club blood

Mr. Coastermania

As i rode Drop Tower saturday i had two thoughts.

1. the sob should be running.

2.I had a idea for the club blood building.

Would it be neat if the park opened a walk through haunted maze all season long?use club blood.just change the props.Just a idea.

Well, SOB is probably going to open this season, but you might post your idea about the CB building on the 5@5!

Actually, I believe that Son of Beast will NOT operate this year Brad. In fact, the large crate out front by the entrance to that ride and Flight Deck has been removed entirely, replaced by some fresh grass, a new tree and some bushes.

I don`t see the park doing anything to Club Blood and opening it during the peak summer season. What would be the point?

Well, SOB is probably going to open this season

I have just received official word from the park that Son of Beast will NOT in fact operate in 2010. The park will, however, still be entertaining the possibility of operating it in the future.

Now that we have this out of our season, let's look forward to the 2010 season and what it will offer. It's only about a month away!!!

Here's the problem I have with opening Club Blood year round..

1) Staffing. The haunted houses require many people to keep running during the haunt. Whereas many rides only need 4 or 5 people to operate, a haunted maze requires at least 10 (I think...). Also, after a full day of screaming and such, the scareactors would have quite literally no voice left after a single shift.

2) Children. KI has many many warnings about not taking children to Halloween Haunt because it may be too scary. But parents may want to take their kids to the park and let the "middle year" children walk around on their own for a while. And Club Blood is the maze that I would least like my child to walk through (if I had one).

3) Fog. Fog juice isn't cheap!

There are other reasons, but these are the main ones that came to mind right off The Bat. Of course this is just my opinion as well.

And honestly, what would be the appeal of doing a haunted maze in the middle of the summer?

And one of the first years that Haunt (at the time FearFest) was included with park admission/season passes (back in 2003 and 2004 I believe), Kings Island did something slightly different. For a few of the indoor houses, the Asylum, in the building by The Racer/Flight of Fear, and House of Darkness near the Scrambler, were opened at 3pm I believe. This was done on Saturdays, as a way to try and alleviate some of the crowds at the haunts. Remember, back in those days, there weren`t quite as many haunts as there are now.

In fact, the large crate out front by the entrance to that ride and Flight Deck has been removed entirely, replaced by some fresh grass, a new tree and some bushes.

When did this happen?

I know in most of the TR's there are pictures of the empty box.

Here's the problem I have with opening Club Blood year round..

1) Staffing. The haunted houses require many people to keep running during the haunt. Whereas many rides only need 4 or 5 people to operate, a haunted maze requires at least 10 (I think...). Also, after a full day of screaming and such, the scareactors would have quite literally no voice left after a single shift.

2) Children. KI has many many warnings about not taking children to Halloween Haunt because it may be too scary. But parents may want to take their kids to the park and let the "middle year" children walk around on their own for a while. And Club Blood is the maze that I would least like my child to walk through (if I had one).

3) Fog. Fog juice isn't cheap!

There are other reasons, but these are the main ones that came to mind right off The Bat. Of course this is just my opinion as well.

I understand club blood is not something for kids that's way i think during the season use it for a fun house maze.No scareactor.just automated.Like the old walk through haunted houses.Just a thought.

^

The problem with that: Its hard to keep people moving inside the Haunted House, unless there's someone to keep them moving through the entire attraction... People (mostly teenagers) love to hang out in those places, disrupting other patrons, messing with the animatronics, and who knows what else!

Seriously, Kings Island has enough trouble with teenagers during haunt, anyway. (Though I wish the employees would stop stereotyping teenagers... One employee in particular acted extremely rudely to me last Haunt, because of my age)

^ I sincerely doubt Club Blood would not be coming back this season; it's one of the most popular mazes they have.

Seriously, Kings Island has enough trouble with teenagers during haunt, anyway. (Though I wish the employees would stop stereotyping teenagers... One employee in particular acted extremely rudely to me last Haunt, because of my age)

If you knew how many teenagers were obnoxious and downright rude amongst fellow monsters on any given night, you would understand why a majority of them stereotype teenagers.

Actually, I believe that Son of Beast will NOT operate this year Brad. In fact, the large crate out front by the entrance to that ride and Flight Deck has been removed entirely, replaced by some fresh grass, a new tree and some bushes.

