Should PKI bring back the Smurf Ride?

TopThrillDragster

I dont think Hanna-Barbera has a license to display the smurfs anymore But with the Upcoming New Smurf Cartoon and New Cartoon Movie Deal I say we might see them again in the park who knows? The New Cartoon is Set to be premired on Cartoon Network in The Fall.Besides PKI gave away the Smurf Figures when the Ride Closed. cool.gif

I think they should, it was a fun and very realax ride i enjoy it as a kid and i would really enjoy it as a adult too. To make it more fun they could turn it in to sometype of rollercoaster / waterride that would be a blas they have the room and the space go for it Kings Island u guys know how to shock the world when it comes to rides...

If feels good to be able to Post once again! okay PKI Homey are you talking to me? Yes I love smurfs too but so does Revengeofthesmurfs....Yup there is a Smurf Comeback coming be prepared! a new 3D cartoon and Movie are Coming!as for the Smurfs in PKI again I HIGHLY doubt it HB does not hold any of the licensing/image or anything anymore sadly. If the smurf comeback is well liked by kids and adults Iam sure they will make there way into Six Flags or something...Yup a Smurf Return...hey the 80's are back...if walk ya into a Wal-Mart or a store you will see Strawberry Shortcake,My Little Pony,Rainbow Bright,PoundPuppies,CareBears,Popples,and soon the Smurfs will be joining them.But Iam sure No Smurfs will be in PKI again unless you count a Smurfberry Ice Cream Cone as a something to remember from your child hood..besides Nick runs that turf now.

I couldnt post because of the New server I had problems logging in...PKI Homey

I.M.P.S holds the Rights to the smurfs on behalf of peyo the smurfs Creator he passed away in 1992 and they have held the rights ever since..as of Right now I.M.P.S is going over Licensing deals to bring back the Smurfs Back here in America. New Line Cinema have a deal to bring out a Smurf 3Dcartoon movie during the 2005 Holiday season But this time around the smurfs wont be be what us 80's kids remember they have been updated and they are 3D lookin kinda like how Finding Nemo looked like thats how they & there world look now.One of the reasons I loved The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage was because it went slow and you could relax.

Now on SDATHC is goes to fast and you cant take in the scenery thats the only thing that bugs me.

Scooby biggrin.gif

Yeah Scooby_Doo The Smurfs are making a comeback they had a short lived comeback in the late 90's but then they disappeared. I think it would be cool if PKI brought back the smurf statues the ones that sat on the benches and you could sit next to them.Iam sure Kids will love the new cartoon its suppose to be like Jimmy Neutron that type of 3D look.

Hey maybe if Paramount gets a deal with the company that hold the rights to the smurfs. Smurfs will be in the Paramount parks again.a smurf return would rock thats the only cartoon I loved from the 80's and The Smurfs in PKI would TOTALLY RULE! if the cartoon is released iam sure a new generation will love em just as much as kids of the 80's.

I couldnt post because of the New server I had problems logging in...PKI Homey

I.M.P.S holds the Rights to the smurfs on behalf of peyo the smurfs Creator he passed away in 1992 and they have held the rights ever since..as of Right now I.M.P.S is going over Licensing deals to bring back the Smurfs Back here in America. New Line Cinema have a deal to bring out a Smurf 3Dcartoon movie during the 2005 Holiday season But this time around the smurfs wont be be what us 80's kids remember they have been updated and they are 3D lookin kinda like how Finding Nemo looked like thats how they & there world look now.One of the reasons I loved The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage was because it went slow and you could relax.

Now on SDATHC is goes to fast and you cant take in the scenery thats the only thing that bugs me.

Scooby biggrin.gif

WHOA! A SMURF RETURN ITS ABOUT D*MN TIME!!!!! All I see anymore is My little Pony,Strawberry ShortCake,Pound Puppies,Care Bears. Sounds Awsome thats a movie and cartoon I will be checking out.Let me know the Details!

Yeah The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage was my FAVORITE ride! A coaster themed to the Smurfs I say bring it on!

Yes Like Scooby said there are Merch deals going down right now to get the smurfs back in the US the new series is going to be kinda different from the 80's series.

Expect to hear more around June 10-12 thats when the Licensing show is they will give out a press release to tell about what merch deals have been done.

All of these toy companies are bringing back old show merchandice. My Little Pony, Care Bears, (and Smurfs) are making a comeback. Pretty soon, the little people will be watching the stuff that you guys watched as kids. I don't know about some of you ppl, but I enjoy watching the Boomerang network with my parents. As far as I know, HB still has the rights to smurfs.

YAY!!!! I love the smurfs they were so cool,and as for Pound Puppies returning thats just too awsome.Care Bears are cool...so a new Smurf series wont be what like the one from the 80's? I dont care man,as long as the Smurfs are back I will be very happy.sounds like a Revenge of the 80's is upon us.

and as for The Smurf Ride Returning I would LOVE that! I grow up with that ride it was my first Ride ever!!! biggrin.gif I think IF Paramount ever got the Rights to The Smurfs they should make a river adventure ride like the Jurassic Park River Adventure at IOA but make it themed to Smurfs...Have it start out as all happy go lucky in Smurfvillage and then as you travel down the riverbank a log knocks you off course and into the river near Gargamels Manor and as you travel down the waterfall near Gargamels Manor Gargamels Cat comes after you!!! laugh.gif HEY just givin ideas off here.

Hi everyone,

Ok I just go off the phone with a dear friend of mine he is a Smurf PVC collector and a Smurf Nut. Any way he just got wind that Paramount Pictures Beat New Line Cinema over the rights to the SMURFS Paramount was the Highest bidder toward the Rights.This means Paramount got the rights for the Smurfs image and name plus they are bring us the Smurf Movie now in 2005.Plus I hear that the Smurf 3D cartoon might end up on Nick after all. I will let you all know as soon as I find out more.

Hi everyone,

Ok I just go off the phone with a dear friend of mine he is a Smurf PVC collector and a Smurf Nut. Any way he just got wind that Paramount Pictures Beat New Line Cinema over the rights to the SMURFS Paramount was the Highest bidder toward the Rights.This means Paramount got the rights for  the Smurfs image and name plus they are bring us the Smurf Movie now in 2005.Plus I hear that the Smurf 3D cartoon might end up on Nick after all. I will let you all know as soon as I find out more.

Dang it Revenge you beat to the Punch Line!!!!!! I just read about this in SmurfyNews...sounds like something small and blue will be in PKI and other Paramount parks soon.......