Non expensive eateries in Kings Island...

lance99

What are some of the less expensive places to eat in the park?.

I will only be there for about 3 and a 1/2 hours and I will arrive at lunchtime.

My girlfriend who I am going with absolutely loves the festhaus as she works at that eatery, but, last week when we went to the park it cost me ten dollars for a small salad and some watermelon there and I would rather not pay that price again.

I will have maybe 20 dollars on me in cash to spend all day. I am looking for a price range of seven to eight dollars.

Also are you allowed to bring in your own food?.

I will not be doing the following...

No souveiners (I live six minutes from the park and have a pass so it is worthless to buy anything like that)

No spending added money on anything besides lunch.

I have a souveiner mug I got last week and I heard you can get refills for a dollar...is that true?.

For $7 to $8, you're going to have to eat outside the park. There's a number of fast food options up around Exit 25 (first exit north of the park); those will be the closest. I've heard that there are other options a short distance south of the park, but I don't know what's down there.

EDIT: You could also pack some food in a cooler and eat at your car. Food may not be brought into the park itself, but it's allowed in the parking lot.

Hmm, I didn't make this jingle up, someone else here on KIC did, but if I recall correctly it went...

"Six...Six...Six-Dollar Six Inch..."

Yeah, I'm guessing about that much. I think this was from a few seasons ago, though, so it may be even more now...

PS: If you made this jingle or remember who did, please remind me.

OK...Have this question then...say I choose to go to subway in coney mall. What are the costs for a six inch sub sandwich?.

$6 to $8 for a six-inch sub. Which is a rip-off. (Incidentally, if you really want to go that route, go to the one in Soak City instead. That one has a larger selection of subs and can do hot/toasted subs, which the Coney Mall location cannot.)

OK...Have this question then...say I choose to go to subway in coney mall. What are the costs for a six inch sub sandwich?.

$6 to $8 for a six-inch sub. Which is a rip-off.

Almost all dining options at KI are a rip-off. The prices are usually outrageous and the food quality is mediocre at best (Larosa's pizza, Hamburgers, chicken tenders, etc. Although I do like the fries from potato works) Your best option for cheap food is to either pack a lunch in a cooler and leave it in your car or keep your parking receipt leave the park and head to one of the closer dining options.

• Like 2

You may not, however, bring your own food to the park.

You CAN bring your own food to the park, you just cannot take it in the park and eat it.

Pack a cooler full of goods and you can go out and eat in a shaded area in the parking lot, I usually bring a nice big picnic blanket and drive the car over to a shaded grassy area and unload the cooler and the blanket and wola enjoy your meal, after you're done just pack everything up and go repark and re-enter the park.

• Like 2

If you are going to only be there for 3 hours or so, eat before you arrive at the park and then just buy a pop and a pretzel or popcorn to hold you over till the end. There is no need to buy a complete meal at the park. Save your money for the pop and snacks. If you have a refillable cup, just pay the refill price.

• Like 1

Hmm, I didn't make this jingle up, someone else here on KIC did, but if I recall correctly it went...

"Six...Six...Six-Dollar Six Inch..."

Yeah, I'm guessing about that much. I think this was from a few seasons ago, though, so it may be even more now...

PS: If you made this jingle or remember who did, please remind me.

The jingle normally pops into my head whenever I pass a Subway in the park. I mentioned signing it once in a post around here somewhere and of course people got mad at me. I remember seeing it posted elsewhere around here before that though.

The Jingle actually loses punch nowadays since Subway as all but abandoned the $5 Footlong.

• Like 2

^^ 5 Dollar Foot Long was where it was at! Now they have the featured 5 buck footlong, but it's always the subs that aren't any good.

Yup. There are only 5 different ones around here and one of those is a Breakfast sub. The ads all focus on 6 inch Subs and the accompanying $4 deals on them.

I can't help but feel this has happened in part due to the bogus Lawsuit over a half an inch of Bread.