Definitely planning a trip!

girlafraid

So I am definitely going to to KI when I'm in the States next month. I'd love some advice about the best day to go mid-week... any little tricks as we'll be paying admission.

Also, my boys are 3 and 4. The 4 year old is 41" in bare feet, so thinking in a month's time in shoes he'd be alright for the 42" stuff?

Love to hear what you guys think!

xx

Well, first off, make sure you're going to Ohio and not another state I know that sounded kind of dumb but it only makes sense to clarify that much, if you plan on staying in Planet Snoopy all day with the kids, all I can say is "Have fun!" and if you decide to go to the regular park, ride everything and enjoy the United States of America.

I'm originally from Cincinnati/Northern KY, so I'm well aware of flying into KY, but good tip.

I'd like to take my 4 year old on some of the bigger rides, Racer and Adventure Express ok for 42"? Anything else he'd really enjoy? Discount tickets anywhere?

Thanks x

My son was under 41" last year w/o shoes, but passed the 42" mark a couple of times with shoes on (he also just missed the mark a little a couple of times before clearing it for good in the fall)

there are height charts on KIs website, but here is what they can do at 42" from my memory. My son would happily ride any ride in KI if you could safely put him in it so he got on everything his height would allow.

at 42" you can ride just about everything in Planet Snoopy except for the flying ariel chase and surf dog, both of those you have to be 44" There is a lot of variety though, 1 super small roller coaster, plus 1 "larger" roler coaster designed for the kids. Boo blasters, an indoor "shot 'em up" ghost ride, which may or may not scare your kids. My son loved it when he was 2, but I could see how it could be a little scary to some kids. There's a little carousel, a beetle bug, a small "train" ride and car ride plus a dodge 'em bumper cars for little kids.

In the general park area, there are a couple of flats, Viking Fury, scrambler, monster and shake, rattle & role. Don't know the size of your 3 year old, viking fury is 40", scrambler & monster might be 36" or 40" (all would require you to ride with them at that height). Shake, rattle & roll is 42".

You have to be 48" to get on The Racer, Adventure Express or just about anything else in the main area of the park. Don't know about the water park, I know there is a kids area over there, but can't tell you anything about it. It all depends on the nature of your kids. My son is pretty tall for his age, and was on Viking Fury and Woodstock Express before his 3rd birthday, loved every bit of it, though I could tell the back seat on Viking Fury made him a little more nervous than sitting towards the middle where you don't go so high. I won't do the scramblers or monster type rides, but my wife loves them and would take him on those every time, which he enjoyed.

Depending on how squirly your kids are (my son won't sit still for long so these are tough for us) there are a lot of decent shows around the park, including in Planet Snoopy. The festhaus is air conditioned and will have shows around lunch time. I'm not sure what times they do them at, but they'll have the characters perform in front of the fountain at some point, even let your children dance with the peanuts gang near the end of the show.

Make sure to bring a stroller (or 2 if you don't have a double stroller and have someone else comeing along that can push a stroller) even if you stay in Planet Snoopy much of the day, its a lot of walking for little kids, plus its nice to have a place to store things. Even if your kids out out of diapers, bring a diaper bag and tuck some snacks and sippy cups (or whatever they drink out of) ice water is free all thru the park, they'll even fill up whatever cup you bring from home for your kids. Any day middle of the week should be fine, not too busy. You get more peanut character things in the morning before it gets too warm so that that into mind.

DAY would mostly depend on what airline your flying in. I'm not sure if CVG has any direct flights overseas anymore now that Delta pulled out as a hub there. however, if you're flying thru Atlanta or Detroit or whatever HUB you come in from overseas, you may get into DAY cheaper than CVG.

• Like 1

"International" is pushing it. They fly to Canada and Mexico. Even CVG that was the big "International" only goes to Paris daily now (and for how long, I wonder?). I'm quite bitter the daily London Gatwick was dropped a few years ago.

Thanks for the tips, though! I used to go to KI a couple of times a week as a kid and Chessington World of Adventure, while fun for the little ones, is a bit of a snooze so I think they'll love KI. Christy is 3 in June and he's just under 39" in bare feet. Thomas is 41 1/2 in barefeet, but I know he would love the bigger rides if I went on with him. Have they raised the height requirements? That seems awfully tall and I remember riding The Racer very very young. errrr Is it better to try for the bracelet to let him ride all day or take your chances at different rides hoping they'll get on them at the platform?

Do they allow you to bring food into the park? They didn't used to, but it was so long ago. Is there still a good picnic area? Thanks!!xx

Sorry Medford, I missed your post. I've tried many times to do Dayton, Louisville and Indy and I've never been lucky enough to get a cheaper flight. In the summer, we fly through Detroit on KLM/Delta and at Christmas we fly USAirways through Charlotte (in my mind, it's more chance of avoiding weather). Either way it's EXPENSIVE! I remember when I could hunt and find a transatlantic for $300 in a good sale!

For the time being. I'm plotting my escape, considering making Six Flags America my geographic home park and living within easy driving distance of America's Finest Regional Park where you can hand feed the giraffes!

If I could somehow make Blackpool Pleasure Beach my homepark, I'd strongly consider it!

For the time being. I'm plotting my escape, considering making Six Flags America my geographic home park and living within easy driving distance of America's Finest Regional Park where you can hand feed the giraffes!

If I could somehow make Blackpool Pleasure Beach my homepark, I'd strongly consider it!

You don't! i can promise you times a billion. Unless you actually lived AT Pleasure Beach and never had to venture outside of it. :P Why not a nice little place in Buckinghamshire, equal distance between Thorpe Park and Alton Towers instead?

I hope to make a move back to Northern Kentucky one day.... probably when hell freezes over, or the Olympics force all life to leave this island... but someday!