Employee Dies In Mind Scrambler Incident at Rye Playland

The amusement park was not cited for any violations or required to make improvements to the ride after the girl's death, but officials announced plans to add seat belts, more lighting and a second attendant at the ride.

Now, let this be a wake up call for many members on here who wish to abolish seat belts altogether from some of their favorite attractions. Just goes to show that no matter how mild a thrill ride may be, the belt could save a life! So quit complaining! Of course we do not know the full extent of how she was injured, but the park said they will be adding seatbelts, so it more than likely has something to do with that.

The woman's family whoever they may be has my deepest sympathies, I hope this doesnt discourage any of them or other members of society from enjoying more thrill rides down the line.

The amusement park was not cited for any violations or required to make improvements to the ride after the girl's death, but officials announced plans to add seat belts, more lighting and a second attendant at the ride.

Now, let this be a wake up call for many members on here who wish to abolish seat belts altogether from some of their favorite attractions. Just goes to show that no matter how mild a thrill ride may be, the belt could save a life! So quit complaining! Of course we do not know the full extent of how she was injured, but the park said they will be adding seatbelts, so it more than likely has something to do with that.

The woman's family whoever they may be has my deepest sympathies, I hope this doesnt discourage any of them or other members of society from enjoying more thrill rides down the line.

Let me get this right?

We really know nothing about the facts of loss but we're certain that seat belts would have saved someone on the scrambler???????

Just makes me wonder how any of us survived riding the barrels?

The seat belts in the article are a response to the death on the same ride 3 years ago. When a 7 year old "wriggled free of the restraining bar on one of the cars, knelt on the seat and fell soon after the ride started. The amusement park was not cited for any violations or required to make improvements to the ride after the girl's death, but officials announced plans to add seat belts, more lighting and a second attendant at the ride."

What amazes me is the fact that is the 4th year in a row now there has been a death at this park.

"After the Mind Scrambler accident in 2004, a 7-year-old boy was killed the following year when he climbed out of his boat ride and fell, according to investigators. A 43-year-old man drowned after wading into a lake at the park on July 4, 2006."

From what I gather, she was not actually riding the ride, just helping buckle some riders in when another operator started the ride.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070630/ap_on_...qraSadUio3MWM0F

But I'm sure the seatbelt still would have saved her! <G>

It would have reached out of the carriage and pulled her in, strapping her safely into the ride for the remainder of it's cycle!

• 4 weeks later...