Welcome to Kings Island Central Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

IndyGuy4KI

Banshee Construction Progress

9,091 posts in this topic

We are close to being done decoding the 2014 attraction! With the announcement being made in just a few days, I think we need a new thread to talk about the construction progress as we see it develop over the next 6 to 8 months!

We can chat about the progress and post pictures of construction updates we have taken at the park. (I will rename the thread once we know for sure what the name of the ride will be.)

I will start out by posting a construction picture I took during the Coasting for Kids Event on 6/9/13 on the EF showing the footers!

KI_zps7f88692e.jpg

I wonder how often we will see updates on construction from Don on the PR front. CP did a great job of that with Gatekeeper. Made me feel like I was there daily almost to see the progress.

Cool! Will you try and get the exact settings each time, so we can see an amazing, progressive time-lapse?

If anyone post pictures try and post the date, time, and location taken!

NoChickens likes this

I wonder how often we will see updates on construction from Don on the PR front. CP did a great job of that with Gatekeeper. Made me feel like I was there daily almost to see the progress.

Check out post #8: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27933-2014-attraction-twitter/

For future reference, you can get a direct link to a particular post by clicking on the post number.

Ride On_17 likes this

For future reference, you can get a direct link to a particular post by clicking on the post number.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep that in mind.

Check out post #8: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27933-2014-attraction-twitter/

Thank you very much sir!

No problem!

Oldiesmann likes this

I found a pretty cool "prototype" sketch of the 2014 coaster... (note: this photo was not created by me... I found it on the website in the link below)

http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/kings-island-new-coaster-2014/14#881637

BansheeExpansion.jpg

Whoah if that were real Banshee would be massive. that thing makes FOF'S building look tiny!

jtmorningview likes this

Did they announce the height of the lift hill during the event? I don't see it on the website...

I do not see it either and I watched the webstream, but not sure if Don or Greg said or not?