Gold pass 2013 renewal question...

lance99

I just ordered my 2013 gold pass online and the paperwork says to keep my 2012 pass as it is now good for 2013 season. True?.

Also if I lost it at the park two weeks after I got it made and never went back this season, what happens?. Can I still get a new pass?.

Thanks.

Did you renew the lost 2012 pass for 2013? (If you renew, the original pass is valid for the next season. There's no voucher and no processing.)

If you lost the pass and weren't planning to replace it, you should have purchased a new 2013 pass instead of renewing. I'm not sure how you would have renewed a lost pass, however, since you need the barcode number from the pass to renew. This number would not have been on your purchase receipt for a new pass.

By the way, you can be admitted with a lost pass without paying a fee by visiting Guest Services. You probably would have to pay a fee to get the pass replaced, unless they make an exception because it was lost inside the park. If you do lose the pass at the park in the future, you should visit Guest Services before you leave.

Be wary. The park issues only one replacement pass for the season. If Lance has already lost his pass once and gotten it replaced, he cannot get the standard "$15 replacement pass". If you lose your replacement pass, your free visits to the park are over (unless you buy another pass/ticket--the park would love that!)

On a related note, I intend to renew my Platinum pass on closing day. This will be done at the park ticket windows so I can use my $20 off FUN Perks coupon. To those who have already renewed at the ticket windows this fall, will I be able to continue using the same pass (same as online renewal), or will I have to go into the processing office and obtain a new pass?

^^ I'm not entirely sure that the $20 coupon works on platinum passes; I've heard that these coupons are for gold passes.

If they process your 2013 pass as a renewal, you won't have to process it next season. When renewing at Guest Services, I got a receipt that included my 2012 pass number:

oOfix.jpg

(Apparently their point-of-sale system doesn't know about DST; this was at ~12:50am on October 6.)

^^ I'm not entirely sure that the $20 coupon works on platinum passes; I've heard that these coupons are for gold passes.

If they process your 2013 pass as a renewal, you won't have to process it next season. When renewing at Guest Services, I got a receipt that included my 2012 pass number:

I just selected and downloaded the reward, and the voucher simply says "Save $20 off the regular price of one 2013 Kings Island Season Pass." It says nothing about being for Gold only.

And Guest Services is able to process renewals? I'll keep that in mind as it will likely be late in the day when I do the renewal.

I just selected and downloaded the reward, and the voucher simply says "Save $20 off the regular price of one 2013 Kings Island Season Pass." It says nothing about being for Gold only.

Note how it says regular price. Not to be combined with discounts. If I were to infer using previous knowledge, I would assume the FUN Perks voucher is uncompatible with the discount occurring as we speak (6 easy payments of $13.33!)

And Guest Services is able to process renewals? I'll keep that in mind as it will likely be late in the day when I do the renewal.

They're definitely able to. If the ticket windows are open and Guest Services is crowded, they might direct you there instead. Keep in mind that when I renewed, neither the Fast Lane booth nor ticket windows were operating.

Note how it says regular price. Not to be combined with discounts. If I were to infer using previous knowledge, I would assume the FUN Perks voucher is uncompatible with the discount occurring as we speak (6 easy payments of $13.33!)

The easy-pay isn't a discount. It is online-only, however, so it isn't compatible with the Fun Perks voucher.

I think the text in RED is the key here..King's Island Season Pass. A Platinum Pass is an all Cedar Fair Pass, with your HOME PARK being King's Island. But let us know if it works..

I should have said it isn't compatible, in theory, with the $80 promotional price.

I would hope it is compatible with the promotional price, otherwise it's useless as the voucher is only valid during the promotional period.

I think the text in RED is the key here..King's Island Season Pass. A Platinum Pass is an all Cedar Fair Pass, with your HOME PARK being King's Island. But let us know if it works..

Technically, my existing Platinum Pass says "Kings Island" on the front, so one could say that it is a Kings Island Season Pass. But yeah, I'll find out if it works.

During my years in Admissions during the Paramount era, the fall season pass price was not considered a discount. It was the regular season pass price for that time period, until the price went up to the next price point. Although that was a different time and a different company. But I would forsee no problem in using the Funperks for a gold pass because as jcgoble pointed out, it's only good until the end of the season.

The Gator family may be getting platinum passes for next year, so I'd like to know if the discount works for that. I'd ask you to let us know how it goes, but waiting until after closing day when you get it is a little too late for us!

I used the $20 reward on my gold pass, a $10 reward on my wifes, and a $10 reward on my son's pass. They let us retain our current gold passes, which were all purchased in 2011 and renewed for 2012 (and now 2013). There was some confusion during the process and the lady who processed the order had to call over several people, one of whom had to phone someone else, but she was dilligent and got everything to work, including the discounts and even swipped our cards at the end to double check that everything was in place.

It probably took 10 minutes longer than it should have, made me wonder if we were amongst the first people to use those funperk reward vouchers, but they got it right and were very friendly; apolgising several times for the dealy (even though we were as patient w/ them as they were with us). My funperks account doesn't show the application of those rewards, so part of me wonder if they just used a price adjustment to knock off the price, either way, consider us happy, repeat customers, which I'm sure the park considered the ultimate goal.

The Gator family may be getting platinum passes for next year, so I'd like to know if the discount works for that. I'd ask you to let us know how it goes, but waiting until after closing day when you get it is a little too late for us!

Well, we always say on here, "When in doubt, ask the park." I just asked the park through the Contact Us link on the FUN Perks website. I'll let you know here what the response is.

Sometimes the website doesn't reflect the fact that a reward was used, so it's still downloadable, but the system at the park would reject it if it were used again. It's just a glitch.

And sometimes the system doesn't reject it. Case in point: The drink wristband voucher I got for signing up back in May didn't show as used after I used it in June, so I redownloaded and reprinted it and took it to the park in August. It worked without a problem. I'm not sure it was even scanned the first time I used back it in June, but either way, I got an extra drink wristband out of it.

And sometimes the system doesn't reject it. Case in point: The drink wristband voucher I got for signing up back in May didn't show as used after I used it in June, so I redownloaded and reprinted it and took it to the park in August. It worked without a problem. I'm not sure it was even scanned the first time I used back it in June, but either way, I got an extra drink wristband out of it.

That's kind of dishonest.

• Like 3

That's kind of dishonest.

Perhaps, but they shouldn't have left it available to me to use again. It should have been properly scanned back in June. I guess they can chalk the loss up to the growing pains of a new system (and really, how much is that loss compared to total annual revenue anyway?).

The GP discounts work for Platinum Passes. My fiance and I purchased them last week with the $20 off coupon for each! Saved us $40 on the PP!!!

Good to know.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the park would be happier to notice that jcgobble found a whole in their system, and was willing to share it, than that he got a day's worth of free pop.

If I get a coupon for pizza and the dilivery guy falls to ask for it or take it with him when dropping off the pizza and I use it again next week, is that stealing?

• Like 1

I see the "Gobble" error a lot, though that particular one is usually a mispronunciation, not a misspelling. School bullies used to use it to make fun of me, especially around Thanksgiving, but it never bothered me. My name seems to be one of the most difficult names in the world to spell, even when the correct spelling is right in front of you. I've seen Gobel, Gobble, Globe, Gable, and more. Even my first name (Jonathan) is often misspelled.

In short, don't worry about it. :)

• Like 3