The Gold pass perks are finally up!

I was sort of excited about the "meal deals", but the pretty much SUCK in my case..because usually its just me and my girlfriend....all the meal deals are for 4 people....

My thoughts exactly. Other people besides whole families do go to the park. I go with my parents, why not make "2 or more people" meal deals??

CF doesn't believe in fast pass though becuase like 4 years ago or something, CP had Midway (like fast pass) and they took it away the next year. I think the speedlane here is a waste, except for The Beast ones and Delerium, I think they did these to make us quiet.

CF doesn't believe in fast pass though becuase like 4 years ago or something, CP had Midway (like fast pass) and they took it away the next year. I think the speedlane here is a waste, except for The Beast ones and Delerium, I think they did these to make us quiet.

It was called Freelane, and you got your hand stamped for at most two attractions by lining up at a respective designated place and time, where a limited number of stamps and designated times were given out (so many for 10 am, etc). Only two attractions were included each day, and they somewhat rotated. They were almost always major coasters, such as Millennium Force, Raptor and Wicked Twister.

It ended for at least two reasons, one that I know of, one that I speculate about:

* People were transferring stamps to each other by doing the old press wrists firmly together routine (at Great Adventure, people have been caught, prosecuted and served time for this...it IS theft).

* The VIP program started the next year....coincidence? I think not.

• 2 weeks later...

I know a few more of the details on this, so I thought I would add to it. I don't remember the year dates exactly though.

It was called Freelane, and you got your hand stamped for at most two attractions by lining up at a respective designated place and time, where a limited number of stamps and designated times were given out (so many for 10 am, etc).

Actually, it was called FreeWay. The name was intended to be a direct reference to the fact that at most other parks you had to pay extra to get to the front of the line faster. I don't think Cedar Fair has ever thought very highly of that idea. Thus, I wouldn't speculate that they will be adding something like Fast Passes anytime soon.

Only two attractions were included each day, and they somewhat rotated. They were almost always major coasters, such as Millennium Force, Raptor and Wicked Twister.

Not true. I believe the first year was 2002 when they had it for Wicked Twister and Millennium Force. It ran for at least 2 more years in which they added Raptor, Mantis, Magnum, and TTD. I can't remember any others, but there may have been 1 or 2 others. Of course, you could only get 2 stamps a day because you only had 2 hands, but you could choose which 2 you tried to get. They started stamping at 11:00am for most of the rides. I think they started later for Magnum and maybe one other because their lines were typically short until later in the day. They did significant work to the Magnum and Raptor queues in order to make an entrance nearer to the station as the merge point. Lines to get stamps were pretty long and the stamps ran out fast. Getting 2 stamps for MF and TTD was really hard because you couldn't be in 2 places at once and they ran out so fast. Of course, TTD never really operated anyway. I think they quit doing stamps for it altogether.

* The VIP program started the next year....coincidence? I think not.

I believe they always had the VIP program, but they began advertising to the GP just a few years ago. Still, there may be some connection in terms of marketing.

As far as why it failed, I'm not really sure, so your ideas are as good as any. I always wondered if it caused more confusion among guests than good. But really I would guess it was having to pay an employee to staff the merge point for each ride.... ;)

Junklot, my foot. That would be The Batman rides at Six Flags, with the original queing. See, for instance, Six Flags Over Georgia, Six Flags Great America. (One of Six Flags Great Adventure's general managers had the junk theming removed at Great Adventure, as he believed that it reflected very badly on the park).