Welcome to Kings Island Central Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

diamondbacks seats

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Dustin

Dustin

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
So I rode Diamondback once today was way tighter than I remember last year look two ride ops tolock me in next ride I have up because it wouldn't go are there statistically seat that are know to be smaller

RollerCoasterRoyalty

RollerCoasterRoyalty

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
I have only ridden in front car and back car so I am not sure if there are any differences. Question offtopic. How is the crowd today? Let us know. I am coming up tomorrow and Sunday and want to get an idea.

Dustin

Dustin

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
As of now itsnot bad but its cloudy try to keep everyone updated

HTCO

HTCO

"Meow"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
I don't really know what your asking, due to the wild and incorrect grammar. However, Diamondback has a policy of three clicks. It's the same on all the restraints and it's been that way since 2009. The train won't be allowed to dispatch unless all the restraints are below 3 clicks. Were ride ops rude to you today?

Dustin

Dustin

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
Nope perfectly friendly

HTCO

HTCO

"Meow"

• Members
  • 3,375 posts
Awesome! I'm glad.

Dustin

Dustin

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
I also just had a problem on fof wasn't able to ride fof i was in the front of a car is it just me or does the front seats have less room I guess todays not my day but ill keep trying only had to wait 10 miniets

jrose530

jrose530

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

I also just had a problem on fof wasn't able to ride fof i was in the front of a car is it just me or does the front seats have less room I guess todays not my day but ill keep trying only had to wait 10 miniets

I have always had problems with the front car to. I just sit in the back now! :)
But I feel like there is a big difference in size between the front and back

Dustin

Dustin

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
Thanks atleast I know im not goin crazy. And i hope i havent got that fat since october. I know a lot of rides arent made for taller people.

TombRaiderFTW

TombRaiderFTW

KIC Double Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

I don't really know what your asking, due to the wild and incorrect grammar.

Oh, the irony. ;)

FTW, not intentionally making these grammar-critiquing posts lately...
  • The Interpreter, HTCO and coasterfanatic2012 like this

Dustin

Dustin

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
Sorry I'm walking and typing my phones autocorrect sucks

Dustin

Dustin

KIC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
Barely to tall for Drop Tower wouldn't latch this was was a lot more fun as a kid hopefully I'm good from here on out

Joncars05

Joncars05

KIC Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
I thought the restraints were tighter this year (and I'm a little guy 5'11", 160lbs) But how about the vibrations of the trains this year... They really kick in around the hammerhead and dont stop until the helix. I felt the vibrations on both the green and red trains (I didn't ride the brown one). Both rides were on the back car of the train. Last row/ and second to last row.

cholderfield

cholderfield

KIC Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
It didn't seem bad at all to me today, I rode in the last seat, front seat, and I believe the 4th row. I felt some vibrations, but I can't really say that they are "worse" than they were when the ride opened. Is it normal for that to happen after a few years, and if so can anything be done by the park to stop it from happening?

Dieseltech20

Dieseltech20

KIC Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
Odd, when my wife tried the test seat on opening day she was told she needed 2 clicks to ride.

HTCO

HTCO

"Meow"

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

Odd, when my wife tried the test seat on opening day she was told she needed 2 clicks to ride.

Lots of new people on the crew this year. Just an observation.

KI FANATIC 37

KI FANATIC 37

KIC Double Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

I thought the restraints were tighter this year (and I'm a little guy 5'11", 160lbs) But how about the vibrations of the trains this year... They really kick in around the hammerhead and dont stop until the helix. I felt the vibrations on both the green and red trains (I didn't ride the brown one). Both rides were on the back car of the train. Last row/ and second to last row.

They probably need to tighten the wheels more.

Could it be possible that they didnt tighten them enough when they were placed in the tracts this season?

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

KIC Triple Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
The Diamondback vibration seems better to me this year than last, though it's definitely there.

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

The Interpreter

• Members
  • 44,819 posts
But see Goliath, Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, etc.

Strange. No vibrations there....

74Gibson

74Gibson

KIC Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
I wonder if they stand on better footing(s)...

jbt

jbt

KIC Local

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
I panicked a bit when I felt like I wasn't fitting into FoF. Nobody wants to wait an hour for a ride to not fit... and I definitely fit last season, ha! When I finally got in and closed the lapbar, I told the ride op it was smashing my foot. He said it was due to the wheel. I guess I just never happened to sit in a seat with the wheel hump before.

Also, my friend had told me how ridiculous the audio loop is during unload. I finally paid attention and got a good laugh from the "re-branding effort".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users