a better guest experience. Buescher had a roller-coaster experience at Cypress Gardens. After years of declining attendance, the aging park closed in 2003. Buescher, who at the time owned the Wild Adventures theme park in Georgia, purchased Cypress Gardens in 2004, infused it with water park and amusement park rides, and reopened it in 2005. A series of hurricanes that pummeled the property before it reopened, however, left him and his reinvigorated park in debt. While attendance shot up, Buescher was never able to overcome his financial problems, and the park changed hands in 2007. (He lost Wild Adventures as well.) He continued to manage to park after the sale. It's a sad ending for Buescher. He is to be commended for his vision and persistence in saving Cypress Gardens from the wrecking ball (and likely conversion to yet another Florida mega-condo project). Under his watch, the park's lovely gardens flourished. And if the amusement park rides he brought in were mostly of the traveling carnival variety and done on the cheap, he did get the turnstiles clicking, and he did resurrect the classic Starliner wood coaster. Thanks to Buescher, Cypress Gardens' new owners have a diamond in the rough.

from: http://themeparks.about.com/b/2008/01/03/n...ess-gardens.htm

Woofer, it must be something about crossing the Mason-Dixon line and heading south.

in Atlanta do they use the phrase- "can I carry 'ya' somewhere?" as opposed to something like "do you need a ride somewhere?"

I remember trying to order a Coke at a restaurant in Nashville. simply asked for a Coke. the response.... "OK, what kind of Coke do you want?" I'm thinking they meant: diet, cherry, caffeine free, etc... so i respond "just regular." They proceed to ask if I meant "Sprite, Rootbeer, etc..."

Woofer, it must be something about crossing the Mason-Dixon line and heading south.

in Atlanta do they use the phrase- "can I carry 'ya' somewhere?" as opposed to something like "do you need a ride somewhere?"

I remember trying to order a Coke at a restaurant in Nashville. simply asked for a Coke. the response.... "OK, what kind of Coke do you want?" I'm thinking they meant: diet, cherry, caffeine free, etc... so i respond "just regular." They proceed to ask if I meant "Sprite, Rootbeer, etc..."

I'm Fixin to tell ya how it is. <G>

Coke can be anything, such as Sprite, Root Beer, Pepsi (if Pepsi Could be Found Within The city of Atlanta), Mountain Dew or even Sweet Tea.

Coke is generic for drink.

Anyone that stays (lives) in the South has an understandin of this.

yep, and ain't no one in the north know how to properly make sweet tea.

It's a Yankee problem.

No one's ever learned em right.

When my step-dad comes down and visits he always order's tea. Always gets sweet tea and don't like it.

Ahhhhh, Yankee.

<G>

Someone page me?

--Terpy, happy always in a Jersey diner eating hard rolls, pork roll and heading off to a great adventure...and hitting SFOG first just for the contrast of it all!

• 7 years later...