Carowinds is offering free admission to Scarowinds

I just learned on the Carowinds website, that if you buy a 2008 season pass, you get free admission to Scarowinds. Kinda interesting, I wonder if KI will decide against making season pass holders pay for Haunt in 2008?

Check out these incredible benefits for purchasing a 2008 Season Pass, including the newly-added perk of FREE SCarowinds admission in 2008!

2008 SEASON PASS BENEFITS
Valid for the 2008 Public Operating Season

VIP PASS

* Unlimited admission to Carowinds for the 2008 public operating season
    * FREE Parking at all Cedar Fair parks during the 2008 Season
    * FREE SCAROWINDS Halloween Haunt admission in 2008
    * Designated Season Pass Parking Area.
    * 10% Discount on SpongeBob Dollars
    * Enter the park 15 minutes early to be the first in line for your favorite attraction. Daily from June 1 - August 17, 2008
    * Boomerang Bay Early Entry at 10:30 am Sundays thru Fridays; June 1 - August 17, 2008
    * Bring-A-Friend for $24.95:  6 designated Holidays--Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day, 4th of July, Labor Day. 

PLATINUM PASS

* Unlimited admission to Carowinds for the 2008 public operating season
    * Unlimited admission to all Cedar Fair Parks during the 2008 season: Knott's Berry Farm and Knott's Soak City Water Parks, Kings Island, Cedar Point, Cedar Point Soak City, Geauga Lake, Dorney Park, Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun, Oceans of Fun, Michigan's Adventure, Kings Dominion, Canada's Wonderland, Gilroy Gardens and California's Great America. (Star Trek: The Experience and Castaway Bay Indoor Waterpark  not included.)
    * Free Parking at all Cedar Fair Theme Parks in 2008
    * FREE SCAROWINDS Halloween Haunt admission in 2008
    * Designated Season Pass Parking Area.
    * 10% Discount on SpongeBob Dollars
    * Enter the park 15 minutes early to be the first in line for your favorite attraction. Daily from June 1 - August 17, 2008
    * Boomerang Bay Early Entry at 10:30 am Sundays thru Fridays; June 1 - August 17, 2008
    * Bring-A-Friend for $24.95:  6 designated Holidays--Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I know it's just for Carowinds...but at the same time, here we have Carowinds whose Haunt has always been an upcharge, suddenly becoming free...with KI's supposedly becoming an upcharge. And with CF's history of being pretty wishy-washy on things, especially with regards to season passes, it simply worries me.

NO ONE, and that includes Ryan, marketing directors and even Mr. Kinzel himself, KNOWS with 100 percent absolute certainty what the admissions scheme will be for Halloween Haunt (if there even IS a Halloween Haunt) next year. Plans change. Heck, as I posted elsewhere here just shortly ago, even ownerships change. Economic conditions change. Stay tuned.

May I remind you that up until right before the Haunt this year, there was widespread speculation it would be an upcharge at Kings Island in 2007?

wow Interpreter, in these last few posts that youve made, you have called out quite a few people on not knowing for sure what is going on with the park. Even though they may be in a good position to do so...like Mr. Kinzel for instance.

What gives? Its like there is something going on that you know about, that you dont want to share yourself, lol.

So defensive of a planless position as of late.

No, I am just saying plans change, and admissions plans most of all. Constant adjustments are made. Mr. Kinzel himself alluded to that VERY recently in an article just posted here from The Toledo Blade. Rides planned years in advance seldom change (though they can...ask Kentucky Kingdom how they like Action Zone! :) ), but prices and marketing plans at good companies can and do change.

After all, if we are to believe Mr. Kinzel, the decision to close Geauga Lake Park was not even made until after the park closed for the season this year!