Rumors about Coney

pilotank

After working 14 hours at Balloon glow, I heard some

interesting rumors. The first one was that they are going to upgrade the fountain,

located by the Moonlite Pavillion close to the Administrative Building.

Apparently this is the original fountain left over from pre-1971 days before the park closed.

If this is true, I hope they return it as Tivoli Gardens with the tubular fountains:

Tivoli%20Gardens.jpg

Second big rumor, is the floral clock will return!

Hoefully it will also be similar to the old one:

Coney-large-clock.jpg

pilotank

• 2 weeks later...

Second big rumor, is the floral clock will return!

Hoefully it will also be similar to the old one:

That has actually been rumored for a very long time. There was some chit-chat about that when I was still a manager at the park during the 2001 season. And, more recently, I was told this once more in 2008 by a full-time staff employee.

~Josh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Stricker`s Grove is a small private, picnic park. It is set up entirely different than most typical amusement parks.

And how do you know it doesn`t make much money? Keep in mind that they are now home to the Hamilton County 4H fair, which for the second year in a row will be held at Strickers. It will be there about a week after the Fourth of July this year.

Considering that the majority of their business comes from people renting out the park, I'm sure they make plenty of money. Otherwise they would not be able to afford to be open to the public 4 days a year with relatively cheap admission and free soft drinks. I know they used to hold those "meanest man" contests up there as well, but I have no idea if they still do (haven't seen any ads for them plastered to phone polls in several years)

• 1 month later...

Man, Stricker's Grove is vintage. Just doesn't make enough money unfortunately. Before SoB, I thought Tornado at Stricker's was the scariest roller coaster ever.

Who says Stricker's Grove doesn't make enough money? They do nice little improvements each season and seem to add a few rides here and there every few years. They're not a seasonal park, they're a group event venue more than anything.

In a way, Coney Island is a similar thing. The rides there appear to be just an added feature/reason for groups to hold picnics/events there.

Yeah, I was out of line in saying that they don't make enough money. I think they still host the Golden Gloves boxing championship there in the event hall, and along with the 4H fair and the numerous church/school/workplace events held there, as well as the few days they are open to the public. With all of those days, they could be loaded right now. I'm not sure, really.

Sorry for faulty information.

I would really love to see a major water slide at Sunlite Pool...sorry, but the "new" Twister slide is not that good, actually, it's very boring and there is no thrill to it. While they are trying to cater to families, I would love to see a big thrill ride on the wet side.

• 2 weeks later...