A Theory

rip-phantomtheater

If anyone remembers last years very annoying, Kings Island-Fun and Only- Campaign, they had the invertgo coaster as painted blue instead of red and yellow, and guess what?! The next year(this year- 2012) It was repainted...So if you've seen the new commercial for this year, some people are in a rollercoaster station, and the next scene is them riding through a loop. Is this a hint for whats coming for 2013? Yes...yes I think so.

Not sure what a Theroy is... Sounds like a first name.

The roller coaster you're talking about (shown twenty seconds in on that commercial) was Invertigo at California's Great America, which had the exact same color scheme as our Invertigo used to, but with blue supports instead of red ones. That roller coaster has now been transported to Dorney Park where it's blue all over, and Kings Island's was painted the same way shortly after.

I haven't seen the 2012 commercial, so I don't know exactly which ride you're seeing, but I promise it's a ride that already exists, and probably at a Cedar Fair park. Parks (especially within the same company) borrow from eachother and use stock footage. For a while, Kings Island's Vortex was on the splash page for all the Cedar Fair parks. More recently, it was Cedar Point's Maverick. I'd wager that nine times out of ten, even regular visitors don't notice.

• Like 4

Must... not... make... Theroy Jenkins joke...

I don't care if people speculate about Son of Beast, but this is a pretty huge stretch. Quite frankly, I don't think Cedar Fair cares this much about being sly about their hints, where applicable. This is a few steps beyond the sort of thing the Busch parks would do, and I'd say they're the hint-iest of the park chains--Cedar Fair's much more direct when they want to get people buzzing. They create teaser websites (Leviathan), post signs in the park (the second round of WindSeekers, Diamondback), and drop little clues on main means of communication (Dinosaurs Alive).

Not to mention that the coaster in that commercial is almost certainly GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm, which seems to be CF's go-to wooden coaster for commercials. They aren't riding through a loop.

• Like 1

Why must you speculate on a commercial? It's the same commercial they use for all Cedar Fair parks, not just Kings Island. It means nothing.

What's with all the people that look at every little thing that Kings Island does and making it seem like it's a hint towards something.

• Like 2

A theory is only a theory until proven other wise, who knows, your theory maybe correct, or maybe you just made a disgrace of yourself, and said something totally wrong, we will know in the future, and you will be accounted for in your actions...

I don't really know if it's worth being that serious about... :wacko: Who exactly plans to hold the OP "accountable for his actions?" This isn't some dramatic Lord of the Rings style epic quest... I don't think "disgrace" will come to the OP even if he's wrong.

• Like 2

Thats because your not in the land of the other realm, where magical unicorns prance around, dwarfs sing of digging holes, and BB is in its heyday! Actually when the say so is announced, i will post on here about if he was wrong or right. Thats being accounted for your actions, no rudeness implied.

It just seems unnecessary. Dozens of things are claimed here day in and day out. Most end up being wrong. His hopes of a hidden message in a commercial are at least more founded than hope in a Son of Beast Facebook page making a difference, or of Boomerang Bay returning in 2013! You win some, you lose some. I'd bet sums of money that he's wrong, but it's among the least disgraceful things I've heard this week! I certainly hope you don't hold onto this until the real 2013 addition is announced... That would speak more than the OP's observation ever could!

You just never know :ph34r: . I actually would have to say from his conclusions, he does have a serious statement. I also know that KI is notorious for trolling the enthusiasts of KI. Who knows, i could be correct, he could be correct, but i do know one thing, Chuck Norris knows... When they do make the decision i will do one of two things, congratulate on the 2013 SOB return, which i hope for also, and or be saddened by the intrusion of truth of SOB to be left in the dust. I support your idea, and i think that this maybe plausible.

• Like 1

It just seems unnecessary. Dozens of things are claimed here day in and day out. Most end up being wrong. His hopes of a hidden message in a commercial are at least more founded than hope in a Son of Beast Facebook page making a difference, or of Boomerang Bay returning in 2013! You win some, you lose some. I'd bet sums of money that he's wrong, but it's among the least disgraceful things I've heard this week! I certainly hope you don't hold onto this until the real 2013 addition is announced... That would speak more than the OP's observation ever could!

As one said in his under tab "If one cannot joke, dont bother posting" that was a great quote.

My theory is that this was "probably" just a commercial and was hinting at nothing, or more other hints would have probably already showed up.

The real thing is that usually enthusiasts wait for something like this to come along or search to find this so that something can keep them busy. BUT....

Me and Son of Beast is a whole other story........

• Like 1

Must... not... make... Theroy Jenkins joke...

I don't care if people speculate about Son of Beast, but this is a pretty huge stretch. Quite frankly, I don't think Cedar Fair cares this much about being sly about their hints, where applicable. This is a few steps beyond the sort of thing the Busch parks would do, and I'd say they're the hint-iest of the park chains--Cedar Fair's much more direct when they want to get people buzzing. They create teaser websites (Leviathan), post signs in the park (the second round of WindSeekers, Diamondback), and drop little clues on main means of communication (Dinosaurs Alive).

Not to mention that the coaster in that commercial is almost certainly GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm, which seems to be CF's go-to wooden coaster for commercials. They aren't riding through a loop.

They also used Kings Domion's Dominator at the very end of that commercial as well.

If only people took commercials for what they are supposed to be used - as advertisements.

Not hints at SoB, not hints at a new anything, just an advertisement for a company.

Example: Bud Light Super Bowl XLVI commercial with Wego the rescue dog in it.

Most of the viewers of that commercial did not think that anything new was being introduced from Bud Light. They took it as a funny advertisement commercial.

Not that the Thrills Connect advertisement is actually funny, but we should take it for what it is - an advertisement.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok first off, this is a forum, thats why random things are said every day, if not it would not be forum.

Secondly, it has been such a long time so bare with me, someone had a 2012 forum to say what was going to come that year. One person said that the old water park might get a renavation to revamp it, and everyone shot that person down saying KI would never do that again let alone spend money on it, so I apoligize to that person, because I also said there was no way that KI would do that. Yes I might be wrong, yes I might be right...Dont be so quick to judge

-Just saying#grow up....

What? EVERYONE didn't shoot that person down. In fact, the conventional wisdom was that 2012 would be waterpark expansion/renovation.

Your claim that everyone pilloried that poster is an example of the conduct of which you would now complain.

Terp, opponent of general statements and sometimes contrarian.

• Like 1

I can agree on some people being barbaric to people with a different perspective, but also there are people that try to make peace with others. Like terp said, not everyone bashed him for it, gosh even I thought about the theory.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...