Two new haunted mazes and new show highlight Kings Island's 2014 Halloween Haunt lineup

The time is nearing when our favorite summer destination becomes an insane, mystical land of the darned as it transforms into Halloween Haunt. This "mature audiences" event is held every Friday and Saturday until the bone-chilling hour of 1:00am from Sept 19th through November 1st.

One of the attractions set to debut in this year is Kill Mart in the Coney 'Maul' section of the park. Themed to a retail store gone awry, Kill Mart promises killer deals down every aisle. You'll shop 'till you drop... dead...

Also debuting at Halloween Haunt is the all-new show "Skeleton Crew." Located in the Showplace Theatre, "Skeleton Crew" displays amazing feats of strength, balance, and athleticism. If you do one thing at Kings Island this October, make it this show.

With an all-new location and a different experience, Slaughter House will now call home to Rivertown, where a new butcher is in town and you'll never know who - or what - is on the chopping block!

Other highlights include the return of such favorites as CornSTALKers, Delta Delta Die, Wolf Pack, and the reintroduction of "Ghouls Gone Wild" in the Festhaus. With eleven mazes, four haunted "scare zones," and three live shows Kings Island is set to have the most terrifying Halloween Haunt yet!

For more information including a full list of attractions and special ticket deals, visit the Official Web Site of Halloween Haunt driven by SafeAuto.

• Like 3

Oh boy... Halloween Haunt.

I, for one, can't wait until I get to enjoy another great season at Kings Island in April!

- homestar92, who is no fan of Halloween Haunt, and will miss the part of the season when the park doesn't look tacky and stupid. And not having absurdly thick fog that reduces visibility to dangerous levels.

• Like 8

^I'm also anti-Haunt and absolutely despise all the focus that gets put on it (like building permanent structures to use ONLY for Haunt). However, I'm also glad that for at least part of the day on the weekends are dedicated to a family-type event. Even though I hate walking around the park and seeing all the tacky decorations (I hate anything that glorifies death, mutilation, etc.), at least I'm able to come out to the park for a little bit and enjoy the fall weather and the rides. I, too, will be looking forward to next April when we're back to the normal operating season.

• Like 6

^I'm also anti-Haunt and absolutely despise all the focus that gets put on it (like building permanent structures to use ONLY for Haunt). However, I'm also glad that for at least part of the day on the weekends are dedicated to a family-type event. Even though I hate walking around the park and seeing all the tacky decorations (I hate anything that glorifies death, mutilation, etc.), at least I'm able to come out to the park for a little bit and enjoy the fall weather and the rides. I, too, will be looking forward to next April when we're back to the normal operating season.

I'm not trying to start anything...but your avatar pic is of a ghost from a former haunted attraction...

• Like 10

I'm not trying to start anything...but your avatar pic is of a ghost from a former haunted attraction...

Yes, and I wouldn't compare Phantom Theater to anything that exists at "Haunt." I quite enjoyed the light-hearted aspects of "Phantom" as it was more a family style ride. Just like I didn't mind taking a ride on Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle. These types of attractions don't bother me really. I absolutely hate blood and gore and feel that most Halloween type events, including KI's Haunt, glorify these things as well as death, murder, and other such things. It's one thing to take a ride on the family friendly Phantom Theater, it's another thing to come out and participate in the attractions at Halloween Haunt. As I mentioned in my post above, I come out and enjoy the festivities of the family event during the day, but leave before Haunt starts.

• Like 3

Oh boy... Halloween Haunt.

I, for one, can't wait until I get to enjoy another great season at Kings Island in April!

- homestar92, who is no fan of Halloween Haunt, and will miss the part of the season when the park doesn't look tacky and stupid. And not having absurdly thick fog that reduces visibility to dangerous levels.

If you guys don't like the event then why worry about reading about it and bad mouthing it and ruin the conversation for everyone else? Why not go talk in the 2015 topic board in a section you might enjoy? There are several of us who loves this event and it's why the park does what it does (Mostly it brings in a huge profit).

• Like 6

Two new mazes this year. Same name, different maze/experience with Slaughter House.

Very cool! I did a slight modification to the article to compensate for this.

