Son Of Beast being dismantled?!?!

benred23

I was at the park on Saturday, May 22nd with my brother in Law who went up the Eiffel Tower to get a birds eye view of things. I did go but I wish I would have.. he told me at the end of the night, "So there dismantling Son of Beast huh?" I was like, What?! Now, I cant confirm this because I didnt see it for myself, But He said that There are areas within Son of Beast that Looks like all that are left are the footers and Parts of the ride are Incomplete. Has anyone else seen this or can they confirm it? Im actually goin to KI tomorrow morning and Am gonna head up the Eiffel Tower to get a look for myself, But I was wandering if anyone else went this weekend and noticed anything?

Hopefully this doesnt spell the end for a previously great coaster.

I don't see what this has to do with Screechin' Eagle or the Big Dipper at Geauga Lake...

Thats it. I need to take my camera tomorrow and go see for myself if anything is up.

Or not up, as the case may be....

Terpy, running for the door....

I don't see what this has to do with Screechin' Eagle or the Big Dipper at Geauga Lake...

Thats it. I need to take my camera tomorrow and go see for myself if anything is up.

Have I ever told you how funny you are Terpy! :lol:

Very interesting biggrin.gif

I hope not, SOB I believe was not that bad of a coaster. Now, I do understand that there was many problems with the coaster itself, like repair problems, and maybe structural problems. I hope Cedar Fair weighs all options before moving to tearing down or fixing that darn thing.

The way things look the Texas Giant rehab seems to be going well(Maybe a SOB solution) Is the I-beam(Red) track, going to remain that color or will they match it up a little better? I have also heard The Rattler may get the same overhaul too.

Pay no attention to the person behind the curtain! He'll say anything to stir up excitement! :P

In all seriousness, I still find myself skeptical, however, this would not surprise me. It is way to early, though, to talk about replacements. And come on, Terpy, please don't pull us into the GCI mess of February! ;D

Wait a sec. Why in the name of Stengel would the park be telling us? Remember, this is the park that said nothing when they closed it, said nothing when they got rid of the sign, removed it from the map, and got rid of the box. Why should they tell us that they're removing the darn thing?

But without any of the Iron Horse renovations completed, wouldn't you consider it uncharacteristically brash of such a fix to already be implemented? What if the Iron Horse re-makes end up costing far more than orginally anticipated, or don't pay off in customer satisfaction? I can't see an extensive re-do being started yet... Maybe it's just me.

Look y'll I work with the park, and let me tell ya this, ppl on tower are dang liers and crazy, I am personal with most of them so it is nothing bad, but don't believe them, and another thing I can tell you something about Son of Beast that most probably "don't know", it is closed for 2010 season and what happens for future years are yet undecided....there it is.....get over it

Ah ha ha ha ha.

A: If you are a park employee, you aren't allowed to say anything on such things. It'll cost you your job.

B: just because you work at the park does not make you a wealth of knowledge. See also: the dippin dots guy.