Welcome to Kings Island Central Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Music in the mud? Not with this Grass

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CoastersRZ

CoastersRZ

Coney Island Central Admin.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,437 posts
I know this isn`t technically Coney Island related. But Riverbend Music Center is right next door, and Riverbend concession employees are technically Coney Island employees (as are the parking employees that staff Coney`s lots on concert nights. I actually knew they were doing this since early January.

http://news.cincinna.../NEWS/303020017

I did not know that Riverbend was one of the top outdoor ampitheaters in the country!

Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,544 posts
Glad to hear they've improved things out there. Now if they can find a way to better cool the pavilion on hot summer nights...

CoastersRZ

CoastersRZ

Coney Island Central Admin.

• Admin
  • 10,437 posts
I personally have never even gone to a concert at Riverbend. I`ve heard more than my fair share of music from there over the years working at Coney. Its always interesting to see the crowds of people that some of the concerts attract. I have many stories I can share about people going to concerts from my years of working at Coney.

westcoaster

westcoaster

KIC Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
Riverbend @ Coney, is a special concert venue, one of the best in the nations (besides flooding), I've watched a few great concerts there.
Its neat they are the first amphitheatre to do the artificial grass.
We shall see how it holds out.
Good for Riverbend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users