KI says they have 14 roller coasters, I counted 13? what am I missing

shawnofthedead

I called them today and they said" Kings Island home of 14 roller coasters" I Then went online and counted and only got 13? these are the ones I counted

#1 The Beast

#2 Firehawk

#3 Diamondback

#4 Flight of Fear

#5 Invertigo

#6 The Racer

#7 Vortex

#8 Flight Deck

#9 Backlot Stunt Coaster

#10 Adventure Express

#11 Flying Ace Aerial Chase

#12 The Great Pumpkin Coaster

#13 Woodstock Express

what am i over looking?

They count The Racer as two coasters. The do not count Surf Dog.

On the contrary, I remember a couple years ago, while waiting out a rain delay in Diamondback's station and listening to trivia questions from the girl on the mic, that one of answers was that the park considers Surf Dog a coaster. I don't recall the exact question, but I distinctly remember that specific answer.

Guest KingsIslandPR

They do not count Racer as two.

And they do count Surf Dog.

And Wikipedia is not an authoritative source on this matter. Maybe if jcgoble3 edited the page...

Three-for-three!

• Like 14

The main editors of the Kings Island article on Wikipedia currently consider The Racer to be one coaster and Surf Dog to not be a coaster at all in coming up with the count. If you disagree (I do on The Racer) and care enough to do something about it (I don't), start a new thread here to discuss it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Kings_Island . If you can point to a secondary source like a newspaper article from within the last couple of years that cites the number of coasters, that would improve your chances of getting it changed. Again, I don't care about it enough to argue that it should be 14, since 13 is correct from a certain point of view.

Where does KI say they have 14 coasters? Cause everywhere says 13, Surf Dog isn't a coaster because it is mostly powered, so racer would have to be counted twice.

Someone needs to read the entire thread before posting. Especially the first sentence of the first post and the post by KingsIslandPR.

• Like 2

To also add to this debate, did anyone read the KI e-newsletter that came out yesterday? It was talking about Planet Snoopy's Golden Tickets and had this in the article..

Planet Snoopy features an elaborate collection of PEANUTS-themed attractions for every age, including four roller coasters!
  • Like 1

Where does KI say they have 14 coasters? Cause everywhere says 13, Surf Dog isn't a coaster because it is mostly powered, so racer would have to be counted twice.

When you call them its in their prerecorded message. "Thank you for calling Kings Island home of 14 rollercoasters"