What is your Son Of BEAST Expirience?

mccarthysnerd

I loved the ride as a whole. Only part I didn't enjoy was the bottom of the rose bowl. Other than that I loved it. I wish KI would do something, preferably what they did to Texas Giant down at SFOT but I don't see them spending that much money to do it. Btw The New Texas Giant is my favorite coaster and I've been on about 215 now.

A crypt Is a temple like thing all the KIC'ers went to down in Africa. Son of Beast? No idea.

Reality: I really enjoyed my 2 rides on Son of Beast. Except for the rose bowl, I loved the ride. Rode it once in October 2008, and again in June 2009, on the last day it operated. That would be the only thing I would like if they tore it down, riding it on the last day of operation. My friend got to ride the Crypt on the last day of operation, lucky. And he also rode SOB with me that day. I would absolutely love to ride it again, even as it is now. Does anyone know if KI could possibly just take out the rose bowl, and replace it with a little drop, heading towards the former loop spot?

I rode it on its opening year, and a few times after that, including post-loop. It was just a very forgettable coaster for me. It was indeed rough at some points, but I really can't remember much else about it, and I know that doesn't make sense. I actually remember my two rides on Skylab better than on my several of Son of Beast.

I actually think that one of SoB's biggest problems was its queue. The way they recycled part of Top Gun's queue just seemed so half-baked to me. If you think about it, the most enduring rides all have interesting queues, and do a great job of setting the stage for the ride.

Something about the ride's placement always just seemed a little odd, and when waiting in line, I almost felt like I wasn't at Kings Island any more. The ride just had a strange vibe for me, long before its very public "issues" started to occur.

I don't know how many times I rode it, though I do know that I only rode it once after the loop was removed. I loved the original ride with the loop, but didn't really enjoy the "tamer" version. My most memorable experience was accepting a dare from my sister to do a back seat ride immediately after doing a front seat ride. I was a bit sore after that because I got stapled, but it was still a fun ride.

Attempted to ride it in the early years, but was literally too tall for it. A few years later I decided to try it again...and squeezed onto it. Not sure if the cars changed, or the fact that I had lost weight somehow got me on. Whatever the case may be, I found it to seriously be the roughest ride I'd ever been on in my life. I told my wife, "Never ever let me ride that again." I literally felt like I'd been beaten with a pillowcase full of doorknobs.

The bizarre thing is I LOVE wood coasters...Beast and Racer are my fave rides at KI. B)

I rode SOB 3 times. 2 times before it was retracked and 1 time after. SOB all 3 times hurt my back to the point where i couldn't ride anything the rest of the day. I still have back pain. But that is why we have back doctors. The pain is not as bad as it was before i seen my back doctor. I can still do normal stuff. But i won't ride SOB again. Even if it does open up with all new stuff. I feel the same way about Mean Streak at Cedar Point.

So even if they completely over haul it and make it smooth as glass like they did with Texas Giant you still wouldn't ride it?

The ride it was, was awful. It had potential but the rose bowl was unbearable. A complete retracing overhaul is something I would love to see. I'm sure everyone on these boards would agree with me when I say, it would make it one hundred times better.