Welcome to Kings Island Central Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jdawg1998

I changed my avatar to the Ohio Bobcats logo more than 24 hours ago yet it still hasn't changed, and I keep on saving it, refreshing it, trying different pictures, but my avatar will not change. Help?

I see an Ohio Bobcats logo as your avatar. Maybe it's your browser. See if it's changed in a diff. browser or maybe delete your cache/cookies?

Follow the instructions here to bypass your cache (make sure to do it on a page showing one of your posts). I was still seeing the Cincinnati logo until I did that, then I began seeing the new avatar.

Gordon Bombay is correct sometimes you can refresh your page as your cache maybe remembering your old Avatar. Good luck

Edit to Add:jcgoble3 recommendation will work too.

I searched for info on my problem but this is the closest topic I could find about uploading avatars. I cannot seem to upload one. Every time I try uploading a picture from my computer it says "Failed to set a new photo". When I try importing a photo from a URL (photobucket), it says it cannot connect to the server. I wonder if I am doing something wrong? Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

I got the same error when I tried to upload a full-resolution photo for my avatar a few months ago. I had to manually downsize it to about 300–400 pixels wide for the system to take it and properly handle it.

I'll have to try that, because it's a very large photo. Thanks for the tips!

Edit (a few minutes after I posted this): - It worked! Thanks! Yay!

Edited by countess_of_tuscany

If i may ask how could i minimize it, whenever i try it doesnt shrink.

1. Calculate roughly what percentage about 300 to 400 is of the image's width in pixels.

2. Load the image in Windows Paint (this can actually be done with any image editing program, but I'm using what's already on Windows PCs for simplicity)

3. Under the Image menu, choose "Resize/Skew..."

4. Set both the horizontal and vertical resize settings to roughly the percentage determined in step 1 (it doesn't have to be exact, but make sure you use the same number for both). Leave the skew settings alone and hit OK.

5. Save the image under a new filename and then upload it here.

(edited a day later to clarify something I missed in step 4)

Edited by jcgoble3