I don`t see the park doing anything to Club Blood and opening it during the peak summer season. What would be the point?

I must have forgotten to add the NOT in mine when I typed it, which is what I wanted to say. Sorry about that, I have got to stop getting distracted when I am replying!

If you knew how many teenagers were obnoxious and downright rude amongst fellow monsters on any given night, you would understand why a majority of them stereotype teenagers.

Heck, after two weekends of working there during the day, I can already understand it. It's ridiculous. I wonder, do these people act like this at home? Seriously?

^ I sincerely doubt Club Blood would not be coming back this season; it's one of the most popular mazes they have.

I don't have confirmation of this, but I'm pretty sure CB won't be coming back this year.

They have four attractions that have been up since 2001 and, excluding Massacre Manor, have had little to no rehabbing done to them over the years (the relocating of CarnEvil to the former Enchanted Theater doesn't count). Why on earth would they get rid of a maze that has only been up for three years and remains their most popular (not to mention the poster child for Cedar Fair's "edgier, more mature" marketing scheme that has done more harm than good, IMO)?

I'd much rather they get rid of CarnEvil and do an entirely new layout in the old theater (*cough*Doll Factory*cough*) or remove Death Row as was rumored to have been axed from the lineup for the past few years.

I do not see Club Blood leaving anytime soon from the Haunt ling up. I do think Death Row needs to reach it execution date.

I know I'm being a hypocrite but, Death Row is defiantly getting old. Quick. I use to go threw it every time when it was "Maze of Madness", but now after a long run, I think its time for a new attraction to take place in said storage unit.

I personally do not see Death Row getting changed till next season... Its rated very well, and had its name changed only a few years ago.

It seems that Kings Island often changes one outdoor haunt and one indoor haunt. (And they did hint toward two new haunt attractions in a 5@5.)

I really see Kings Island getting a 'Doll Factory', with all the buzz going on in Sandusky. (And Carnevil already 'sort of' matches.)

This leaves one outdoor haunt... Corn Stalkers is generally disliked by the many.

Personally I was much more a fan of Eerie Estate. But Toy Factory was really well-done as well. As for Death Row, I also say get rid of it. Having been through that maze many a time, I've yet to be scared in it. Also, Cemetery Drive is just boring IMO.

^Beast1979 does, that I know. Anyway, Cedar Point's houses were open on SUNDAY last year, at about noon.

only 4 of those houses were open sunday. and really poorly understaffed in 2 of them....

I don't have confirmation of this, but I'm pretty sure CB won't be coming back this year.

They have four attractions that have been up since 2001 and, excluding Massacre Manor, have had little to no rehabbing done to them over the years (the relocating of CarnEvil to the former Enchanted Theater doesn't count). Why on earth would they get rid of a maze that has only been up for three years and remains their most popular (not to mention the poster child for Cedar Fair's "edgier, more mature" marketing scheme that has done more harm than good, IMO)?

I'd much rather they get rid of CarnEvil and do an entirely new layout in the old theater (*cough*Doll Factory*cough*) or remove Death Row as was rumored to have been axed from the lineup for the past few years.

Confirmation from who?!?! the dippin dots guy isn't there this year O:) If anything CB will just get a slight retheme like it did 2 years ago taking out the backstage birthing area.

*emphasis added* That would be the only maze me to make me go back and work Haunt this year, unless theres a serious supervisor/rule overhaul. The politics last year killed it for 90% of the 3+ year veterans...

I personally do not see Death Row getting changed till next season... Its rated very well, and had its name changed only a few years ago.

It seems that Kings Island often changes one outdoor haunt and one indoor haunt. (And they did hint toward two new haunt attractions in a 5@5.)

I really see Kings Island getting a 'Doll Factory', with all the buzz going on in Sandusky. (And Carnevil already 'sort of' matches.)

This leaves one outdoor haunt... Corn Stalkers is generally disliked by the many.

Cemetary < Cornstalkers. And you need some newbie mazes to put people who just don't quite catch on, and ppl who really don't like haunted houses but enjoy the "smaller" scares. i'm ok with getting rid of cemetary tho. Cornstalkers is much better with the townsppl in it. And i could see Death Row going. its been around for awhile... and that house is 90% returners year after year and i know a good 70% of those won't be returning....