5-22-13 Kings Island (school trip)

fanofFirehawk

This is a little late, but now that school is out, I'm going to have some more time to do this kind of stuff, and go to Kings Island!!!!

After a long boring bus ride, we arrived at Kings Island, and no matter how many times you come to this place if never gets old, seeing the all of the rides on the horizon just awaiting for the park goers to climb in to the seats and just… have… fun.

We entered the park around 9:30, but I had to wait with all of the other students, but i enjoyed watching them take in the majesty of just the beginning of this fresh (to them) environment around them. But after like 20 minutes they played the national anthem, which one of friends believed to be the russian national anthem(remember this).

They opened the gates and we all streamed in we ran all the way to Diamondback, which apparently isn't going anywhere. We speedily rushed through the queue, and up into the station. We stepped into the gates for the second to last row, along with my friend logan (who's this was his first roller coaster). We began our assent up the hill, I look at my anxious friend as he nervously whipped his sweaty hand on his pants. As we began to crest the hill, he held on for dear life, we began to plumet.

As we came out of first drop, with my hand high in the air and looked over, logan was smiling, the largest grin I'd ever seen on his face before. He screamed RUSSIA !!! (jack said "i can see russia from here" on the way up) and we all scream russia in unison throughout the entire ride.

After Diamondback two more times (still chanting "Russia" every time) we rode The Beast two times. they all seem to like it. After that they all wanted to ride The Vortex, but no way we hit up backlot real quick, not bad, but it wasn't there favorite. We then rode Vortex, I made specific that we were sit in the infamous 5-1 and we began out accent, with logan tell mouthing (or it was to me) "this is LOAD", and I nodded in agreement, as we hit the top of the hill, I screamed "here we GO!!!", and logan began to scream, i then laughed at him as we hit the pre drop. He then screamed for real.

We got off, rubbing our necks, trying to keep out heads attached. We then set off for X-base...

We journeyed to subsection of coney mall in witch I adore. Though Jack and Kieran didn't want to ride Firehawk, cause apparently it causes pancreatic cancer, but I managed to get them to agree that logan needs to try it ( Cause that is reason *roles eyes ). After waiting in the longest line all day (like 12 minutes), and Logan saying this is a long line, we then beat him up. After riding Firehawk, we all seemed to like it (me loving it!), Logan loving it for the first time, Jack and Kieran admitting it was ALOT better then they remember it.

We then rode Flight of Fear they really like the whole theme aspect of the ride, and they LOVED it, the launch, the flips, the turns. They just loved it. We then rode The Racer they liked it. After the always wonderful ride on The Racer we rode Flightdeck, but on the way i peaked through the fence. and friends apparently thought that was insane(I don't know). They really like flight deck, and as always with new flight deck goers I scare them as the other train pulls in the station, and the our train slows down, but it didn't have the same affect with Jack chanting " role back" "role back" the entire ride.

After another ride not getting out of the cars, we decided to ride Invertigo then eat lunch, but instead we rode Drop Tower twice (again not having to get out of the seats). We eat lunch by Invertigo, then we rode (not logan) Invertigo twice( not having to get out of the seats ). We then ran to Delirium and waited outside the entrance because it apparently was down, but it opened up fast and we hopped on for a relaxing ride of Delirium.

For the next hour and a half we rode Diamondback 11 more times. And it really doesn't get old, but we had to begin to leave at four, but we, at least sneaked one more ride on The Beast and set off back to International Street. And as we left I wasn't sad about leaving, but was just happy to have spent a (school) day here in the most wounded place on earth with my closest friends.

• Like 7