Activity underneath Flight Deck?

fanofFirehawk

There has been some discussion as to what is happening underneath the Station of Flight Deck and former part of the queue.

I thought this could be the place to discuss what is happening down there.

So far I believe a few of the props have been removed, like the model plane, and apprenenlty some of Displays doors have been opened.

I wonder if this accually is the beginning of some Flight Deck retheming.

• Like 2

Saw reports of this a few days prior to KIC members catching on. Interesting to see if there will be larger queue and more theme, which I hope Mr. Ouimet begins to work on.

• Like 1

I noticed the props were gone the Sunday before last. Hadn't noticed those doors were opened. Thanks for the photo, ohiocolts.

Add in The Bat rumor posted on KIC's Facebook, and I wonder if that new Bat logo could actually be worth something. I'm pretty sure that would be a pipe dream come true for me, in case my excited flailing during The Bat teaser "leak" wasn't obvious enough.

If there's anything to this, I wonder how much money the park would spend on a Bat retheme since they've already spent a record amount on Banshee. Ignoring the financial aspect, if I were retheming Flight Deck, I'd probably paint the track orange, at the very least. There's also new/repainted train shells, new signage and/or paint and/or theming for the station, and any potential additional theming to be considered. But when you do figure in the financial aspect, I don't know how much of that would be possible, regardless of how different the new management is.

• Like 2

I noticed the props were gone the Sunday before last. Hadn't noticed those doors were opened. Thanks for the photo, ohiocolts.

Add in The Bat rumor posted on KIC's Facebook, and I wonder if that new Bat logo could actually be worth something. I'm pretty sure that would be a pipe dream come true for me, in case my excited flailing during The Bat teaser "leak" wasn't obvious enough.

If there's anything to this, I wonder how much money the park would spend on a Bat retheme since they've already spent a record amount on Banshee. Ignoring the financial aspect, if I were retheming Flight Deck, I'd probably paint the track orange, at the very least. There's also new/repainted train shells, new signage and/or paint and/or theming for the station, and any potential additional theming to be considered. But when you do figure in the financial aspect, I don't know how much of that would be possible, regardless of how different the new management is.

Maybe the price tag for Banshee had already included the retheming of the area and rides near by?

batheader.jpg

Seems to me like way to much thought was put into this to just be a 10 minute Diversion for Banshee. the question is would Kings Island Sink this kinda Money into Rethemeing an old Arrow Suspended Coaster? Id like to think yes, but only time will tell.As excited as I am for Banshee, a Bat Retheme of Flight Deck is equally intriguing..

• Like 4

I don't think the intent of The Bat site was to be a diversion. As a programmer, I really feel like The Bat page was just a layout test for Banshee's site. Diamondback got its own domain after its announcement, so they could test that offline. But since Banshee needed to be able to link to and from the main site, as well as using its templates, etc, it would need to go live for some period of time to make sure everything works. By changing out all the details with alternatives that don't spoil anything, they are able to test their layouts without giving anything away. That way, in the worst-case scenario that it is discovered (as it was), the secret isn't out.

But maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I would LOVE to see a complete retheme of the area or a future new area made (I am talking over the course of 5 or more years). A haunted or creepy theme would be great in my eyes, and I have seen this sentiment reflected here several times. With all of the money just spent though I see it as an understandably slow process and as such I hope that whatever small changes they make now are not judged as the final product and hated on by the community too quickly. I am really gaining trust for this new management I hope it isn't misplaced!

• Like 2

I don't think the intent of The Bat site was to be an inversion. As a programmer, I really feel like The Bat page was just a layout test for Banshee's site. Diamondback got its own domain after its announcement, so they could test that offline. But since Banshee needed to be able to link to and from the main site, as well as using its templates, etc, it would need to go live for some period of time to make sure everything works. By changing out all the details with alternatives that don't spoil anything, they are able to test their layouts without giving anything away. That way, in the worst-case scenario that it is discovered (as it was), the secret isn't out.

But maybe I'm wrong.

But they bothered to make a fake (but believable) logo, repurpose a picture of Gatekeeper and take the time to code a new page of orange and black backgrounds and images? Then, they "accidentally" let it appear on the park's website for just a few minutes? I agree that test pages happen, but they invented an entire logo and site themed around "The Bat." It was clearly a diversion, and it worked like gangbusters. It might not have convinced 100% of people that The Bat was coming, but it did a good job creating a dialogue about it and spreading the possibility and the rumor. Many of us felt so sure of Banshee, and the "leak" got us to rethink ourselves and consider for a moment. That's what good marketing is.

• Like 9

But to fake an entire website, but put it somewhere very difficult to find seems a bit cryptic just for a red herring.

Then again, it's Don, and he isn't exactly known for being upfront with his teasers. It took me months to figure out that the teaser saying it would be like "Christmas, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Halloween all at once" was in reference to Holiday World, who once had a ride named Banshee.

• Like 7

But to fake an entire website, but put it somewhere very difficult to find seems a bit cryptic just for a red herring. Then again, it's Don, and he isn't exactly known for being upfront with his teasers. It took me months to figure out that the teaser saying it would be like "Christmas, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Halloween all at once" was in reference to Holiday World, who once had a ride named Banshee.

But which is more likely:

1) They faked an entire website, logo, promotional image, etc. to put it somewhere difficult to find as a red herring;

2) They faked an entire website, logo, promotional image, etc. with the hopes that it would never be seen by the public; it was just a placeholder website for Banshee.

Also one could argue that it wasn't hard to find. Someone testing out URLs didn't find it, it was posted to the site's front page! It was staged to look like an accidental leak. It was supposed to get us to think that we'd been wrong about Banshee. Look at the promotional image above, with the logo, the train, and the bats in the background. Do you really imagine they created that header image just as a placeholder, assuming it would never be seen by the public? I think they'd sooner use an equally-sized black rectangle to fill the header spot than hire someone / take the time to create that.

• Like 1

But to fake an entire website, but put it somewhere very difficult to find seems a bit cryptic just for a red herring. Then again, it's Don, and he isn't exactly known for being upfront with his teasers. It took me months to figure out that the teaser saying it would be like "Christmas, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Halloween all at once" was in reference to Holiday World, who once had a ride named Banshee.

I did not get it until just now...

• Like 8

What would be a nice touch would be a moving pathway to Top Gun/Flight Deck/The Bat.

That being said, and everyone done laughing by now, that space back there could possibly entwine another ride of some sort, especially if the current queue is relocated. Don't forget - we're in Action Zone!

• Like 3