Welcome to Kings Island Central Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Son Of Beast being dismantled?!?!

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

benred23

benred23

KIC Junky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I was at the park on Saturday, May 22nd with my brother in Law who went up the eiffel tower to get a birds eye view of things. I did go but I wish I would have.. he told me at the end of the night, "So there dismantling Son of Beast huh?" I was like, What?! Now, I cant confirm this because I didnt see it for myself, But He said that There are areas within Son of Beast that Looks like all that are left are the footers and Parts of the ride are Incomplete. Has anyone else seen this or can they confirm it? Im actually goin to KI tomorrow morning and Am gonna head up the eiffel tower to get a look for myself, But I was wandering if anyone else went this weekend and noticed anything?

Beast1979

Beast1979

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts
I was there today and I didn't see anything, however, I was only there from the midway. I won't believe anything until I see pictures.

benred23

benred23

KIC Junky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
When I go tomorrow, if I see anything at all, Ill be sure to Post.. This would be devastating for me because of My Support of this coaster. I hope it isnt true..

HTCO

HTCO

"Meow"

• Members
  • 3,377 posts
He could just be messing with you?

EssentiallyCoaster

EssentiallyCoaster

KIC Junky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
When I was in line for the go karts with my friends, I saw some of the track sections on the tall hill appear to be gone. It looks like a rail road track instead of the rest of it.

IslandAddict

IslandAddict

KIC Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hmm... interesting. I must be kept updated. Posted Image

Dbfan

Dbfan

KIC Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
Hopefully this doesnt spell the end for a previously great coaster.

HTCO

HTCO

"Meow"

• Members
  • 3,377 posts
Thats it. I need to take my camera tomorrow and go see for myself if anything is up.

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 46,962 posts

I don't see what this has to do with Screechin' Eagle or the Big Dipper at Geauga Lake...

Thats it. I need to take my camera tomorrow and go see for myself if anything is up.

Or not up, as the case may be....

Terpy, running for the door....

HTCO

HTCO

"Meow"

• Members
  • 3,377 posts

I don't see what this has to do with Screechin' Eagle or the Big Dipper at Geauga Lake...

Have I ever told you how funny you are Terpy! :lol:

windshawne

windshawne

KIC Star Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Very interesting Posted Image

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 46,962 posts
Sometimes what is not said is more important than what is...

Now where *did* I put that park map, anyway....

Terp, who neither confirms nor denies any rumor before it's time....and who notes that some GCI rides in China look like they could be on US terrain...

thunderbeast1968

thunderbeast1968

KIC Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
I hope not, SOB I believe was not that bad of a coaster. Now, I do understand that there was many problems with the coaster itself, like repair problems, and maybe structural problems. I hope Cedar Fair weighs all options before moving to tearing down or fixing that darn thing.

The way things look the Texas Giant rehab seems to be going well(Maybe a SOB solution) Is the I-beam(Red) track, going to remain that color or will they match it up a little better? I have also heard The Rattler may get the same overhaul too.

Beast1979

Beast1979

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,648 posts
Pay no attention to the person behind the curtain! He'll say anything to stir up excitement! :P

In all seriousness, I still find myself skeptical, however, this would not surprise me. It is way to early, though, to talk about replacements. And come on, Terpy, please don't pull us into the GCI mess of February! ;D

Colonel_SoB_fan

Colonel_SoB_fan

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,860 posts
I rode AE, FD, Diamondback, Drop Tower tonight and saw SOB still in tact. Now I did NOT see all of SOB, but what I could see from those different angles it was still intact.

Yes I look at SOB from DB lift hill.

CincyMan98

CincyMan98

KIC Double Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
I think they would tell us before anything would happen. Then again, when have we ever relied on the PR for telling us things?

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 46,962 posts
I don't know. Is it 5 o'clock yet?

CincyMan98

CincyMan98

• Members
  • 2,129 posts
No, it's not 5 o'clock, but it's almost 5 hours after it............

Coney Islander

Coney Islander

• Members
  • 2,104 posts
^
You have to read between the lines... (I actually understand this one!)

Colonel_SoB_fan

Colonel_SoB_fan

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,860 posts
http://kyle-throughm...t-update-1.html

I found this interesting. Is all of this true like the testing in September?

Guest_IceCream329_*

Guest_IceCream329_*
  • Guests
Posted Image

Beast1979

Beast1979

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,648 posts
Wait a sec. Why in the name of Stengel would the park be telling us? Remember, this is the park that said nothing when they closed it, said nothing when they got rid of the sign, removed it from the map, and got rid of the box. Why should they tell us that they're removing the darn thing?

Colonel_SoB_fan

Colonel_SoB_fan

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,860 posts
He did not say an employee told him it was being dismantled.

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 46,962 posts
On the other hand, Thunder Road at Carowinds has received major renovation work the past couple of years. The first step in such work, as is the case also with Texas Giant, is the removal of large sections of the ride, down to the ground...then it is rebuilt.

Terp, just sayin'

goodyellowkorn182

goodyellowkorn182

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,609 posts
But without any of the Iron Horse renovations completed, wouldn't you consider it uncharacteristically brash of such a fix to already be implemented? What if the Iron Horse re-makes end up costing far more than orginally anticipated, or don't pay off in customer satisfaction? I can't see an extensive re-do being started yet... Maybe it's just me.

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 46,962 posts
Thunder Road's renovations were of the conventional variety...

Beast1979

Beast1979

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,648 posts

Look y'll I work with the park, and let me tell ya this, ppl on tower are dang liers and crazy, I am personal with most of them so it is nothing bad, but don't believe them, and another thing I can tell you something about Son of Beast that most probably "don't know", it is closed for 2010 season and what happens for future years are yet undecided....there it is.....get over it

Ah ha ha ha ha.

A: If you are a park employee, you aren't allowed to say anything on such things. It'll cost you your job.

B: just because you work at the park does not make you a wealth of knowledge. See also: the dippin dots guy.

Guest_IceCream329_*

Guest_IceCream329_*
  • Guests
Posted Image

thekidd33

thekidd33

KIC Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
^^Hey now! The Dippin' Dots guy is a wealth of valuable info! The park runs all their major decisions through him first. :rolleyes:

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 46,962 posts
Must make things difficult at Holiday World...where Mini-Melts are sold instead.

No Dippin' Dots guys or gals to spread the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users