Yes, and I wouldn't compare Phantom Theater to anything that exists at "Haunt." I quite enjoyed the light-hearted aspects of "Phantom" as it was more a family style ride. Just like I didn't mind taking a ride on Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle. These types of attractions don't bother me really. I absolutely hate blood and gore and feel that most Halloween type events, including KI's Haunt, glorify these things as well as death, murder, and other such things. It's one thing to take a ride on the family friendly Phantom Theater, it's another thing to come out and participate in the attractions at Halloween Haunt. As I mentioned in my post above, I come out and enjoy the festivities of the family event during the day, but leave before Haunt starts.

They make it clear that Haunt isn't necessarily for everybody. They daytime stuff is a lot of the pumpkin-patch-style stuff typically, and is more family friendly. I know several adults who prefer this.

For me, I'm not offended by the gore or anything like that, but I'm not the biggest 'haunted house guy' ever. They just aren't appealing to me. Probably intended for a younger generation. haha But I see it this way - at least the park's open until 1am, and I'm sure Skeleton Crew will be a big hit.

• Like 6

Speaking of fog and how thick it is, last year I was walking past the Planet Snoopy Grill through a patch of very thick fog. A group of teenage girls was walking the opposite direction toward me through the same patch of fog. As soon as I started to become visible to them (about five feet away), the girls screamed and started freaking out until I was fully visible. They thought I was a monster when they first saw my shape.

• Like 11

Why? Because I'm a believer that every discussion has two sides. And am hoping that the park sees my fog complaint and fixes it. That's the biggest thing that ruins Haunt for me.

Fog is a double edged sword. It can irritate contacts (from what I have heard) and could make some gag. To others, it is a thrilling shrowd that covers the park and literally makes the park into a dark corpse of itself. But at the same time, what fog fluid irritates you?

There are MULTIPLE brands and MULTIPLE solutions on the market by the way, so if needed Kings Island could prospectively change solutions. Why not you may ask? I (personally) believe that it is due to how the fog is the best for the park, it suits every aspect and every corner of Haunt. Also, it does not give off a huge scent like many other solutions. (Or maybe I have just gotten so used to it that I adore the smell anyways, as I honestly do)

Why? Because I'm a believer that every discussion has two sides. And am hoping that the park sees my fog complaint and fixes it. That's the biggest thing that ruins Haunt for me.

Fog is a double edged sword. It can irritate contacts (from what I have heard) and could make some gag. To others, it is a thrilling shrowd that covers the park and literally makes the park into a dark corpse of itself. But at the same time, what fog fluid irritates you?

There are MULTIPLE brands and MULTIPLE solutions on the market by the way, so if needed Kings Island could prospectively change solutions. Why not you may ask? I (personally) believe that it is due to how the fog is the best for the park, it suits every aspect and every corner of Haunt. Also, it does not give off a huge scent like many other solutions. (Or maybe I have just gotten so used to it that I adore the smell anyways, as I honestly do)

My issue with the fog has very little to do with quality and everything to do with quantity. I prefer to be able to see when I walk around Kings Island. I don't mind the fog in and of itself, but tone it down. A lot. You can still have a fun effect without giving me a hands-on demonstration of what it's like to be blind.

• Like 2

Speaking of fog and how thick it is, last year I was walking past the Planet Snoopy Grill through a patch of very thick fog. A group of teenage girls was walking the opposite direction toward me through the same patch of fog. As soon as I started to become visible to them (about five feet away), the girls screamed and started freaking out until I was fully visible. They thought I was a monster when they first saw my shape.

I've done that- I always wonder about the other person, if they thought something was awfully wrong with them to get that reaction.

Does the KillMart feature a lot of too small polyester animal print slinky suits?

• Like 1

Haunt is honestly my favorite time of year to see the park! It is all tricked out with an interesting soundtrack, cool lighting, and fog effects, and last but not least the monsters and all their blood and guts! Then it is also the best time to get some night rides in on your favorite rides. I love driving up to the park and just see this thin layer of fog rolling out into the parking lot. It gives it a very eerie and creepy feeling, which I am all for! Christmas and haunted house season are a close tie for me... Don't mind seeing them mixed together during Haunt season as well. :)

• Like 7