Drink Wristbands

FOFreak

The $5 is for unlimited refills for your souvenir cup.

I'm not sure this is totally true. Me and 2 of my friends (all season pass holders) went and 1 of us got the wristband. He didn't have to carry the cup with him at all and he didn't get a souvenir cup. At each stand he just showed his wristband and they gave him a new cup with whatever drink he wanted. IDK if thats how its intended to be used, but that is how he used it.

No, you don't have to have the big cup and you don't even have to carry a cup. I spent the $5 with a small drink and got the band, all I did is walk up & get a new cup filled with whatever I wanted.

FYI, Dont mean to Hijack the Wristband thread wth this, but it wasnt worth making a new one for. Regular souviener (sp.) refills are 1.99. However, if you opt to use the Freestyle Coke machine in Hanks Burrito Shack, the refill is 2.99 Thought that was kinda weird... Is that for real or did I encounter a poorly trained individual who ripped me off by a dollar? :)

Again, there are two different wristbands. One is for refills of the souvenir cup. The other is for unlimited 20oz cups. Both are $5.

We were told that the 20oz cup version cannot be used at the Freestyle machines, so it may be that souvenir cup refills cost more there as well.

FYI, Dont mean to Hijack the Wristband thread wth this, but it wasnt worth making a new one for. Regular souviener (sp.) refills are 1.99. However, if you opt to use the Freestyle Coke machine in Hanks Burrito Shack, the refill is 2.99 Thought that was kinda weird... Is that for real or did I encounter a poorly trained individual who ripped me off by a dollar? :)

When I was there yesterday the price listed in Hanks was $2.99. Also as I remember the free drinks wristband from fun perks at least is not supposed to work at locations with the freestyle machines. I figured the $5 wrist band was not supposed to work at the freestyle locations if it does I will be purchasing one of those every trip I love those freestyle machines. They installed them about a year ago at Universal Orlando and I make sure I go to locations which have those instead of the standard Coke machines.

Again, there are two different wristbands. One is for refills of the souvenir cup. The other is for unlimited 20oz cups. Both are $5.

So where can you purchase the $5 unlimited 20 oz cup wristband? If they do indeed sell them separately from the souvenir cup refill wristband, why do they charge groups $10 for them, and I'm told by Don that the only ones available are the ones for the souvenir cups? Not trying to be rude or anything, just want to get to the bottom of this because even if they were $10, I'd still be willing to shell out the money to get a drink wristband...

Sounds like something is not adding up with all this. Sounds like some missed communication or poorly trained accocites. I do know they advertise that you can get unlimited refills in your soveriner cup for $5, but don't think they advertise the 20 oz cups, and the last time they offered this it was 9.99 per person, so why would they sell an unlimited refills for only 5 dollars in 20 oz cup, when one Large pop cost 4.25 with tax. Something doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

They were selling them anywhere that had fountain drinks last Sunday (6/3). I agree it doesn't seem like a good deal for them, so maybe it was an experiment. I didn't check yesterday (6/10) if they were selling them because we weren't going to be there long enough to use it.

Okay just for clarification:

It is $5 to buy a wristband and you absolutely do not need to be a pass holder to get it. If an employee asks for your pass they are simply scanning it for fun perks and half the time do not even explain why they are scanning your pass.

At the beginning of the season there were two option: Free refills in a souvenir cup or unlimited 20 oz. drinks. Yes, this later option was and is abused. The guest is allowed to go up to any stand and get one free drink. Then they are free to hand that drink to a family member or friend and go to another stand or even just get back in line. The system was flawed but there is not much way around it.

I have noticed a dwindling number of the 20 oz wristbands. They are given to large groups and I sometimes still see them. I'm not sure if you can still purchase them maybe at the front of the park or if they are just reserved for the fun perks rewards now- but you cannot find them at the stands anymore.

All that the stands have are now the refill wristbands. The wristbands DO specify what day and which option you have. Regarding icees: You cannot use your wristband to refill icees at mix-it-up. However, subway is allowing free refills on icees with the wristband. Now wether they are supposed to be allowing it: i'm not sure. But they are.

