Upgraded Food Options

Snowman

I will also say...do NOT get a Burger from the Feasthouse, nor the chicken strips. They set out and are cold as ice.

Will try another one though at a place that doesn't let them sit out in the open, because even cold it was much better than last year.

Lots of problems yesterday, which is to be expected on opening day of course.

I'm sure the good folks at Apollo would be pleased. What'd you have, what did it cost, and would you do it again?

I had the Timburger, a mello yello no ice, and a side caesar salad, it was all around $15 or $17, and yes yes i will do it again although the kids waving sticks at random things making lights turn on and a random racoon swining can be of an oddity.

Well i guess Bubba Gump's erm Outer Hanks got sent down the river for a mexican joint.....

From what I've seen they'll still have their usual fare as well.

From what I could tell yesterday, they do nothave the usual fare at Hanks anymore, I thought orginally they were going to keep the fish and srimp but apparently not.

I did not think they did, too bad i was in the fish & shrimp mood that day, so i just ate somewhere else!

First time posting in a while, just bought season tickets today and got me in the mood to get back on here :)

I think the food options are pretty cool. Will it inspire me to eat in the park? Probably not since I'm there all the time, but for people who spend only a few days or even just one day a year there and want to get the full experience, it will help out the entire experience. I'll agree Oktoberfest needs re-named/re-themed, but I doubt anyone really cars about that. Definitely not on top of the priority list, but better food was.

For the longest time, best deal for my kids has been the weiner-bun at Skyline - 2 dogs with a mountain of cheese on one bun, for ~$2.89. They loved the Snoopy kid meal at CP too, but I don't think I've seen those offered at KI except (maybe) in the waterpark. They had a PB&J, apples, cookies, and drink for around $3.29. Everything else in the park is $8, which is just painful if it's not fresh, hot, made-to-order. On the cold, rubber burger post, that should never happen but neither should wrapped burgers sitting under heat lamps forever. No matter how good the patty, it's garbage after that. At one place I worked, we kept the patties hot in a pan of hot water (kept at proper holding temp). Maybe that's not allowed by food service rules any longer, but it made for fresh, hot and made to order in very little time. ;-)

I didn't get a cheesesteak on Saturday, though I wanted one. The grill at the snakepit was not even on as far as I could see, but I can't wait to try one. I'll have a burrito too! ;-D

I didn't get a cheesesteak on Saturday, though I wanted one. The grill at the snakepit was not even on as far as I could see, but I can't wait to try one. I'll have a burrito too! ;-D

I thought the same thing when I got up there to order one on Saturday along with Avartar and Oldiesman. The grill was clean and you would have thought it had not been turned on, but it was hot when they started cooking them. I thought it was pretty good. I did wish it had just a little more meat on it though.

• Like 1

KI does listen. We discussed better food options last winter including offering some fresh fruit and other healthy snacks. I went to the Cocoa Cola Market place yesterday (it's outside Hanks Burrito Shack where the big Coke bottle mister was). They have iced barrels filled with individual servings of veggies and dip, FRESH FRUIT, even hummus and chips, for only $1.99. You can get an orange or an apple for a buck. I asked the worker if the healthy options were selling well and he said they all were extremely popular.

KI is an amazing company and truly wonderful place to visit. The fact they listen to their customers as much as they do is something very rare for a large corporation.

You will be receiving many more of our dollars. The restaurants up the road will be losing out, at least from us.

Thank you.

• Like 2

My wife and I set out on our quest for "Glutton-Free" Pizza ;) [sic] on 5/5, and were almost disappointed when a survey taker at the front gate said she had no idea Kings Island was offering gluten-free pizza. She recommended trying LaRosa's on International Street, so we went there, and they told us to go to Festhaus. Ooh, sweet appetite! So we went there and they directed us to the biergarten (!), where we were finally able to order the illusive, 12" delicacy (the price of which was delightfully surprising!) My wife thoroughly enjoyed it; one of her great loves of visiting Kings Island restored!

• Like 1

I went yesterday and had a funnel cake (with apple topping). I've never had one at KI before, so I'm not sure how much it improved. It was a nice, sweet funnel cake. It's $6.99 with apple or strawberry topping and $6.49 for just the funnel cake. It's also a nice size, and I ugh, got to full to finish it, and I didn't want to puke on Flight Deck or something.

I tried the new burrito at Hank's. It was really good. The salsa was a nice kick, the chicken was flavorful, and it was a pretty good-sized burrito. It was only $7.49, which was a deal comparing to $6.30 at Chipotle and Qdoba. Overall, Hank's Burrito Shack gets an 8/10. I felt like the building still had an "Outer Hank's" feel to it. Also, the only hot sauce they had was Skyline hot sauce, along with ketchup and mustard. The Skyline hot sauce is great, but not exactly on a burrito. Maybe they could invest in a few Tabasco bottles.

I went yesterday and had a funnel cake (with apple topping). I've never had one at KI before, so I'm not sure how much it improved. It was a nice, sweet funnel cake. It's $6.99 with apple or strawberry topping and $6.49 for just the funnel cake. It's also a nice size, and I ugh, got to full to finish it, and I didn't want to puke on Flight Deck or something.

I thought the funnel cakes where much thicker than they have been in years past which is just fine.

Has anyone reading this post had the Philly cheese steak yet, that would mind expressing how it was and how much it cost?

Not the best, but good nonetheless. You have to wait a couple of minutes because it's made to order right before your eyes. It's $8.69 for the cheesesteak and chips, less if you get it without the chips like I did.

I had the burrito last weekend. Still lots of rough edges on Hank's to get the process streamlined (it's not Chipotle fast, but they're working on it). It was tasty, and I was happy to get Guacamole at no extra charge, but by the time I made it out of the line and to a place to sit, it was cold. Gotta work on speed and smiles! Still, nice to get something fresh to order rather than sitting under heatlamps for who-knows-how-long. Next up, the Philly Cheesesteak.

I've never been to a Penn Station, so I can't answer that.

:o ... you must go now!

I'd love to try one, but there are three Subways in Xenia (where I live), including one within walking distance of my house. The nearest Penn Station is a 15-minute drive, and with today's gas prices, that's too far to drive for a sub when I can walk to Subway. It's the same way I love Long John Silver's, but with the closest one 15 minutes away in Fairborn, I only go there when I'm already in Fairborn for other reasons. I see that there's a Penn Station close to KI, so I may try that one soon.