Platinum vs. Gold Pass

bscott400800

Yes it does... I think. I had one in 2009 and it got free parking. It doesn't say that on the website, but I can't imagine that they changed it.

What is the difference between Platinum, Gold and Regular season passes?

A Platinum season pass allows unlimited admission to Kings Island, Boomerang Bay and all Cedar Fair amusement and water parks during 2011 public operating days, as well as free parking. A Gold season pass allows unlimited admission to Kings Island and Boomerang Bay during 2011 public operating days, as well as free parking and other VIP benefits such as early admission to Boomerang Bay, early ride times, discounts on meals and merchandise, and other advantages. A Regular season pass allows unlimited admission to Kings Island and Boomerang Bay during 2011 public operating days, without the special VIP benefits that Gold passholders receive.

The only difference between a Plat pass is it comes with free parking at all CFparks and Admission to all CF parks. A gold gets you free parking and KIs season pass perks. if you want more info Id call the park 513-754-5700.

The only difference between a Plat pass is it comes with free parking at all CFparks and Admission to all CF parks. A gold gets you free parking and KIs season pass perks. if you want more info Id call the park 513-754-5700.

I wouldn't call that "the only difference." It's sort of a big difference.

So in other words, for a difference of about $70, a Platinum Pass gets you unlimited access (pending computer problems, which some people here have encountered) at all of the Cedar Fair parks. In Ohio alone, that's unlimited access to Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Geauga Lake. There's also Dorney Park (Allentown, PA), Kings Dominion (Doswell, VA), Carowinds (Charlotte, NC), and Canada's Wonderland (Vaughan, ON) to name a few. A little more distant is the famous Knott's Berry Farm (CA), Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO). Parking is also included at all of the parks, and you get that park's "home perks." So if you're at Kings Island with a Platinum Pass, you get all the benefits that a Gold Pass at Kings Island would afford you. At Kings Dominion, you get all of their perks, etc. etc.

If you're planning to be a Kings Island regular and go to Cedar Point two times, the Platinum Pass is the way to go. As I said, the difference in price is like, $70. It's $50 for a day at Cedar Point, and $20 for two days of parking, so right there it's paid for itself. And with a Platinum Pass, there's no shame in going to Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom water park (which, without a pass, would be $40 itself just to get in - totes not worth it).

So yes. A Platinum Pass is the equivalent to having a Gold Pass at each park Cedar Fair owns. The trick is figuring out how many of those parks you could realistically get to, and then to research the other parks' admission and parking prices to determine if the Platinum Pass would save you money or not.

You can see your proximity to other parks by viewing the map here.

Simply put:

If you're only planning on going to KI this year, I'd get a gold pass.

If you're planning on going to KI and some of the other CF parks this year, I'd get a platinum pass.

Both passes offer free parking.

I'm going to Carowinds and Kings Dominion next weekend, and I'm a regular at Cedar Point, so this will be my 5th year being a platinum passholder. So it's really up to you which pass to get, based on your plans.

In my opinion, visiting Cedar Point ONCE as well as Kings Island a few times pays for your passes. The only thing I'd worry about is the price. If you are buying passes for a family of four, you'll notice that a lot more than you would if you buy gold passes, however, they are worth it in my opinion.

You get all the Gold Pass Perks (including free parking) at all Cedar Fair parks. This means ERT at Cedar Point, so you also gain the perk of staying at a resort. This means no pressure of staying at a resort for discounted tickets and ERT, so that could mean rooms for as cheap as $70 a night in Sandusky.

• Like 1

Simply put:

If you're only planning on going to KI this year, I'd get a gold pass.

If you're planning on going to KI and some of the other CF parks this year, I'd get a platinum pass.

Both passes offer free parking.

I'm going to Carowinds and Kings Dominion next weekend, and I'm a regular at Cedar Point, so this will be my 5th year being a platinum passholder. So it's really up to you which pass to get, based on your plans.

I am upgrading my Gold to a Platinum Pass this year so I can take a few trips up to CP with you and Tom! Plus I think I am going to Coastermania as well!

• Like 2

• 4 years later...