Hope that helped clear things up :)

EDIT: Also I have heard that it is possible that the $5 unlimited drink wristbands were only available for purchase pre-season, before the park opened full time for the summer. Also this information is 100% accurate, not just an assumption.

We went today and I talked to a supervisor at the Fun Perks Station near the entrance of the park and she said that you can only buy a $5.00 band for refills of the souvenier cup only. Since we are a family of five, I used only my daughter's free wristband coupon and she put it on my wrist.

We shared a drink all day and we still have four more left for future visits.

I guess the question is - do you believe that this is the intent of the refillable souvenir cups and the fun perks offer?

I'm sure the system can be adjusted in the future to only give perks to one family member.

I guess the question is - do you believe that this is the intent of the refillable souvenir cups and the fun perks offer?

I'm sure the system can be adjusted in the future to only give perks to one family member.

I would love to hear your system on how ONE family member can't share their drink with another family member.

I will agree that this is not the intent of KI but I will not lose any sleep doing this.

I would love to hear from people that are doing the same thing.

The system change I was talking about was for fun perks. It would be easy for them to only give the free refills wristband offer to one person per family versus all five.

Also, not suggesting this isn't a common practice or that you should lose sleep over it.

Im sure the park was aware that people are gonna share drinks when they started this.I watched a lady use all 5 wristbands on her family because she asked the guy can we share and he said no.She walked away telling her husband"i think i just screwed up",he said"you did,why did you ask him?!!" She did the right thing,but i would guess 75 percent share a wristband,and with how expensive everything is,i cant say i blame them.

The first time I redeemed a drink wristband, Mr. Helbig himself was in the Funperks booth and waited on me. I asked if this was where to redeem the free wristband and he said yes. I asked if it was for the souvenir cup and he said no, the 20 ounce. I said ok, and that I would like to just redeem one (I had all four of our certificates and I was with my two small children). He said, "Ah, smart!" which I took to mean that it was totally ok to redeem one and share drinks with the family. When I went to the first drink stand, I showed the worker and said I'd like to redeem for a drink and could I get two drinks? And he said no, only one per person at a time. I said, "So I can come back in five minutes and get another drink?" He looked at the line (about 2 people) and said "Probably less than five minutes."

So I took those interactions to mean that the park was ok with us sharing drinks from the free wristbands. We've done it twice, and have two left. We have ALSO purchased meals and two souvenir cups, which we will get the $5 wristbands for too.

Ugh, backwash. That's one thing I've never been able to do, share my food/beverage with my kids. Dunno why, lord knows I've done worse with them, but the thought is nauseating.

Good thinking on your part. It never would have occurred to me that we could share out the 20oz cups with a single band. I still haven't used the 4 we got, so now you've just stretched one day to 4 for us. Thanks!

We plan on sharing one wristband at each visit, but then again, we generally do not drink Soda, just Water when at the park. So, as I see it, if I am only using it for a couple of drinks while we are there, I am not abusing the system. Further, it would most likely be my husband who is drinking them, and maybe the kids and I taking a few drinks (or the kids sharing one between themselves).

On the other hand, people who drink nothing but soda for the entire visit and get as many cups or more in an hour as we would in the day (like 3-4) and then share those with their friends would probably be abusing the system.

Okay, on contrary to what has been said on this board, you CAN buy 20 oz drink wristbands for $5 and some change. I got mine on Saturday at about midday at the Skyline Chili stand in Coney Mall. No questions asked. The rest of the day I went stand after stand and got multiple drinks each trip. Not just one. All day.

So I know for the 20oz wristband you get through funperks it says "not valid at Coke Freestyle locations". If you purchase a 5 dollar souvenir wristband, can you use that at Freestyle locations?

I used the Fun Perks Wristband all Night tonight on the Freestyle Coke machines... tried just about every flavor i could Imagine.. :)

I think there's a perfect solution to the $5 drink wrist band abuse. A single person should not need more than 5 refills or 20 oz drinks in a day, so put 5 punch or marker marks on each wrist band, limiting each band to 5 drinks per day. That solves the problem of families or groups of friends redeeming dozens. Then, KI doesn't need to worry about losing drinks sales to abuse. People can feel free to hand off the drinks, but they're taking away from the number of drinks they might need for themselves. And it's still an incredible value at $1 per 20 oz drink...