Geauga Lake land will be sold -- in pieces

On the website under FAQ and the question concerning pass benefits is this gem.

Screen_Shot_2015_07_17_at_11_12_29_PM.pn

First sentence has amateurish "!!!!!"

Second sentence spells "opperating" wrong.

The third sentence actually doesn't have any glaring errors.

However, the fourth sentence is identical.

Sigh.

The final question on the FAQ even misspells the park's name as Wildwater Kingdome.

All this from a site that features PDFs of the 2014 park map. Of course, why not? Nothing's changed since then. Not since 2007, if you're keeping track.

At this point, it's two slide complexes and one water fortress might as well go elsewhere. This is a joke.

• Like 4

Just some perspective:

Eight MONTHS ago:

http://m.auroraadvocate.com/news%20local/2014/11/19/city-officials-hear-reports-of-possible-meijer-store-at-geauga-lake-park

A possibility of 270 jobs. And what did Bainbridge seem most concerned with? "Protecting" the property.

I, for one, hope they DO get their wish. In the last eight years, the property has certainly been "protected." Were I Meijer, I'd heed the early warning signs and take my development elsewhere.

Bainbridge empty parking lots are clearly highly valued, worthy of protection against companies bringing jobs, and apparently an endangered species. The town fathers should be preserved as fossils. Or, maybe, they already are.

• Like 6

^Ain't that the truth.

Also, it's worth noting starting August 1st, Platinum Passholders can bring anyone to Wildwater Kingdom for FREE.

Price integrity, COMPLETELY thrown out the window.

I think it's time is almost up.

To be fair Cedar Point has the same promotion.

• Like 1

And if the city really wanted to, I bet they could purchase Wildwater Kingdom and turn it into a community water complex and eventually pursue community rides. If they wanted to keep the park history.

I highly doubt that.

Cedar Fair is not going to be amenable to that.

And government run parks have done SO well. See Visionland, Rye Playland...

• Like 4

And if the city really wanted to, I bet they could purchase Wildwater Kingdom and turn it into a community water complex and eventually pursue community rides. If they wanted to keep the park history.

I highly doubt that.

Cedar Fair is not going to be amenable to that.

And government run parks have done SO well. See Visionland, Rye Playland...

See also: Waterford Oaks, Redford Oaks waterparks in Oakland County, MI.

Small scale operations?  Sure, but they've been county-run for some time now.

That said, I also don't see the city/township/wherever it falls wanting to purchase WWK.  Nor can I really see Cedar Fair wanting to sell.  The government would rather have the waterpark razed and continue receiving property taxes, it seems..

• Like 1

They didn't care when it was Geauga Lake, they don't care now. 

Sadly that park could have been built, if the area was built with it, and things worked out well for companies.

See Cedar Point/Cedar Fair with the local area. Lake Erie Shores & Islands partnership, an upcoming sports complex, local school system support, etc. 

Bainbridge couldn't even widen a country road to help with congestion and get people in and out of the park quicker. Sadly this was a major issue.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they are huge fans of Deal or No Deal....Meijer is the banker and they are the player....

The one has now sat unused for almost 10 years?

Seems like any company coming in would have the upper hand here. Meanwhile CF is attempting to make something from their land.

Stupid question, could the refusal by the council be influenced by a negative reaction to CF closing down the dry side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

This probably has been posted here before but I thought it would be a good idea to bring it up again. The incredibly cheesy Six Flags Worlds of Adventure recruitment video from I presume 2001 since the guy says X-Flight is new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpS2lDfxsm4

Probably nobody thought that SFWOA and Geuaga Lake would cease to exist in six years...

• Like 8

Or completely remove all non-organic remnants and let nature reclaim the land in a not-so-post-apocalyptic manner.

EDIT: Coin-themed cliché removed to relieve nausea.

I sort of like post-apocalyptic. Not to say I like seeing an abandoned area that use to house a great park.

• Like 2

And who is going to operate and maintain it with what funds?

Well the city/county keep complaining, so time

for them to step up.

They NEVER supported the park being there, and they sure would NOT support a public park there unless someone else paid for it in perpetuity. Heck, the one government has even been making demands of Meijer.
  • Like 3