Bring back the Clown Band

stewwill

I really don't see why we need to bring it back. If people want to see performers, go to a show. Don't clog up the paths with it.

Oh UncleHenry you young fuddy duddy live a little and learn to smile while going from ride to ride. The Clown band can help you do that you know. :P

I really don't see why we need to bring it back. If people want to see performers, go to a show. Don't clog up the paths with it.

On that same note, why have shows at all at KI? If someone wants to go to a show, they should go to the Aranoff. Don't leave valuable expansion areas to venues.

If there is anything lacking at KI, it is roaming live performers like the KI Clown band. They provided an unexpected entertainment opportunity and helped make the atmosphere of the park more magical. This was part of what made Winterfest seem magical. They had roaming magicians that helped increase the great atmosphere. Its just ashame that they priced them selves out of the market.

yes...bring back the Klown Band....also..Fred, Barney, Yogi, Quick Draw, Captain Caaaavveeman..and all the other cool characters. Bring back the Eagles...bring back the Bayurn Curve...Bring back the Beer Barrels...Bring back the Enchanted Voyage...Bring back the singing mushrooms...Change Action Zone back to the Africa look...Bring back the Screamin Demon...Bring back Days of Thunder and drop Sponge Bob...Bring back live characters on the train ride...Bring back the slide....Bring back the Antique Cars...Bring back the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family...Bring back Evel Knevel...Bring back the trams....Bring back the Dolphin Show...Bring back the Wonder Bread bakery!!

P.S. Ban Nick Lachey from the park for the WHOLE season

I hear you. But, I've said it before and I'll say it again. As much as I adored the older versions of Kings Island, if somehow the 1972 version were to drop out of the sky and replace what is there in 2008, it would be a colossal DUD.

One of the reasons for all that entertainment and magic was that the park itself (rides and facilities) truly wasn't all that special. Yes, the Eiffel Tower and Royal Fountain were amazing. The twin Racers were unbelievably huge and had fantastic airtime. You see, the world in 1972 was a dramatically different place than today. I doubt the park could make it even a month before it closed...and I'm assuming it charged the prices it did in 1972, but in today's money.

I hear you. But, I've said it before and I'll say it again. As much as I adored the older versions of Kings Island, if somehow the 1972 version were to drop out of the sky and replace what is there in 2008, it would be a colossal DUD.

One of the reasons for all that entertainment and magic was that the park itself (rides and facilities) truly wasn't all that special. Yes, the Eiffel Tower and Royal Fountain were amazing. The twin Racers were unbelievably huge and had fantastic airtime. You see, the world in 1972 was a dramatically different place than today. I doubt the park could make it even a month before it closed...and I'm assuming it charged the prices it did in 1972, but in today's money.

Yes, all things change.

Now when I started at the park, the majority of the food operations were not air conditioned. Yeah, imagine working in the food operations in the heat of summer with no AC. That all changed in the 80's and most were enclosed.

We also had a good number of NCR Manual registers and sipper, ice cream cart and beer carts ran with money belts. That too had passed.

But ya know, those things needed to change.

There are things that need to change but then there are some things that need to be maintained and preserved.

I have faith and confidence that Cedar Fair has a better understanding of this than Paramount ever did.

At least I have faith.

Thats all good....times change...I understand that. BUT..why get rid of rides to make way for new ones? There's plenty of room and extra acreage. The Eagles...the Antique Cars..why sell them off..or send them to another park...just move them to make way for the new stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I really do think that to add to the experience of a theme park, atmosphere performers are important. They are inexpensive to hire in the grand scheme for what they can add to the park. Magicians, storytellers, the clown band, jugglers,,,, whatever. All of these things can provide great memories particular for younger patrons to the park... Those kids will be future season pass holders, and bringing their own families to the park. Those memories are why we have theme parks!!!! Bring back the atmo!!!