Should PKI bring back the Smurf Ride?

TopThrillDragster

The Smurf Ride was the next in line of Kings Island dark rides and was converted from Enchanted Voyage a year after its removal. It was the same as Enchanted Voyage, but with a Smurf theme. It operated until 1991 when the building was gutted, ride entrance moved and whole new ominmovers installed for the 1992 addition of Phantom Theater. Hope this helps, :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I vaguely remember this ride, but what exactly was the smurf ride? Was it a water ride?

It was a boat ride in the same building that Boo Blasters is now. It showed the Smurfs celebrating the seasons. It opened in 1984 and closed after the 1991 season.

• Like 3

Here's a video that's out there of a portion of the ride. It's missing the Gargamel scene, which I remember being a little scary. 
I know that the Smurfs won't ever come back, but this is the kind of ride that I wish there were more of at KI. 
After going to Disney a few times, some of my favorites are the slow dark rides.

• Like 2