Welcome to Kings Island Central Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 2012 ERT Poll

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think... (48 member(s) have cast votes)

...about the 2012 ERT lineup?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

No Beast...your reaction?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

McSalsa

McSalsa

KIC Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
Someone already mentioned this in the "crowds" topic, but I felt this deserved its own topic...oh heck, let's make a poll! ;)

Kings Island has revealed the "expanded" lineup of rides for Gold Passholder ERT. It's a long list.

Early rides include: Diamondback, Invertigo, Eiffel Tower, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Woodstock Whirlybirds, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, Linus’ Launcher, Great Pumpkin Coaster, Charlie Brown’s Wind Up and Surf Dog.

Sadly, a ride that has been ERT for many years now, and in fact is my favorite ride in the park, is no longer on that list...Beast ERT is no more. (A second poll has been added to see the reaction to this) I do like the fact they are giving the kids more rides, though.

What do you think about this "new" ERT lineup?

jdawg1998

jdawg1998

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts
So, they add Planet Snoopy rides to the ERT? I was so excited to see what they would add. And they add Planet Snoopy RIDES? Also, Invertigo? My weekly plan is always go to Diamondback then go to Beast. Now I would have to walk to the other side of the park to ride something else? This is crap! The point of ERTs is to get onto the major rides at Kings Island before crowds get here. Now it's Planet Snoopy and Invertigo? Say what?

(if I had waited until tomorrow to post this it I wouldn't have yelled but now I have to get it out of my system).

flightoffear1996

flightoffear1996

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 7,623 posts
Why not invert ago and Drop Tower the two lowest capacity rides in the park? I can see adding some of the kid stuff in there since those lines can get fairly long as well.

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 48,085 posts
For many years, the before opening ERT rides consisted of.

Then, a to ride Beast, for ACE members was started by the one, the only, the wonderful and incomparable Ruth Voss.

Then Cedar Fair took over and opened the walkback to all coaster club members.

Then, ERT for gold and platinum passholders was added.

It's nice that Cedar Fair does this. Compare Six Flags or even Holiday World. Then, come on, get happy!

beastrider97

beastrider97

KIC Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
I wish the lineup was more along the lines of Cedar Point's. Firehawk has always been a ride that should be open for ERT as it is possibly the longest line at the park most days. While I can understand the reasoning of not opening up the whole park to visitors at once, Cedar Point does it, and from what I know it causes little problems. If DB, Beast, Invertigo, FOF, and Firehawk were all open for ERT, it would be fantastic.

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 48,085 posts
What Cedar Point did under Kinzel may not be what it does in 2012. Mr. Kinzel may run Carowinds (offspring), but the patriarch is no longer in charge at Sandusky.

jdawg1998

jdawg1998

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,642 posts
I've cooled down now and I'm now thinking about the positive...they could have taken off Diamondback but at least they kept it. It's just that Invertigo isn't really a favorite ride of mine and it's not one I have to ride when I go to Kings Island for a day. Oh well. Guess I'll go ride Flying Ace Aerial Chase.

exscream team

exscream team

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
Looks like the ERTs are pointing more towards family fun like they said they were going to do.

jdawg1998

jdawg1998

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,642 posts

Looks like the ERTs are pointing more towards family fun like they said they were going to do.

If they pointed towards family fun they would add rides like The Racer or Adventure Express.

miniracer

miniracer

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I think it would be nice if the ERT ride list matched the Fast Lane list.

ohiocolts

ohiocolts

KIC Double Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Someone already mentioned this in the "crowds" topic, but I felt this deserved its own topic...oh heck, let's make a poll! ;)

Kings Island has revealed the "expanded" lineup of rides for Gold Passholder ERT. It's a long list.

Early rides include: Diamondback, Invertigo, Eiffel Tower, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Woodstock Whirlybirds, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, Linus’ Launcher, Great Pumpkin Coaster, Charlie Brown’s Wind Up and Surf Dog.

Sadly, a ride that has been ERT for many years now, and in fact is my favorite ride in the park, is no longer on that list...Beast ERT is no more. (A second poll has been added to see the reaction to this) I do like the fact they are giving the kids more rides, though.

What do you think about this "new" ERT lineup?

That was me who mentioned it, thank you. Overall I'm ok with the ERT rides I still get Diamondback and I like Invertigo just before, the little 5 year olds had nothing to do, now they can do something.

Guest_TombraiderTy_*

Guest_TombraiderTy_*
  • Guests

If they pointed towards family fun they would add rides like The Racer or Adventure Express.

Both of those have 48" height requirements (same as The Beast), omitting quite a few from the "family fun". The current list of attractions has two 54" rides, two 44" rides, a 42" ride, two 36" rides, and three attractions anyone can ride. That's much more family oriented than before (a 48" and 54" ride).

kingsrattler

kingsrattler

KIC Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
I'm pretty excited that Surf Dog is on ERT
  • SpongeBob likes this

TTD-120-420

TTD-120-420

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 4,111 posts
I will miss The Beast.

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 48,085 posts

I will miss The Beast.

Stay after 10 a.m.!

As for the progeny....
  • kingsrattler and KIRideWarrior like this

kingsrattler

kingsrattler

KIC Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
With more park open, not only will it open more rides, but it will allow us to be closer to other rides that open at 10. So while, for example, Firehawk is not open, with access to Action Zone, you can be closer to it.

lebeau

lebeau

KIC Local

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
I'm thrilled with the PS rides! I have never taken advantage of ERTs before because there was nothing my kids could ride. But we'll definitely use them a lot this summer!

Great move and hopefully an indication of where KI is headed in the future. More family stuff!

MarketingExpress

MarketingExpress

KIC Star Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Didn't the park put the kabosh on Beast ERT last year and replaced it with WS & Vortex?

jcgoble3

jcgoble3

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 7,459 posts
When WS first opened, yes. Then Vortex's lift chain snapped, and ERT went back to DB/Beast.

Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

KIC Superstar

• Members
  • 3,663 posts
They were also having trouble getting WS open in time for ERT, at least after it first opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users