Rumors about Coney

pilotank

The current bumper cars did NOT originate from Coney Island. When Coney Mall was refurbished in the 80's, the original bumper cars brought from Coney Island left and were replaced with brand new cars.

Didn't say they did. The current Flying Eagles didn't either. :)

I was listing some of the rides that moved to Kings Island...

The current bumper cars did NOT originate from Coney Island. When Coney Mall was refurbished in the 80's, the original bumper cars brought from Coney Island left and were replaced with brand new cars.

Didn't say they did. The current Flying Eagles didn't either. :)

I was listing some of the rides that moved to Kings Island...

Saying "the bumper cars" could get confused pretty easily.

And ^no, Shake, Rattle & Roll was not brought from Coney Island.

KI's Tumlebug was, by all accounts, scrapped. They are now very rare.

That's why I was so excited to ride a full size Tumblebug (Turtle) at Kennywood last year. I hadn't ridden one since Ki got rid of theirs. I've squeezed onto Sticker's Grove's Kiddie Turtles a few times, but it's not the same. And then there's the nearly extinct ride found nowhere else today, Kangaroo. Now that was a fun flat ride!

From the Stricker's Grove website: " It is also home to the Tornado and Teddy Bear roller coasters that are the only two wooden coasters in Hamilton County." A look at the map confirms it is in Hamilton County, although it has a Hamilton (Butler County) postal code.

• Like 1

Yeah, That is one weird anomaly with Stricker`s Grove.

I would absolutely love if Coney got a pair of Flying Eagles as a new ride. I`m not sure what is in store in the future for Coney, but I do know that one ride maybe on its way out to be replaced by another ride.

I will be going to Kennywood in August for my first visit there. I am really looking forward to it!

• Like 3

There is a post office in Ross, which is within Butler County, and is the nearest post office.

Stricker's Grove is located just inside of Hamilton County, but Ross is the given mailing address, even though it is outside of the actual designated boundaries of Ross.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Several years ago, I went to the administration office and talked to a really nice guy who said that they had been bouncing the idea of a rollercoaster or water ride...who knows maybe something is in the plans. Coney hasn't had a major attraction, outside of the new water slides, for a few years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Most of the electrical panels for the rides are removed at the end of the season and moved to higher ground (the second floor of Moonlite Gardens or the warehouse above the games building). For example, the carousel horses are stored on the second floor of Moonlite in the off season.

There is something coming to Coney next season. It is coming at the expense of a ride that has not operated all season this year though... It will be an exciting ride.

• Like 1